IGNORED

Oh, I wish I had a golfing buddy...

Chilli Dipper
Note: This thread is 5482 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I got an e-mail this morning about this tournament taking place at my favorite area course a few weeks from now. A $100 entry fee takes care of greens fees ($70 for a typical weekend tee time), a dozen Callaway Tour IX balls, and a subscription to Golf magazine. A pretty decent bundle, if you ask me.

The problem? It's a two-man best-ball tournament, and I don't have any regular golfing buddies to make a twosome out of. Sigh...

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

i would've joined ya! sounds fun

"One of the reasons Arnie Palmer is playing so well is that, before each final round, his wife takes out his balls and kisses them. Oh my God, what have I just said."
US Open TV Commentator

S9-1 Pro D Driver 9.5 Degree Matrix Ozik XCON-6
CGB 3WPro Baffler 2/R 2HybridMP-37 Project X 6.0Vokey...

i would've joined ya! sounds fun

Looks like there will be a few in your area. Get a partner and give it a go!

LD F Speed 9.5 Driver Stiff
MX 700 3W Stiff
MP Fli Hi 2, 3, 4
MP 52 5i-9i
MP-T 47.06, 51.06, & 58.10 White Hot XG Teron Putter ProV1x ShoesQUOTE:"I will judge my rounds much more by the quality of my best shots than the acceptability of my worse ones" - Terry "The Wedge Guy" Koehler

i played a similar style small club tournament today.At first i thought oh sounds good bit light hearted. But i still thought wed score decent. any way cut a long story short i carried my partner and worst of all he didnt seem to mind. So im left a little angry . Any way just make sure u both ut in the effort otherwise youll be left with a sour taste in ur mouth

my clubs my bussiness

"As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
Ben Hogan

I live on the North Side of Atlanta, Near North Fulton GC.. I'll give it a run with ya if my schedule is clear. What course?

I live on the North Side of Atlanta, Near North Fulton GC.. I'll give it a run with ya if my schedule is clear. What course?

The course I'm talking about is Woodmont in Canton, but North Fulton is hosting its own qualifier on June 20.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Woodmont is a nice track... I would have joined you, but I have not played yet this year. Sad I know. Every time I can make some time it is freaking raining. :(

I second Woodmont being a great track. It's the only RTJ Jr. course in Georgia. If it wasn't so far North of Atlanta, I would play it more often. But have loved it the few times I get up that way.

Post your name/number in the pro shop and let the guys know you are looking for a second. You can't possibly be the only person in this position.

I am in the same boat as you. I would love to have a golf buddy. I would play with you, however I am from Wisconsin. Hey, any Wisconsin / Illinois border people out there that need a golf buddy?

In My Limited Edition "Sir Isaac Newton Caricature" Big Bertha Tour Bag:
Driver: Big Bertha Fusion Ft-3
Hybrid: Big Bertha Heavenwood 3h
Irons And Wedges: Big Bertha X-12 3-Sw And
60* Vokey Spin Milled Oil-Can Lob-WedgePutter: White Hot Xg Sabertooth and a Futura Phantom Balls: Hx Hot Bite...

Get in touch with the tournament director. They always know of someone who is looking for a partner. I got paired up with someone for a tournament that way myself.
Penta TP Ball || Nakashima Golf HTEC Tour Driver - w/ Mitsubishi Rayon Bassara 83g || Izett Golf 15* Deep Face 3-Wood - w/ Royal Precision Rifle Steel || MD 18* Hybrid - w/ Aerotech SteelFiber 110g || MP-58 3, 4 Irons... MP-60 5, 6 Irons... MP-32 7-PW - w/ Dynamic Gold || MP-T 53-08...

Note: This thread is 5482 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!