IGNORED

Recommendation needed....Dallas splurge

Note: This thread is 5529 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hello all,

I'm looking for advice as to the best course in Dallas/Fort Worth to splurge on for my birthday. Normally, the most I'll spend on a round is about $40, but just for this time, I'm looking to double that price, but the course has to be worth it. I've heard good things about Cowboys and the Tribute, but if there's something off the radar so to speak, I'm willing to test it out. Thx in advance.

Here are some good links for you (I believe the 2009 Dallas Morn. News Golf issue will be printed a couple Sundays from today)
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...ic.41adc6.html

http://www.texasoutside.com/txorails...lf_course_list

http://www.texasoutside.com/golfBest.html

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

My 2cents

If you have never played Texas Star in Euless, you will be in for a treat (price is right)

If you have time for some driving (3hrs round trip), head out to Links at Lands End in Yantis. Great course, great price.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

Oh, and Tangle Ridge right by Joe Pool Lake has just finished redoing their greens.

My top three (that I have played) meeting your criteria would be
Texas Star
Links at Lands End
Tangle Ridge

You will never be disappointed by The Tribute.
IMO, unless you have time to eat breakfast, play 18, eat lunch, then play another 18, Cowboys is not worth the price.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW

the Tribute and Texas Star are both fine courses... Bridlewood and Castle Hills are also very nice upscale public courses

apex53
In my bag:
Titleist 913D3 9.5
Titleist 913F 15

Titleist 913H 19, 913H21

Titleist 712CB 5-P Titleist Vokey 54, 58 Scotty Cameron Fastback Titleist ProV1x

Castle Hills was once great, but they switched the front and back nines. The "new" opening three holes are the most difficult holes on the course, with the first hole being ridiculous (perfect drive on a long par 4 is either in the creek running across the fairway (290 yards out) or in heavy rough just in front of the creek. When the course opened, the original opening hole is the "new" #10--the driveable par 4. This was a great way to start your round, with an easy par 4. With the new course set up, your first tee shot is a no-win. You either lay up with an iron to avoid the creek (which leaves you with a very long second shot, or you just hit driver anyway, and pray that it bounces over the creek, or you get a good lie in the rough.

Bridlewood is great, and I hear tour 18 has made improvements.
Riverside is good
Heritage Ranch in Fairview is great

Enjoy your round.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW

Note: This thread is 5529 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!