IGNORED

Recommendations on a new 56* wedge

Note: This thread is 5464 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Having played with both the CG10 (54-deg) and CG14 (52, 58) if I had to choose between the CG12 and CG14 in a 56-deg, I'd opt for the CG12. There's a bit more heft or weight to the heads of the CG10 / CG12 vs the CG14 which feels on the light side. Just my 2 cents.

Actually, I just bought my cg14 wedge and I thought I read in the specifications that this was actually a touch heavier then their 10 and 12 wedges.

I am in the market for a new wedge. What's your recommendation?

Eidolon 56 with Rifle Spinner 6.5. Best wedge I've ever had, absolutely fantastic.

In my C-130 Cart Bag:

Driver: Titleist D2 10.5° Aldila R.I.P. 60
Woods Exotics CB4 15° Aldila R.I.P. 70
Hybrids Exotics CB4 17°, 22° Aldila R.I.P. 80 

Irons 4-PW MP-57 Project X 6.0, MP-29 PW

Wedges  Eidolon 52°, 60° Rifle Spinner 6.5

Putter Bettinardi BB12

Ball One Black

Rangefinder Nikon Laser 500"Golf...

Vokey seems to be the most popular around here with the Clevelands being 2nd. I play a Cleveland cg12 although I went with a 58 as I'm not real comfortable opening up my clubs too much.

I don't think you can go wrong with any of the higher end wedges. I will say to match the bounce to the type of bunkers you find at your most played at courses.
Driver :Adams Speedline 9032LS 10.5*
Woods:Wilson Staff FYbrid 3W
Hybrids:Wilson Staff FYbrid (wood/hybrid gap)
Hybrids:Ben Hogan Edge CFT 3H & 4H
Irons:King Cobra S9 5I-PWSand Wedge:Cleveland CG12-58*Putter:Ping Redwood AnserBall:Nike Karma/Topflite GamerFavourite Gizmo:Club Caddy

taylor made z wedge, sick nasty
Da Bag

Driver Sumo 5000 9.5*
3 Wood Old School Supersteel, love it
Hybrid 3 FybridIrons tour burner 4-pwWedge 52*/58* Z wedgePutter White Hot XG #9Ball TP Red LDP

I love my Nike SV Tours but I will be giving the Titleist Vokeys a chance for the next set as my HC lowers of course

What's In My Bag:
Driver: TaylorMade R11s 9* w/ Fujikura Motore F1
3 Wood: TaylorMade R11s w/ Mitsubishi Fubuki 
Irons: Taylormade R11
Wedges: Titleist SM4 Vokey 52.08, 56.11, 60.04 
Putter: Odyssey Metal-X #9
Ball: Taylormade Penta TP5

I have a ping tour-w 56/14. Perfect club to get.

I've been thinking very seriously about adding one of these for my 14th club.

They are offering a new TS (thin sole) model that should fit the bill nicely. Going with a 60 degree low bounce model. Gonna get it with the same shaft & grip I have in my irons....also the same dot color and length adjustment. I've been getting decent full swing results with opening the face on my 54 degree SW....but this should be even easier.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

Consider the shaft carefully. Most of the wedges are very similair, the shaft is what provides the feel and performance that's going to make it your least or most favorite.

Having hit an ace with my Vokey, its hard to reccomend something else! My 60 deg is in need of a re-grind and refinish, but I'd rather have that wedge redone than buy a new one. I just love them.

What's in the Bag?

HiBore 9.5 deg w/Grafalloy Pro Launch 65
Big Bertha 3w
Tight Lies I-Wood 24 deg ap1 4-pw x-14 3-pw Vokey 52.08, 60.06 Detour Marksman Blade

Muira wedge

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

Likin' that Cleveland CG12 with those zippy doo da grooves in low bounce single dot

fine , fine, fine

Taylor Made driver (today)
Sonartec 4w - Nippon steel
Nickent Hybrid - Nippon steel
Mizuno MP 32 - Nippon steel
Cleveland Wedges (Lotta chrome)Putter by BettinardiYikes Batman, you have a mongrel bag !!!

If you had to choose between the Cleveland CG12 and CG14 which would you go with?

In a SW of 54 or 56-deg, I would go with the CG12..., in a GW of 50 or 52-deg and a LW of 58 or 60-deg, I would choose the CG14

Driver: TaylorMade RocketBallz 10.5-deg
Woods: Cobra Bio Cell+ 3W and 5W
Hybrids: Bobby Jones Workshop Hybrid 3 (20-deg) and 5 (25-deg)
Irons: Srixon XXIO7 from 6 - PW
Wedge: Srixon XXIO7 GW and SW

Putter: Bobby Grace DCT Captiva 34"; Ball: Sirxon Soft Feel; Shoes: Footjoy

I use a CG10 Cleaveland, if some one offered twice what i paid for it i wouldnt take it.

I have hit the CG12 alot too, all really nice, but it seems to get the ball higher. idk.

Aerolite III bag
MP600 10.5*
F-50 15*
MP57's Project X 5.5 3-PW
CG10 56* RAC 52* 60* 2 Ball putter ProV1/ProV1X Blackberry Storm GolfLogix

Note: This thread is 5464 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!