IGNORED

Wilson STAFF vs Wilson STAFF's reputation

Note: This thread is 3809 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I used to use Fluid Feel Staff blades in the late 80s. I loved them, but I knew that I would be getting fewer swings as my career started. I thought I would be better served using a more forgiving club, so I switched to Ping Eye 2s which I still use. I kept the Staffs, as they were always my favorites. I'm glad to see that they are gaining popularity again, as Wilson is a great company with winning tradition in golf and tennis.

I picked up a set of ci11's in March and have shaved 4 strokes off my handicap. I would say that they hold there own. I mean for the price you can't really go wrong. When I was in the market for a new set of irons I did a heap of research. Being left handed and living in Perth, Western Australia it is hard to find clubs in a pro shop when you only really have 2 different companied to choice from. Reading the forums an seeing what the reviewers had said about these clubs made me try them out. I hit the RBZ's the D100 and the ci11 and went with the ci11's. Both the D100 and the ci11's felt 10 time better than the rbz.

The weapons of course descruction:

Driver:  :callaway:  RAZR 9.5 STIFF

3W     : :callaway:  RAZR STIFF

3H      : :callaway:  X HOT  STIFF

4-SW  :  CI11

GW     ::cleve: 588  50/8

P         : :odyssey:  White Hot Pro

Ball     : :callaway:  HEX BLACK TOUR

Wilsons are great irons.  The problem is they dont release new stuff often enough to keep up with the rest of the industry and the lack of any real tour presence hurts them from a marketing standpoint.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

I was gaming a set of first series fat shafts for the last couple years. Lives them but moved on to a set of callaway x forged. Wilson is getting back on track for sure I love there new line up the ci 11 are nice I almost bought those instead and there pricing is great for what you get. There lifts seem to be pretty strong though bug hey who cares lol. Driver wise the d100 is pretty nice. Demo demo demo all the Wilson line and others but give them a shot I give them 5 more years an they will be competing with the big boys again

• 3 months later...

The d 100 irons are pretty sweet but the lofts dont match the actual club lolll.

In the :ogio: Cart Bag :cleve: Launcher 9.5° Stiff :dunlop: 15° 3W Stiff :wilson_staff: D100 / 19 & 22° Hybrids Stiff :adams: CB3 Irons 4-GW Steel :adams: A7OS 54.5° SW :nike: 60/06 V Red LW :cobra: 35" Face Balanced Mallet Putter

I had a chance to demo some of there new stuff at the PGA Tour Superstore when it opened out here a few weeks ago. It's very high quality stuff and they are definitely making a comeback. I think their biggest issue is that a lot of stores just don't carry their clubs; however that does seem to be slowly changing as I'm seeing more and more Wilson Staff stuff.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 3809 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!