IGNORED

Golf course ephinany

JCDot33
Note: This thread is 5505 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So yesterday I was playing, and I wan't playing all that badly. I wasn't soring all that badly (+1 through 6) and I wasn't hitting the ball poorly by my standards. Then I hit my tee shot on 7 and something happened that just made everything "click" ... when I came through the impact zone I felt my elbows "snap lock" and made my amrs perfetly straight ... I hit that one tee shot about 20 yards further than I normally would (I think that one was about 280 if I did the math correctly) and it was dead straight. I continued to focus on this for the rest of the round and I played the next 12 holes to a +1 (with 3 more birdies, and had I hit some putts, the +1 would have been a lot lower).

So, now out on the range I am really focusing on making sure that my elbows and arms are straight and my weight is behind the ball when I come through the impact zone.

So, I know that we have all had them, and I just told you mine; so, now I ask all of you, "what is your latest (most reent) golf course ephinany and how has it helped you?"
In my Bag:

Driver: Burner 10.5* Stiff shaft
3 WoodBurner 15* stiff shaft
5 WoodBurner 18* stiff ShaftHybrid3DX (18.5*)Irons: (4-LW):Putter: Rossa Indy SportBalls: Reds

Most recent - get my swing flat - gives my a nice controlled 4-5 yard draw on iron shots. For my driver - line up, take a look, and swing, don't think about it.

I've probably gone through 5 or 6 different "thoughts" that have produced good rounds, including various breathing tricks (inhale on the back swing, hold breath, etc.).

In the end, they all come down to creating a rhythm and now I pretty much just focus on the 1....2.... swing thought.

Titleist 910D3 8.5* Aldila RIP
Titleist 910F 13.5* Diamana Kai'li
Nickent 4DX 20* and 24*
Tour Preferred 5-PW
52.08, 56.14, 60.04 Titleist Vokey

Odyssey Metal-X #9 Putter

Pro V1x

Good tempo and not swinging out of my shoes! I know this is something that everyone knows, and I know it too. It just seems like I forget about it every round. So every other round I have to think "its all about tempo dummy....quit swinging so hard!"

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Keep my head still (use to be keep your head down), I know everyone knows this too but I always struggle with it. If I don't move my head until my right shoulder moves it on the follow through, my ball striking can be down right good.

Craig 

Yeah, wanna make 14 dollars the hard way?

You really used "ephinany" twice?? :lol: Sorry, had to....

"epiphany" ;)

Nothing in the swing is done at the expense of balance.

You really used "ephinany" twice?? :lol: Sorry, had to....

OH $HIT ... Good catch,

and now it's too late to go back and edit it ... man, I look like a meathead right now ....
In my Bag:

Driver: Burner 10.5* Stiff shaft
3 WoodBurner 15* stiff shaft
5 WoodBurner 18* stiff ShaftHybrid3DX (18.5*)Irons: (4-LW):Putter: Rossa Indy SportBalls: Reds

more important to get a smooth swing rather than a hard one.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
In the bag.
Driver: L4V
Fairway: Custom made Acer XPs.
Hybrid: Custom made Acer.
Irons: Custom made Acer XPs 905.
Putter: Karsten.
Golf balls:
Glove:
Shoes: Footjoy Aqualites.

My most recent one is to watch my posture at address. I was setting up too hunched over with my shoulders and then it would make me come over the top too much. If I make sure to feep my back straighter and not hunch my shoulders my swing seem to be on a flatter swing plane. This has really helped improve my slice.

Mark

My pathetic bag that will hopefully be updated by next Spring.
5 Wood: Palm Springs
3-P Irons: Palm Springs
56deg Sand Wedge: Upswing Golf
58/10 Lob Wedge: Nike Victory Red Putter: Odyssey two ball putter srt Ball: Top Flight D2 Feel

Things fell into place the last round I played.

One of the biggest keys for me this round was watching closely for impact.

It is amazing at how much more solid I was able to stroke the shots....drives, putts, chips, irons....everything.....just by watching for impact.

It's something that occurs too fast to see....but....having my head steady makes a huge difference for me.

The other two things are to use very light grip pressure and stay relaxed and lazy.....the swingspeed goes way up by doing both.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

Mine was to keep my left arm very straight, lead with my right elbow and keep as much lag as late as possible in my swing.

Incredible effortless power. This is a meld of Hogan and Clampett's books. It's almost as if someone showed me the secret handshake.

Driver: Nike Covert Driver

Irons: Mizuno JPX-825 Pro 5-GW 

Cleveland Mashie 1, 2, 3, & 4 hybrids

Wedges: Mizuno MP-T4 Black Nickel 54* & 58*

Putter: Wack-e with super stroke grip

Ball: Titleist Pro V1X

• Administrator
Mine was to keep my left arm very straight, lead with my right elbow and keep as much lag as late as possible in my swing.

How do you lead with your right elbow? Or are you talking about the backswing?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

How do you lead with your right elbow? Or are you talking about the backswing?

On my downswing, my right elbow is in front of my right hand. I guess I was misleading by saying that my right elbow was leading. On my downswing, it is slightly ahead of my right hand and even with my left hand.

Driver: Nike Covert Driver

Irons: Mizuno JPX-825 Pro 5-GW 

Cleveland Mashie 1, 2, 3, & 4 hybrids

Wedges: Mizuno MP-T4 Black Nickel 54* & 58*

Putter: Wack-e with super stroke grip

Ball: Titleist Pro V1X

Note: This thread is 5505 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!