IGNORED

Want to talk Colorado golf?

Note: This thread is 5433 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I just got back from a weeks vacation in Colorado and came across this thread. I had the pleasure of playing two great courses. The first was Deer Creek Village in Cedaredge and the second was Devils Thumb in Delta.

I only played the back nine at Deer Creek Village, but for my first Colorado golfing experience I have to say it was awesome. The elevation changes from tee to green was something I have never experienced and the views from the tee boxes were straight out of a post card. All in all it was both challanging and a pleasure to play the back nine.

Devils Thumb was a completely different animal. Cut into the "adobe badlands," this course makes you wonder how they grow green grass here. The fairways and greens were in great shape and there wasn't a brown blade of grass on the course. There are some relatively normal holes on the course and there are many majestic holes as well. Again, the elevation changes were awesome to a South Texas boy.

I would recommend either of these two courses to anyone wanting to play a nice round of golf, but if I had to choose one I would say Devils Thumb. I'm sure there are nicer courses in Colorado, but these are pretty good for the Western Slope.

EB

I’m up for playing Murphy Creek anytime (except the weekends) drop me a line and let me know. They have a seasonal weekday deal going on now – after 1pm the round is $40 with a cart.

Hey, I work out there, you guys wanna set up a tee time someday?

|Callaway FT-9 Tour Neutral 9.5 Diamana BlueBoard| TaylorMade TourLaunch 14.5 Matrix Ozik F7M2 X| Adams Idea Pro 20 Matrix Ozik Altus X| Mizuno MP-32 4-PW TTDG S300|Titleist Vokey 50| Tour Issue Titleist Black Ni Vokey SM 54|Callaway X Forged 62 || Kirk Currie Brazos| Callaway Tour IX/...

Has any played Common Ground since it reopened, I have been meaning to get out there.

Here are some of my favorites:

The Golf Club at Bear Dance (the greens are like ice)
CC at Castle Pines
Riverdale Dunes
Murphy Creek
Green Valley Ranch

What's in the bag?
Titleist D2 9.5 Stiff
Mizuno F60 3W
TaylorMade 3 Hybrid
Nike Pro Combo 3-PWTaylorMade TP 52 degreeTaylorMade TP 60degree

Has any played Common Ground since it reopened, I have been meaning to get out there.

Played it.. not worth 50 bones at all..

The greens were pretty flat, as they are still new, so that will take some time, absolutly zero break on any putts.. Only one FW remains of the former Mira vista, whihc is nice. but overall, if you hit it far, from the blue its pretty much easy..

|Callaway FT-9 Tour Neutral 9.5 Diamana BlueBoard| TaylorMade TourLaunch 14.5 Matrix Ozik F7M2 X| Adams Idea Pro 20 Matrix Ozik Altus X| Mizuno MP-32 4-PW TTDG S300|Titleist Vokey 50| Tour Issue Titleist Black Ni Vokey SM 54|Callaway X Forged 62 || Kirk Currie Brazos| Callaway Tour IX/...

I concur re: Common Grounds. If you are going to shell out $50 there are better options in Denver. That said, it is significantly better than it was as Mira Vista.

Forget your opponents; always play against par. - Sam Snead

Driver: R580 9.5 deg
3-Wood: 15.0 deg (holdover from my starter set)
5-Wood: 18.0 deg (holdover from my starter set)Irons: TA-5 3-PWWedge: CG-12 56 degPutter: White Hot XG Sabertooth

Note: This thread is 5433 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!