IGNORED

Looking for a high loft Hybrid

Note: This thread is 6532 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I was wondering if any of you know of some high loft hybrid/utility clubs? The highest I have found so far is a 30 degree hybrid (it's a Precept ECU 30*). I bought this club last week and I love it. It has replaced my 4 and 5 irons. I was just wondering if anyone here knows of a hybrid with a higher loft than 30? To replace either a 6 or 7 iron.

Thanks a lot!
In the Bag:
Drivers:: Ben Hogan C-S3 (10.5* Neutral), Callaway Steelhead III (8.5*)
Hybrids: Precept ECU 30*, Precept ECU 25*, Dulop LoCo Utility 17*
Irons: Adams Golf Idea A1 Pro
Wedges: Adams Tom Watson (Lob and Sand)Putter: Adams Golf GT Spec 03 PutterBalls: Callaway HX Red & Precept MC Lady

BTW this seems like a awesome site! I think I'm gonna stick around!
In the Bag:
Wedges: Adams Tom Watson (Lob and Sand)Putter: Adams Golf GT Spec 03 PutterBalls: Callaway HX Red & Precept MC Lady

I think Adams Golf and Nickent both sell full sets of hybrid-irons. I've seen an Adams set with a pitching wedge that looks like a hybrid.

Jeff

10.5° Callaway FT-iZ Tour

18°, 20°, 23° Adams Idea Pro Prototype Hybrid

4-9 Titleist 690.CB
48° Titleist Vokey Tour Nickel
54°, 58° Titleist Vokey Tour Oil Can

Scotty Cameron NP2, 33"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Thanks for the replies those Tour Edge Iron-Woods look interesting. Anyone have any experience with them?

Also does anyone have any other suggestions?
In the Bag:

I play the tour edge 4hybrid. I definitely hit it farther than my old 4 iron, especially out of the rough. I do have to be careful at address it is kind of easy to set the club so that it is delofted or closed.

1W Cleveland LauncherComp 10.5, 3W Touredge Exotics 15 deg.,FY Wilson 19.5 degree
4 and 5H, 6I-GW Callaway Razr, SW, LW Cleveland Cg-14, Putter Taylor Made Suzuka, Ball, Srixon XV Yellow

.... I switched to Tour Edge about a year ago .... and I've been extemely happy with them ....

I started with the 4 hybrid with a test romp from a little store called "Second Swing", and I had a chance to play 3 courses with it and loved it .. then bought a new 21*, then the 24*, etc, etc, etc --- as you can see from below ...

High loft..? .. the 41* 9 and the 51* Attack Wedge are both a killer .... you can drop an olive in a Martini glass from 125 yards out ... "especially" good if you play courses with hills and big slopes .. deep rough.? No problemo ..

whats in the bag.??

Driver : Tour Edge Jmax 460 Carbon with the Fuji Vista Pro 50 shaft.
Woods : only one left after switching to hybrids - Adams ST #7 22*.
Hybrids : Tour Edge 21*, 24*, 30*, 41* and the 50* Attack Wedge with the Fuji graphite R shafts.
Wedges : Warrior 56*, 60*, 64* with the Harrison Shafts.
Putter : Ping Anser 2F.
balls : Dunlop Super Loco, Maxfli Noodles - or any "good" ball when it goes on sale ...

Home course: Grey Hawk.
travel course: Tobacco Road (Pinehurst).

Whats in the bag.?

Driver: Tour Edge 10* Jmax 460 Carbon with the Fuji Vista Pro 50 shaft/and, the Burrows 10.5* MAC 421cc with the Grafalloy Pro Launch 55 shaft.
Woods: only one left after switching to hybrids - Adams ST #7 22*.
Hybrids: Tour Edge 20*, 24*, 30*, 36*, 41* and the 50* Attack Wedge...

ttee9,

Thanks for the info! That's exactly what I was looking for, someone with first hand info on the clubs. I can tell this forums is going to be an awesome community to be a part of.

Thanks again
In the Bag:

at the risk of sounding like the infomercial, I LOVE my perfect club. From 150 - 180, it is my go to club, period. Hard to hit it badly, feels great on 99% of my hits. 21 degrees and I think a 41" shaft? Got it for $70 w/ graphite at Dick's - it hasn't left my bag in over a year. Best money ever spent on a club for me. Even if I can't hit anything else straight, I know I can always go to it in the clutch and nail a shot. :) They do offer the 24 degree Perfect Accuracy for more loft. You can also putt it like a 7 iron out of the rough and it'll plunk it dead straight with (sorry) perfect roll and release to the hole. Saved my bacon and made me some $$ on the backside of a Nassau!

Note: This thread is 6532 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!