IGNORED

Big Break Prince Edward Island

kleinrider
Note: This thread is 5558 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

3 outta tweleve is actually a lot.

Driver: GigaGolf Verve 17 10.5°
Woods: Gigagolf X2 Fairway 3 Wood, Orlimar Trimetal 19°
Hybrids: Gigagolf Cloud Nine 4
Irons: Gigagolf Cloud Nine Series
Wedge: Gigagolf SGS Black 52° & 58°

Putter: Ping Pal 2i Isopur

Shoes: Adidas

Ball: Titleist NXT

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Derek is 31 yrs old. Do we know of anyone his age that made a big splash on the PGA tour? He finished +5 yesterday and will probably miss another cut. The 100k he presuemably got from BB will be the biggest payday he ever gets from golf.

Jason Gore was about 31 when he had his hot streak that propelled him onto the PGA Tour. Certainly nowhere near being out of his prime as far as a golf career goes. I've heard a lot of great golfers say that they thought they were in their golf prime while around their mid 30's.

Penta TP Ball || Nakashima Golf HTEC Tour Driver - w/ Mitsubishi Rayon Bassara 83g || Izett Golf 15* Deep Face 3-Wood - w/ Royal Precision Rifle Steel || MD 18* Hybrid - w/ Aerotech SteelFiber 110g || MP-58 3, 4 Irons... MP-60 5, 6 Irons... MP-32 7-PW - w/ Dynamic Gold || MP-T 53-08...

Well gang, not long until we find out for sure but reading your posts with all the research you've done makes it look like Derek has already won. Kinda takes all the fun out of it.

I agree that Eugene had the strangest swing since Barkley but he does score pretty well with it so, as Tiger says "there is no one way to play the game".
Personally, I'm told that I have a great swing so, Why does my ball go everywhere but where I want it to? I guess that's one of the ways Tiger talks about.

Excited about Mondays finally.

Duffy

Duffy,

Striving every day to be the person my dogs think I am.

Driver; Ping G25, Fairway, Ping G25 3; Irons, Mizuno M59, wedges, Cleveland cg15, 54, 56, 60, Putter; See More Zack style.

Well maybe Derek does have a chance to make it on the PGA tour if others his age have done it but with the $$ I think he won on BB why would he just continue to play the Canadian Tour? (He did miss the cut yesterday) Why not try to qualify for the US Open like Eugene did or play in some Nationwide events? Oh well just a mystery to me

BTW again...Eugene is tied fo 13th at -5 in this week's Canadian event. The leader is at -11.
The last Canadien event was won with a -16...those courses must really be set-up for scoring.

Sorry Duffy I didn't mean to ruin it for you Actually, I could be wrong...both Derek's and Blair's post BB actions and itineraries (as much as I can find out about) have been odd to me given that they may have won the 100k so I could be completely out in left field.

Well maybe Derek does have a chance to make it on the PGA tour if others his age have done it but with the $$ I

I would imagine that Derek probably did try to qualify for the US Open, he probably just never made it out of local qualifying. Or, he may have had an event that he needed to prepare for and wanted to put his money into that. Dunno.

Nationwide events are tough to qualify for, he doesn't have any status to just go play in one. If he did win the 100k, that doesn't necessarily make things that much easier for him, although having 100k and a sponsorship by Adams certainly would help. Who knows, maybe he is laying low and preparing for Q-School in the fall? It's a mystery. I'm assuming he won as well, but truth be told I've heard more about Blair playing in events than Derek this season.
Penta TP Ball || Nakashima Golf HTEC Tour Driver - w/ Mitsubishi Rayon Bassara 83g || Izett Golf 15* Deep Face 3-Wood - w/ Royal Precision Rifle Steel || MD 18* Hybrid - w/ Aerotech SteelFiber 110g || MP-58 3, 4 Irons... MP-60 5, 6 Irons... MP-32 7-PW - w/ Dynamic Gold || MP-T 53-08...

I would guess the winner doesn't get any money until the show is over on Monday. That way they don't see someone spending like a drunken sailor holding a bag full of Adams clubs.

-Bobby Harris
----------------
I play a Wishon driver that was fitted to my personal swing by a professional club fitter
Irons are Tommy Armour 845's for irons handed down to me from my father
Wedges by Cleveland Golf. Gap(52), Sand(56) and Lob(60).And a VERY OLD Odyssey Putter with a graphite...

Dog...that's a great point! Also possible that somone at a bank or brokerage house might spill it. See Duffy I told you I may be out in left field and now I feel like maybe some suspense is back.

BTW...Eugene, wierd swing and all (I guess he hasn't changed it) is now at -8and t5. At least maybe he's learned to be a little easier on himself. I'm beginning to think that it's possible that Eugene had the best game of all the BBers, based on this week's play and him being medalist at his US Open local. Who woulda thunk it?

All good points youngskip. And if Dog is right all my mental gymnastics weren't worth a pile of poo.(probably weren't anyway Anyhow, roll on Monday nite

Just a note. At 1:49 local Calgary time Eugene is on a charge Dude is -5 for the round thru 7 holes...3 birdies and an eagle! He is 2 off the lead! Go Eugene!

Just a note. At 1:49 local Calgary time Eugene is on a charge

Wow, he really flopped after an amazing start including a hole in one. Hugo Leon of Big Break Michigan ended up finishing higher than Eugene. I still think Hugo has the most potential of any recent male Big Breaker. Too bad he blew up in the final round of second stage Q School last year, after two great rounds. Anyone who makes it to final stage receives Nationwide status to some degree for the following year. That's the bridge for players on the Eugene/Derek/Hugo level, to at least make it to Q School finals and get out of the Canadian Tour or Gateway Tour stagnation.

