IGNORED

What is your Game Importance?

TomDonS
Note: This thread is 5504 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Whats the most important facet of your game?

• Drive 4 Show
    • Putt 4 Dough
    • Iron Play
    • Short game is where it's at

For me its Short game which includes chipping and putting but for the purpose of this pole I picked short game not including putting

I can not crush the ball my average drive is 230 and for the last month or 2 has been straight and I am hitting fairways or very close to fairways

My Irons while not deadly accurate, I know my distances with them and can put them on or around the greens

So for me my scoring comes down to my ability to chip, pitch, and putt

I would love to be more accurate with my Irons, but for now the quickest way yo drop my score is to work on getting up and down and eliminating 3 putts

In my bag

Driver - c3 bullet 10.5 degree
Woods- c3 bullet 5 wood
Hybrids- 3dx 3 and 4Irons- 3dx 5-pwWedges- Purespin golf tour series gw,sw,lwPutter- antiguaBall - :taylormade: Burner TP

i went with iron game - you can just leave the driver in the bag and still post great scores if you're accurate and consistent with your irons. if your iron game is good enough that you can hit GIRs out the wazoo, you won't even need a short game.

however, that's not to downplay the importance of the other aspects of the game. i forget if it was ben hogan or harvey penick who said that driving is very important because it's the shot that, if executed correctly, builds your confidence for the rest of the hole. and putting, of course... you can hit that green in 2 shots but still walk off with anything between a birdie and a double bogey, depending on if you can putt worth a crap or not.

I picked the short game and that means 60 yards and in for me. I do agree with others that it all counts. I could not use a driver for years, but my fairway woods were my bailout clubs. But I did not start playing at a higher level and shooting lower scores till I worked very hard on the wedges and putter. You would be very surprised at how much time I have spent(and money) working on my clubs to get them right. You will just burn your fellow player's confidence by getting up and down a lot.

the short game equalizes everything
FT-5 Draw 10.5
NVG woods 3,5,7,9
Orlimar 4hy
Wilson DI-5 Irons 6-pwTurner wedge 51* bent to 53*TM TP 54* SW bent to 57*Wilson Kirk Currie #2 Mid MalletLaddie X

Note: This thread is 5504 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!