IGNORED

Hogan Big Ben Cs3

Note: This thread is 6559 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have been looking at the Ben Hogan Big Ben CS3 driver. I see that it comes in a neutral, draw and fade versions which have factory adjusted fixed weights to help with slicing or hooking the ball. I typically have a slight slice, (starts down the midde of the fairway and ends up on the right edge of the fairway).

My first question is does anyone have any experience with the draw or fade versions of this club and how much the different versions affect the ball flight? I am considering the draw to hopefully correct my slight slice, but I am worried about it over-correcting it and then having a slight hook on my swings.

Second, when they say "fixed" weights, does that mean that they are permanent? Or would it be possible to get them switched, either do it myself or have a shop do it for me?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

I believe that the way the weights come are the way they stay. Ive only seen the Big Ben in the draw or neutral in the stores. But differening from the Taylor Made line which allow you to adjust the weights (Moveable Weight Technology), the Big Ben does not afford you to do the same. It doesnt come with a weight wrench either.
Driver-Taylor Made R7 460cc 10.5* Fujikara REAX Stiff
Fairway Wood-Taylor Made R7 Draw 15* Fujikara REAX Stiff
Hybrid Taylor Made 19* Rescue Mid Steel Stiff
4-PW-Golfsmith G40 TT Lite XL Stiff
GW-Ben Hogan Riviera 8* Bounce 50*SW-Ben Hogan Riviera Medium Bounce 56*LW-Cleveland 60* 588 ChromePutter-Taylo...

I own the Neutral C-S3. Man I love this club. To answer your question about the weights, they are infact fixed and can't be moved.
In the Bag:
Drivers:: Ben Hogan C-S3 (10.5* Neutral), Callaway Steelhead III (8.5*)
Hybrids: Precept ECU 30*, Precept ECU 25*, Dulop LoCo Utility 17*
Irons: Adams Golf Idea A1 Pro
Wedges: Adams Tom Watson (Lob and Sand)Putter: Adams Golf GT Spec 03 PutterBalls: Callaway HX Red & Precept MC Lady

I have been looking at the Ben Hogan Big Ben CS3 driver. I see that it comes in a neutral, draw and fade versions which have factory adjusted fixed weights to help with slicing or hooking the ball. I typically have a slight slice, (starts down the midde of the fairway and ends up on the right edge of the fairway).

A couple grams of weight won't turn your slice into a hook, maybe just straighten it out a bit.

Jeff Gladchun

In my bag:
Driver: TaylorMade R7 Quad, 9.5°, Aldila NV
3 Wood: Titleist 904F, 15°, YS-6+ StiffIrons: Titleist 695CB 3-PWWedges: Titleist Vokey 252.08, SM56.10 SM60.08Putter: Odyssey White Steel #5 Center-ShaftBall: TaylorMade TP Black / Titleist ProV1xHome Course: Oakland Hills...

I have this club, i have the draw, but recently it's on neutral. See, what i did was i got some lead tape and tahdah! I average 270 off the tee with this club, its solid but I tend to baloon some shots 250. This is a very straight driver and very good feeling sounding club. I use the r7 425 for show, and it goes farther.

I recently bought this club in a draw bias 9.5 degree with adila nv-h stiff shaft and it's a doozy. I can hit darts down the middle now. I made a couple of changes to my swing that made more of a difference than the club did, however. The club will hook if i'm not careful. just have to keep everything on line and it'll go far and straight. There are other longer drivers, but i care more about accuracy than distance. 250-270 yards is plenty for me.

One more thing: There's less roll with this club. (i happen to think that's a good thing--makes driving from the tee more precise when i have to clear bunkers and such.)

I hit one 315 a few weeks ago with this club! Absolutely awesome sound you hit the sweet spot and boy does the ball fly off the club face. I have a very slight draw, so my ball rolls a good bit. I average 280-290 on most hits.

Love this driver! And what's best is that I spent under $100 for it. I get plenty of compliments on the driver too. Most people have to come over and see what I'm hitting after hearing the explosion on impact. Very sharp looking driver as well. Another plus is the Aldila NV Shaft, which is very nice. Excellent value!

My only grip is the head cover. It's one of those designs that's hard to slip over the club head. So that's a slight annoyance. Overall I can highly recommend this driver!
In the Bag:
Drivers:: Ben Hogan C-S3 (10.5* Neutral), Callaway Steelhead III (8.5*)
Hybrids: Precept ECU 30*, Precept ECU 25*, Dulop LoCo Utility 17*
Irons: Adams Golf Idea A1 Pro
Wedges: Adams Tom Watson (Lob and Sand)Putter: Adams Golf GT Spec 03 PutterBalls: Callaway HX Red & Precept MC Lady

Note: This thread is 6559 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!