IGNORED

What would you ask a famous clubmaker?

gas_can
Note: This thread is 7028 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

As part of my role as a writer for thesandtrap.com, I've got the opportunity to interview Mr. Dick De LaCruz , a pretty famous club designer who has been the VP/CEO of famous brands such as Callaway and Orlimar. A brief look over his resume shows he's designed some pretty significant stuff, like the S2H2 fairway woods which many PGA pros like Fred Couples still use. Now Mr. De LaCruz is starting his own company, De LaCruz Golf .

So if you were going to talk to a famous club builder what questions would you ask him?

• Administrator
Off the top of my head...
  • Why, with all of the technology advances we've seen in the past decade or two, has the average handicap not gone down?
  • If you could build the ideal set of clubs - the laws of physics notwithstanding - what would you build? How about the rules of golf notwithstanding?
  • Where is the game of golf headed?
  • What steps, if any, is DeLaCruz Golf taking to improve the retail experience for golfers, and in particular, the fitting experience?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

If you want to talk to a famous clubmaker.......go to TWGT.com and visit the forum. Tom wishon is prolly the most knowing man in golf equipment today. If you have any questions, ask and there is a very good chance that you'll hear from tom himself. Titleist was trying very hard to recruit tom for their head design guy, but tom opted to open his own company. He also sits on the technical board for either GOLF or Golf digest magazine. A very interesting man to talk to. He also designs and produces some killer equipment!

• Administrator
Bob, please read the first post... we're already going to be interviewing someone. Perhaps we'll interview Tom later, though. Thanks.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 7028 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!