IGNORED

Recommendations on a new 56* wedge

Note: This thread is 5464 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

If you are a samurai and demand your wedges be made by one, these are fantastic.

p.s. and they can cut through those pesky trees if need be.

F Speed LD 08, Grafalloy ProLaunch Red 65
G5 5w, Aldila NV 75
G5 4i Hybrid, Aldila NV 85
S58, Z-Z65
Vokey 52° i3+ 56° Tour 60° Redwood Anser ProV1x

Cleveland CG 12 if you're comfortable with your striking and CG 14 if you need a little bit of a cavity back to help your flight. You can never go wrong with Cleveland or Vokey wedges.

----------------------------------------------------------------
What's in My Bag?
Driver - R9 460 10.5* UST Proforce V2
F Wood - SQ2 3W 15* UST Proforce V2
Hybrid - Baffler DWS 20* Fujikura SpeederIrons - Pro CB (4-PW) Project X 6.0Wedges - CG14 52* CG12 56* & CG15 DSG 60* Putter - Studio...

i just bought an MP-R 60/9* ill tell you how it plays whenever i get it in

~Grey
in the nike.gifsasquatch blue/silver bag:
taylormade.gif R580 10.5* driver | mizuno.gif MP-01 13.5* 3-wood | mizuno.gif F-60 18* 5-wood | mizuno.gif MX-200 4-GW |
mizuno.gif MP-T10 56*/13* satin black | mizuno.gif MP-R 60*/9* black Ni | odyssey.gif White Hot 2-ball XG 35" putter |
bridgestone.gif e6

I would go with a Wishon Micro CX 56*. Micro grooves narrow gaps are closer together with milling grooves. Gaps being closer together causes you to have 5 gooves to make contact with the ball inseed of 3 that you get with a regular wedge, along with milling lines and you get 500 rpm more ball spin, than a club with wide grooves.........

Will these be legal once the usga makes the groove change?

get a srixon wedge because they are similar shape to the clevelands since the two companies have merged and the srixon is forged and the cleveland isn't. However there are a lot of good wedges vokey, callaway etc...

15 yrs old

DriverBurner 10.5 degree stiff flexFairway Burner 15 degree proforce 75 gram regular flex Hybridrescue dual 19 degree stiff flexHybrid edge cft hybrid 24 degree stiff flex Irons progressive XC 5-PW regular HOPING FOR TOUR PREFERRED's!SW rac satin tp wedge 56 degreesLW spin milled...

For a nice forged wedge at a reasonable price, check out the Maltby M-Series from GolfWorks. I'm pretty sure it will have non-conforming grooves once the new rules are in effect, but that doesn't bother me much. Though they don't have the big name. these things are well made an can cost as little as half as much as a new wedge from a major OEM.

Launcher 2009 10.5º, S
Rescue Dual 16º
Rescue Dual 19º
Maltby MTF 4-pw, Rifle 5.5
Maltby M-Series 52.6, 58.8 2008 AnserOut of the bag: Big Bertha Fusion 15º, YS6+ R (for sale or trade)

I like the following:

1) Mizuno wedges
2) Titleist Vokey wedges spin mill
3) Cleveland wedges
4) Brand make of your clubs wedges

Do you know what bounce your going to get?

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

i just picked up a pair of the Nike SV wedges (52 & 56), and I am quite impressed with them...

Sasquatch Tour Stand Bag

taylor made R9 460 - 10.5 | taylor made Burner Wood - 15 | callaway BB Heavenwood 3 Hybrid - 20 | nickent 3dx RC 4 Hybrid - 23 |mizuno MX300 5-PW | titleist SM Vokey - 50/54/58 | scotty cameron Fastback - 33'' | titleist NXT Tourhttp://www...

I really like my Mizuno MP-R 56/13...it is the best wedge I've ever had for bunker play.

Cleveland Classic XL 10.5 Rombax 6X07
Titleist 904F Aldila NV
Nickent 3DX hybrid

MX-25 irons & MP-R wedges

Odyssey #5

Leopold GX1/Skycaddie SG5

Sun Mountain Hybrid Bag

I have been playing a Vokey spin milled 56* and it is one of the best I have ever played.

Driver: FT-9 7.5*
3 Wood: Burner 14.5*
Hybrid: SQ sumo 3 20*
Irons: Burner 4-Pw
Wedges: Oil Can 52*, Spin Milled 56*, Spin Milled 60* Putter: Crossbax Blade

Having played with both the CG10 (54-deg) and CG14 (52, 58) if I had to choose between the CG12 and CG14 in a 56-deg, I'd opt for the CG12. There's a bit more heft or weight to the heads of the CG10 / CG12 vs the CG14 which feels on the light side. Just my 2 cents.

Driver: TaylorMade RocketBallz 10.5-deg
Woods: Cobra Bio Cell+ 3W and 5W
Hybrids: Bobby Jones Workshop Hybrid 3 (20-deg) and 5 (25-deg)
Irons: Srixon XXIO7 from 6 - PW
Wedge: Srixon XXIO7 GW and SW

Putter: Bobby Grace DCT Captiva 34"; Ball: Sirxon Soft Feel; Shoes: Footjoy

Try a Ben Hogan Sure out there throwing em away and they play great from anywhere

In My Colonial Cart Bag
Driver: Big Ben CS3 9.5 Neutral
Woods: F60 3&5
Irons: BH5 Offset Model
Wedges: Sureout WedgesPutter: Karsten Zing USABalls: Z

• 4 weeks later...
I am in the market for a new wedge. What's your recommendation?

I just bought a cleveland 56* cg14 wedge. So far it's great. I lost my callaway 55* x18 sand wedge which really had too much offset for me anyway, and this wedge stops the ball out of the sand really well.

Check back in a few weeks however. :)

Note: This thread is 5464 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!