IGNORED

Hello from East TN

DES NUTTZ
Note: This thread is 5467 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hello to everyone. I have played golf for about 10 years but I have never taken it seriously and just played a few times a year. I am just now getting serious about it and hope to be shooting in the high 70's low 80's in a few years.

What's In My Bag:
Driver: TaylorMade R11s 9* w/ Fujikura Motore F1
3 Wood: TaylorMade R11s w/ Mitsubishi Fubuki 
Irons: Taylormade R11
Wedges: Titleist SM4 Vokey 52.08, 56.11, 60.04 
Putter: Odyssey Metal-X #9
Ball: Taylormade Penta TP5

Welcome Des!

Sounds like you have a good goal to work towards. What's in your golf bag?

LD F Speed 9.5 Driver Stiff
MX 700 3W Stiff
MP Fli Hi 2, 3, 4
MP 52 5i-9i
MP-T 47.06, 51.06, & 58.10 White Hot XG Teron Putter ProV1x ShoesQUOTE:"I will judge my rounds much more by the quality of my best shots than the acceptability of my worse ones" - Terry "The Wedge Guy" Koehler

I'm too lazy to type it so check my signature lol

What's In My Bag:

• 2 weeks later...
nice I go to ETSU, what courses do u play?

In My 2007 ogio.gif Edge Bag:
taylormade.gif07 Burner 9.5* S Driver
taylormade.gif08 Burner 3 wood
taylormade.gifRAC OS Irons 4-PW
vokey.gif56* Wedge taylormade.gifrac 60* satin wedgeodyssey.gifWhite Hot Tour #1Started playing January 2009, best round thus far: 82

I haven't played any up here around ETSU but I will be this summer. Any recommendations?

What's In My Bag:

Probably the best course for the money in JC is Buffalo Valley, you can walk for $11. Elizabethton is nice too, but its more expensive. Pine Oaks is 11$ too, its not as nice as Buffalo, but it's a relatively easy course so its good for beginners, that's where I usually play.

vokey.gif56* Wedge taylormade.gifrac 60* satin wedgeodyssey.gifWhite Hot Tour #1Started playing January 2009, best round thus far: 82

Probably the best course for the money in JC is Buffalo Valley, you can walk for $11. Elizabethton is nice too, but its more expensive. Pine Oaks is 11$ too, its not as nice as Buffalo, but it's a relatively easy course so its good for beginners, that's where I usually play.

I saw that Elizabethton was $24 or so for riding but it does not say how much to walk, do you happen to know the walking price, if there is one?

What's In My Bag:

I've played it once, and it was 20 to walk 18, maybe because it was on a friday and weekend rates are higher, I'm not sure about the weekday rates

1995 ETSU alum here and Greeneville resident. I've played all those courses mentioned and that's pretty spot on. Of the 3, Elizabethton is the nicest, but most expensive. I swear it was close to $40 to ride 18 a few years ago. I must have went on a weekend.

Buffaloe is pretty good and the Pine...View or whatever it is, is very convenient to ETSU. Less than a mile from Davis apartments on the corner of the campus. I do miss going to the driving range off South Roane street. Briar Lane or something like that? Great yardage markers, tons of demo clubs, covered turf bays or grass. Awesome!

1995 ETSU alum here and Greeneville resident. I've played all those courses mentioned and that's pretty spot on. Of the 3, Elizabethton is the nicest, but most expensive. I swear it was close to $40 to ride 18 a few years ago. I must have went on a weekend.

Yeah, I go there twice a week to hit at their range (Green Briar I think is the name) but did not know they had Demo Clubs so I will have to ask about that next time I visit. It's cool to see other ETSU people on here

What's In My Bag:

Yeah, I go there twice a week to hit at their range (Green Briar I think is the name) but did not know they had Demo Clubs so I will have to ask about that next time I visit. It's cool to see other ETSU people on here

Yeah man. I have to honestly say I'm biased toward Mizuno, so just to speak about that brand...they had a rack of ALL the models, the last time I was there. There was all the lengths +/- a few inches and lies +/- a few degrees. I demoed and bought a Ping G5 driver there. I think they asked for me to leave my driver's liscence. Since my wallet was in the car, I think I left my keys instead. Haha.

Also I got fitted there once on the Callaway optifit for a driver. They applied my fitting charge to the cost of the (used no less) G5!

• 2 weeks later...
welcome. I am from Knoxville but I go to school at ETSU (North Knoxville)

What's In My Bag:

Note: This thread is 5467 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!