IGNORED

Favorite 3 wood

Note: This thread is 6516 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

.... My favorite 3 wood now, is my Tour Edge #3* 21° hybrid ....

I just couldn't keep a constant with distance and accuracy with the Adams .. ooh, what a difference ......

The only real wood I carry now is my Adams ST #7 22 ... the rest are hybrids.

Whats in the bag.?

Driver: Tour Edge 10* Jmax 460 Carbon with the Fuji Vista Pro 50 shaft/and, the Burrows 10.5* MAC 421cc with the Grafalloy Pro Launch 55 shaft.
Woods: only one left after switching to hybrids - Adams ST #7 22*.
Hybrids: Tour Edge 20*, 24*, 30*, 36*, 41* and the 50* Attack Wedge...

I had 200 steel 3W and 5W for 3 seasons... I hear ya

aha... thanks for that little tip Rafi. I shall seek high and low, leave no V-steel unhit, leave no credit card un-maxed out, in this, most hallowed of quests...

In the bag
Driver: MP001 10* Aldila NV
Hybrid: Tour Edge JMax Bazooka 27*
Irons: x12
Putter: Tour Edge BackdraftBall: MoJo

...eave no credit card un-maxed out...

you may rest in peace, oh mighty knight, since your quest shalt be an easy one!

V-steels dropped in prices like crazy since the r5 and r7 introductions By the way - if I remember correctly - iacas has some good experiences with the r7 fairway wood. I believe they come in steel version as well. You might want to try them out before you settle on 2 years old technology (like I did ).

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Personally I love my Taylor Made Supersteel 3 Wood... but others include any callaway 4+ Woods!

I was very impressed with the Taylor Made 580XD 3 Wood. Where I work, we still have some for sale that have been fitted with Fujikura shafts. Possibly the most crisp sounding 3 wood I've ever hit. However, I haven't been able to play it on a course yet, only hit it in our net at work. I've hit both the R7 TP and ST Fairway woods at work as well both felt solid and gave me confidence at address.

I only tried the Fusion FT-3 driver, so I don't have a real opinion on the Fusion Fairway woods.

I agree with the other poster who liked the NVG2 Fairway woods, although I disliked the driver.

(Hope my boss doesn't read this thread, as we're not supposed to be hittin' clubs on the clock )

Driver: 907 D2 10.5 - Diamana Blue 65 Shaft
3-Wood: 906 F4 15.5 - Graphite Design YS-6+ Shaft
5-Wood: 906 F4 18.5 - Diamana Blue 75 Shaft
Irons: Rac TP CB Irons; 5.0 Flighted Rifle Shafts, 1 degree flat.
Wedges: Rac TP Black 52:08; 56:12Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 - 35"B...

My favorite 3-wood was an old Titleist PT knockoff I got with set of DCI clones (all I could afford after college!). I used it to tee off for 5-6 years because I couldn't hit a driver to save my life. I sold it this year (with the rest of the clones) to a buddy and have been hitting a TM 200 series 3-wood which I really like but I do regret (a little) about getting rid of the PT clone.

Alan Olson

Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!
Check out our Facebook page!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 2 weeks later...
i have a older adams 16* with the stock shaft, cant hit it wrong, i will never get rid of it unless i find a better one and i would still keep it for emergencies.

904F... but the new protoype, from what I hear, sounds amazing... the 906F2

Daniel Duarte
905R UST Proforce V2 76g 44" S
904F 15, Graphite Design YS6+
MD Hybrid, 19 Degree, UST V2 Hybrid S
Pro M Gunmetal 5-PW, Nippon 1150GH Pro SVokey Oil Can 52 - RAWVokey Spin Milled Oil Can 56, 60 - RAWTEI3 Newport II - Torch Copper- Prov1x

For me was my old Nike T-40 steel shafted 3-wood. I have a TM R5 and don't use it most of the time b/c I don't have the same confidence off the deck as I did with the Nike.

Driver: Dual Point 9*
Woods: Dual Point 3-wood, T-40 5-wood
Irons: r7 TP's
Wedges: RAC TP Black 52/56/60
Putter: White Steel

I have the Cleveland Launcher 3W 15 degrees and I love everything about it. It has a really hot face with great workability and forgiveness I personally think. I can use it from anywhere, from the tee box to the edge of the green. It fits my game perfectly.

Driver: Cleveland Launcher Comp 9.5 stiff
Fairway Wood: 2006 Cleveland Launcher Steel FW 15 Stiff
Hybrid: Cleveland Halo graphite stiff
Irons: Titleist 704.CB 3-PW Stiff
Wedges: Titleist Vokey 52, 56, 60Putters: Scotty Cameron Newport 2, Ping G5i Craz-EBall: Titleist Pro V1

Note: This thread is 6516 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!