IGNORED

whats like a scotty cameron

Note: This thread is 5480 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Care to explain how it can make you read the green better and have a better stroke and make you speed judgements for you?

Didn't read anything about me saying I wouldn't recommend a Scotty Cameron to a beginner because there's no sense in it. A beginner would be someone who lacks the ability to have any sort of consistancy putting, whether it be reading greens, making a pure stroke, or judging speed.

---"Be the ball"---

IN THE Hoofer Vantage BAG:
Driver: F-Speed 10.5°, Aldila NV-F
Woods: F-Speed LD 3 & 5, Aldila NV-FIrons: S9 3-PW, NS-Pro 900XH SteelWedges: CG10 52° & Spin Milled 56.10Putter: Studio Select Newport 2Ball: Pro V1x SG4

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know, why does it?

You've obviously missed the point and are being argumentative because you're most likely anti-Scotty Cameron as well.

---"Be the ball"---

Woods: F-Speed LD 3 & 5, Aldila NV-FIrons: S9 3-PW, NS-Pro 900XH SteelWedges: CG10 52° & Spin Milled 56.10Putter: Studio Select Newport 2Ball: Pro V1x SG4

I went from a wood shafted blade halfway through high school to my rossi and it didn't make a bit of difference. A club can't make you a better putter.

If you think so, that's wonderful. I challenge your handicap of 13 then.

I think you'll find that most people believe using the right putter WILL make you putt better.

---"Be the ball"---

I have to agree that putting with a Cameron will NOT make you a better putter, but then again, Yogi's argument that if a Cameron instills confidence in your putting stroke, then yeah, you just might start putting better. i know when i was using a

Point in fact. Thank you.

---"Be the ball"---

i honestly think there is nothing like a scotty. i had a whitehot and i bought a studio series newport 2 2 weeks ago and i have drained almost all out side of 15 ft , and if not they have been within a foot. the feel is AMAZINGGG

Point in fact. Thank you.

So you agree with my that it(Cameron, top of line Ping,TM,etc..) won't make you a better putter? Thank You! If you need a certain putter to instill confidence in your game, your mental game is weak and needs work.

If you think so, that's wonderful. I challenge your handicap of 13 then.

I know so, I was there.

Challenge away. Why would I lie about my handicap? If I was lying I sure as hell would make myself better than a 13.

So you agree with my that it(Cameron, top of line Ping,TM,etc..) won't make you a better putter? Thank You! If you need a certain putter to instill confidence in your game, your mental game is weak and needs work.

I don't care what anyone

needs to instill confidence in their game, but whatever it happens to be is a good investment, not a sign of mental frailty. Scotty or not, if buying a new putter gives you even an ounce more confidence, then it was worth it. If buying that new driver makes you feel like you can hit it long down the middle of the fairway, then go for it. If you're going to stand over your ball before a shot and not be 100% committed and confident in your swing/stroke, then your mental game needs work (which is everyone, because no one is 100% committed on 100% of their shots), and if part of that is buying a different club, then so be it.
Penta TP Ball || Nakashima Golf HTEC Tour Driver - w/ Mitsubishi Rayon Bassara 83g || Izett Golf 15* Deep Face 3-Wood - w/ Royal Precision Rifle Steel || MD 18* Hybrid - w/ Aerotech SteelFiber 110g || MP-58 3, 4 Irons... MP-60 5, 6 Irons... MP-32 7-PW - w/ Dynamic Gold || MP-T 53-08...

Nike Unitized Leo new for about $85 after shipping. 303 stainless steel, CNC milled, stepless shaft - all things I like about it. I stripped ALL the paint-fill off it, removed the goofy shaft bands, and put on a Ping-man grip instead of the yellow/black/grey swoop thing it came with - really clean look now and has great feel/feedback (the WINN grip it came with was really thick). I've been very pleased with mine.