Does golf channel ever replay the older big breaks?

Driver: GigaGolf Verve 17 10.5°
Woods: Gigagolf X2 Fairway 3 Wood, Orlimar Trimetal 19°
Hybrids: Gigagolf Cloud Nine 4
Irons: Gigagolf Cloud Nine Series
Wedge: Gigagolf SGS Black 52° & 58°

Putter: Ping Pal 2i Isopur

Shoes: Adidas

Ball: Titleist NXT

Let me agree with the post commending Golfgal for another great season of interviews.

It was particularly helpful this year, with the individual confessionals absent on GolfChannel.com.

I'll be very surprised if Blair wins. Since the last two episodes were filmed on the same day according to Blair's current interview (9 holes 3-way, 9 holes Derek vs. Blair), it means the confessional clips from last week's episode were filmed after the final result was known. And after watching again last night, Blair's smile was not nearly as beaming and anticipatory as the prior episodes. She didn't look crushed but had a more descriptive tendency than normal and a few times it seemed she was struggling to manage a full smile. I didn't catch that in the initial viewing, probably because it seemed obvious Brenda was gone, based on facial expression and snippy attitude.

Blair has really been making the grand tour, from appearances on Golf Channel telecasts to showing up at the US Open and a Futures Tour event despite not playing in that event. It makes sense if she is the runner up. Right now she is co-equal with Derek but if she knows she loses she has a brief window to capitalize on the publicity, which would help with her modeling and other ventures. Golf Channel apparently signed her for a forthcoming venture, mentioned in last week's interview. Blair also probably got the itch to play again after such a good showing in the series, beyond expectation.

If Derek is the winner it's not shocking his results have suffered. This is a lull period and he's waiting for the 100 grand. If he were on a stepping stone tour like Nationwide I might expect heightened intensity level and good outcomes but the Canadian Tour is mostly wading until first stage of Q School.

Overall I'm disappointed Big Break deviated from the typical format of 18 holes match play finale. The prize is their money, not admission into someone else's professional event, so they probably didn't care as much about legitimacy as what they can squeeze into an hour time block. Two players and only 9 holes should means we should see every shot, although I hope as few as possible are in that split view, square box hurry.

O.K. Rad You may be right. I'll assume that the outcome isn't a foregone conclusion and enjoy the show.

You guys might consider openning you own detective agency the way that you sniff out all these clues!

Duffy,

Striving every day to be the person my dogs think I am.

Driver; Ping G25, Fairway, Ping G25 3; Irons, Mizuno M59, wedges, Cleveland cg15, 54, 56, 60, Putter; See More Zack style.

I'll be very surprised if Blair wins. Since the last two episodes were filmed on the same day according to Blair's current interview (9 holes 3-way, 9 holes Derek vs. Blair), it means the confessional clips from last week's episode were filmed after the final result was known. And after watching again last night, Blair's smile was not nearly as beaming and anticipatory as the prior episodes.

Interesting. Actually I thought Blair was absolutely beaming in the last episode but I thought it was due to beating out Brenda. If those interviews were filmed after the finale then I would guess that Blair is the winner. She was grinning the entire time whereas Derek was a bit more subdued. Add in the constant edits of Derek's fear about losing to a girl etc., then this points to a Blair victory. I hope that's not the case because I think Derek is clearly the best player and deserves to win based on his performance. Also, I'm not sure I can taken anyone seriously as a golfer if they've been prancing around the playboy mansion 95% naked in body paint.

I finally saw the most recent show and they had a side-note that Brian has won 2 events on the Canadian tour. I know it's not the PGA Tour, but that is damn impressive.

Lots of hopefuls out there and even the occassional Nationwide and PGA Tour player comes out when he can't play that week on his own tour, especially those guys who grew up in Canada.

I know Mike Weir used to show up to some Candian Tour events, though now for him, it's just limited to the co-sponsored Candadian Open.

Regardless, it takes game to win an event in a tour like that. Sure, it's no PGA, but it's something.

The girls, Blair included, have barely made any cuts in their career. I think that's telling and I give Brian serious advantage given that experience.

Driver: 905S 8* - Graffaloy Blue 65S Shaft (tipped 1" Short)
Fairway: 960F (15*, 19*)
Irons: T-Zoid Pro 4-PW w/ True Temper Steel
Wedges: MP-R Black 52*, 56*
Lob: 60* CG-10 (nice and rusty)Putter: OZ Putter (with oversized Winn Blue Grip)Ball:: One Tour

Wow...Eugene really did sorta fall apart coming in yesterday but he had a good weekend overall while Derek missed another cut.

BTW, it is Derek who has two CanTour wins not Brian. The two wins are nice but they came a few years ago IIRC. He's been playing Canadian events for six or seven years now.

And speaking of those CanTour events...are all the courses on this tour set up for scoring like the last two? I mean this weeks winner shot -21! Last week's winner a -16. Are these guys that good or are the courses that easy? I've seen some posts that said that Rodd Mill was too easy to be a good test. If that's the case, what kind of a test are these CanTour players getting?

Anyhow, I'm still anxious to watch the BB finale tonight

Is this a Big Break thread, or a Canadian Tour thread? You can't tell by some of these off-topic posts.

I can't wait for the finale. I'll be rooting for Blair, but Derek's got it in the bag. He's a tremendous ballstriker.

Note: This thread is 5558 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!