IGNORED

opinions on my potential??

Note: This thread is 5505 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

To be honest this could be an optical illusion due to the low angle and fish-eye effect of the camera lense.

True, and I am also excited to see if he uploads another video.

What's In My Bag
Driver: 905 T 9.5 Degrees
3-Wood: SS Hypersteel
Irons: 704.cb 3-PW
Wedges: Vokey Spinmilled 52,54,58Putter: YES! golf TracyBall: Pro V1

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ok yall, a couple things to address here:

1. it was a slight draw and it was crushed, thats the reason i posted it in the first place. why would i post a slice or hook? and no the club was not out to in it just looks like that idk.

2. as for the camera, i am at school, and therefore i dont have access to a camera because it is back home. My only option would be renting one from the library or something or borrowing from a friend. I might do this, I dont know, give me a few days and I will think about making a vid of my swing.

ok now, alcorn lemme answer ur questions:

1. i have driver, 3w, 5w, 3-pw, 56*sw, putter (i never even use my 3w and 5w, idk y)
yardages: driver-280 carry, 3iron-225, pw-155-160
2. fairways: i would say an average round would be around 35-40%, and greens in regulation average round would be about 45% or so. and putts i would say i average about 35-38 putts a round
3. long irons i am money. for any shot over like 215 i always use my 3 iron. and i would say 4/5 times it is a solid hit with good distance.
4. as far as tournaments go, i played in a little b.s. junior tour when i was 13 or something (and thats when i didnt even play golf really) and right now i am playing intramural golf in college, so not too much tourney experience.

True, and I am also excited to see if he uploads another video.

You think he'll try and sneak in a Ben Hogan swing video and hope we don't notice?

4. as far as tournaments go, i played in a little b.s. junior tour when i was 13 or something (and thats when i didnt even play golf really) and right now i am playing intramural golf in college, so not too much tourney experience.

Question for ya. Why aren't you in college on a golf scholarship? Someone with the raw talent to crush a 9I 170y pure every single time must have gained some attention from college coaches. Even with a 16.1 handicap coaches would be interested, because a terrible short game can be fixed with lots of practice.

1. it was a slight draw and it was crushed, thats the reason i posted it in the first place. why would i post a slice or hook? and no the club was not out to in it just looks like that idk.

how can you tell? it went about 50 yards straight into the woods

how can you tell? it went about 50 yards straight into the woods

dude u know if its going straight and it wasnt 50 yards i could see it for about 75-80 yards.

This is the best thread ever!!

Seriously, i hate yall kinda of people that blatantly accuse me of lying about my yardages. ok go to this site :

I just wanted to quote him on the course website. I can't believe that no one has called him out on this. The course is a joke. It is a nine hole 70/108. Kind of looks like a gimmick course also with a couple of 90 degree doglegs Seriously?? Dude, go play at a real course and let us know how you do. Maybe a course with 18 holes and par fours that are more than 400 yards. You could also throw in a par 5 that isn't reachable in two. If you are shooting a 41 on this course that would equate to about a 90 on a real course.

Here is your goal 804, average 36 or below for an entire year on this course, then you can come back and ask if you have potential to be pro. Chances are, it would still be slim, but at least maybe then you would have some respect.

I will judge my rounds much more by the quality of my best shots than the acceptability of my worse ones.

dude the average par 4 yardage is 375 yds. i know its not the longest but its not the shortest either and average par 5 yardage is 515 yds, and average par 3 yardage is 178 yds.

dude the average par 4 yardage is 375 yds. i know its not the longest but its not the shortest either and average par 5 yardage is 515 yds, and average par 3 yardage is 178 yds.

Exactly my point. A 375 yard par 4 is a driver/wedge. Even that 422 hole is a driver/8 or 9 iron. 178 for a par 3 is pretty easy by today's standard. Today's par 5's are in the 550 range. Another point that you don't have a clue.

I will judge my rounds much more by the quality of my best shots than the acceptability of my worse ones.

Exactly my point. A 375 yard par 4 is a driver/wedge. Even that 422 hole is a driver/8 or 9 iron. 178 for a par 3 is pretty easy by today's standard. Today's par 5's are in the 550 range. Another point that you don't have a clue.

another point that I DO have a clue. man everybody cant play on no executive course, although i would love to cuz i am a long hitter. I play with what I got and granted its not that long, but there are many courses that are shorter.

Another question for 804, besides the golf scholarship one, which I would still like to have answered.

How do you approach a 375 par4? What clubs do you use?

Deleted it.

909D3 (Voodoo, stiff)
King Cobra Comp 5w (YS 5.1 Stiff)
AP1 4,5; AP2 6-P; Vokey 252 08, SM56 14, SM60 08 (Nippon N.S. Pro 950GH Regular)
Newport 2 Mid Slant

i know exactly what you are talking about. there is a course near me that is this type of course. it caters to the 75 year old Canadians that live here during the winter. that course is a joke "brah". im sure there are better courses nearby you could play. whats the matter, u mad brah?

another point that I DO have a clue. man everybody cant play on no executive course, although i would love to cuz i am a long hitter. I play with what I got and granted its not that long, but there are many courses that are shorter.

The point was that you can't break 80 on a short, easy course. If you can't do that, don't come on here and ask if you can be a pro. BTW, you are on an executive course. A championship course is the type you want.

The point was that you can't break 80 on a short, easy course. If you can't do that, don't come on here and ask if you can be a pro.

i think that statement pretty much sums up this entire thread "brah". come back when you can break par on a course with a slope of 130+

Another question for 804, besides the golf scholarship one, which I would still like to have answered.

yea sometimes i just hit 3 iron off the tee for more control and so i have a full club into the green like pw. and sometimes i just bomb it with driver and then have a shot thats kinda of a awkward yardage.

Note: This thread is 5505 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!