The Leo is an Anser (Newport) style - if you want the Anser2 (Newport2) shape then you should look at the Tiempo unitized model. It has a sight dot - that only thing I wish they would have added to the Leo...
In the bag:
905R 9.5° - UST ProForce V2 65R
909F2 15.5° Titleist Diamana 75
909H 19° Titleist Diamana 80
Zing 2 3-PW Vokey SM48.08 @ 51° Vokey SM56.11 Unitized Leo

It certainly helps, but by all means, keep up the anti-Scotty Cameron generalizations. Cheers

---"Be the ball"---

I don't care what anyone

Rock on man. Can't wait to pick up a Circa No. 3 myself. Excited to see the new line coming this Fall though, too!

---"Be the ball"---

It certainly helps, but by all means, keep up the anti-Scotty Cameron generalizations.

Are you so blinded by the words "Scotty Cameron," that you assume I am trashing them and only them? You can un bunch your panties now. I am talking about ALL putters. Where have I made anti-Cameron generalizations? I am sure they are fine putters. They are not the be all end all and they will not make your game better by switching to them or any other highly priced putter. If they do anything, they give you a placebo effect. I sure wouldn't want to spend $150+ on a putter only to find out it is no better than the 13 year old rossi I am using. If it makes you happy, buy it. I have no problems with that. If I sent you my rossi and you started using it, are you saying that you would have a tangible difference in your scoring for the worse?

Are you so blinded by the words "Scotty Cameron," that you assume I am trashing them and only them? You can un bunch your panties now. I am talking about

Again, nothing wrong with the placebo effect in golf. Like you said, golf is 90% mental.

There's got to be a reason that most of the best Amateurs in the world use putters that cost $150+. There's a reason that pros use expensive putters too... they get paid to, and they don't have to buy them. But if they weren't getting paid and they did have to buy them, you can bet they wouldn't be using a $50 blue light special. Don't forget your Rossie used to cost over $100 when it was new. And it's not a bad putter, I actually had a Rossie II back in the day. I just prefer the feel and performance that a milled face of quality steel offers.
Penta TP Ball || Nakashima Golf HTEC Tour Driver - w/ Mitsubishi Rayon Bassara 83g || Izett Golf 15* Deep Face 3-Wood - w/ Royal Precision Rifle Steel || MD 18* Hybrid - w/ Aerotech SteelFiber 110g || MP-58 3, 4 Irons... MP-60 5, 6 Irons... MP-32 7-PW - w/ Dynamic Gold || MP-T 53-08...

• Administrator
There's got to be a reason that most of the best Amateurs in the world use putters that cost $150+. There's a reason that pros use expensive putters too... they get paid to, and they don't have to buy them.

A lot of pros aren't paid to play a certain putter, though. A lot of the club contracts just say a player has to use 10 or 11 clubs of a manufacturer's line. Since putters are so personal and important, a lot of manufacturers don't force putters on their touring staff.

That's why a lot of touring pros use Camerons despite being on TaylorMade, Callaway, Adams, etc. staff.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Are you so blinded by the words "Scotty Cameron," that you assume I am trashing them and only them? You can un bunch your panties now. I am talking about

I wouldn't want to putt with a Rossi. I wouldn't be comfortable with it at all. I don't like the design, color, or manufacturer. Who owns Taylormade?

I know who owns Scotty Cameron. I read his blogs, listen to his interviews, and watch his videos. I feel comfortable and confident with his products 100%. What's wrong about spending $150, $200, even $300 on a putter that you use for years upon years? How many people are hitting a 5-10 yr old driver that originally cost $300-400 new?

---"Be the ball"---

No other putter ive tried has the same kind of "click" on a putt my cameron does. That feel and sound becomes addictive and i think thats why alot of people swear by them. Its not too firm, but not too soft. Just right..lol.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

oh....and the headcovers are a ton of fun to collect!

---"Be the ball"---

Note: This thread is 5480 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!