IGNORED

Favorite 3 wood

Note: This thread is 6516 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Seems like the quest for the ultimate 3 wood is as great or greater than the quest for the ultimate driver. With all the technology available today there are many choices. What's your favorite 3 wood (old or new) ?

I really love my Cleveland Launcher Steel 3W. It's great from any part of the course. I've tried the Callaway X, Taylor Made R7, Cobra F/Speed, and the Titleist 904F and the Launcher is the best (In my opinion).

Driver: HiBore 9.5°, UST ProForce V2 67g
Woods: Launcher Steel 15°
Hybrid: Halo 2i 19°, 3i 22°
Irons: CG4 4-PW
Wedges: CG10 52°, 56° Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport 2 Balls: NXT Tour, Pro V1, Nike One, Callaway HX

• Administrator
I'm happy with any of the following:
  1. Titleist 904F
  2. TaylorMade r7 TP (2006 model with REAX shaft)
  3. TaylorMade r7 st

I'm really looking forward to trying the 906F... from what I've seen of it in tournament play, I'll like it!

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

titleist Pt 15 degree
What's In The Bag?

Driver - Rapture 10.5 Epic 68g X-Pure - Balance Certified
Fairway Metal - Titleist PT 18°
Irons - Mizuno MP-67 3-PW Project X 6.0 Wedges - Mizunos R Series Chrome 52°, 56°, 58° Project X 6.0 Putter - Yes! C-Groove Callie-f - Balance Certified Bag - Ping Freestyle...

I gotta go with the Callaway Steelhead Plus Strong 4-wood (same loft as a 3-wood). I have the new X 3-wood in my bag now, but I wouldn't be surprised to see the SH+ come off the bench (it's outlasted other various Callaway models, as well a Titleist 904F and a MACTEC). If you can find one used in good shape, it's a keeper. Nice deep face with a low CG for that great pro-type ball flight.

in the bag today:
Driver: TaylorMade R9 10.5° (Fujikura Motore 65 stiff)
3-wood: Tour Edge Exotics XCG (Aldila DVS Fairway 75 stiff)
hybrid: Sonartec Md 21° (UST Proforce V2 Hybrid 85 stiff)
4-PW: Titleist 755 (Titleist TriSpec Regular)Wedges: Titleist Vokey Design 252.08 bent to 50.5° (Oil...

I have a Launcher Ti 15 degree that the ball just seems to jump off of.

In my new FT carry bag
FT-9 Tour nuetral 9.5
FT-15 degree 3 wood
Fussion Hybrids #2&4
Fussion irons with Grapholoy Pro launch Red shafts56&60 Cally X forged wedges with Red shaftsSG9 putterCally I ballBushnell Meadealist range finder

I'm playing the X-tour 15 right now and I really like it. Had a 904f before that and hit some good shots with it but I like the trajectory I get with the X more (and I'm sure the shaft has something to do with that). I use mine mostly off the tee and haven't had enough fairway experience with it to fairly judge at this point - but on the range it does very well off the turf.

Played the R7 tp before that and yes it's a great fairway, but I don't think I prefer it over the Callaway or the Titleist, and it's certainly not twice as good despite the price point.

But I agree with the original post - for me it seems like finding the right 3-wood is a neverending battle. And I also agree that my fondest fairway wood memories are of the original Warbird.

In my bag:
Driver - 905T, 9.5* UST V2 75 s
Fairway - X Tour 15*, Fuji TP 26.3 x
Hybrid - Rescue Dual TP, 16* Diamana Rayon x
Irons - 4-pw X-18 PS Rifle 6.5Wedges - MpT BNi, 51.08, 56.13, 60.10Putter(s) - Puku BellyBall - Bridgestone Tour B330-S

I really like the Mizzy F50. I can get hit nearly as far off the deck as I can off a tee. I'm not 100% on the Exsar shaft (just doesn't feel like I expect a 3-wood to feel), but I'm afraid to mess with a good thing.

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.
--Groucho Marx

I went from a TM Firesol which was the worst club ever in the history of clubs...(well thats saying allot but I had to hit it perfect not to hook or slice it) to a Titleist 904f 15º with an X Stiff fuji and I love it....Hit it off the tee 270+ and off the deck about ten yards less, super great club but it has a bit of a draw bias. You have to be aware of that before you pull the trigger and not so much open the face but make damn sure your face is aim'd at the target. Love it
In my bag
Driver Nike SQ Tour 9.5º X Flex NV-60
Fairway Woods Titleist 904f 15º Fujikura X flex
Mizuno Fli Hi 18º DG X100
Irons Mizuno MP-33 3-PW DG X100 +1" 2ºuprightWedges Mizuno 56º sandTitleist SM60º LobPutter Scotty Cameron Newport MidSlant Pro PlatinumBall Pro...

I have the Mizuno MP-001 3 wood with a Grafalloy Prolite Elite, for me its a very good club, really consistant.

In the Bag:

MP-001 10 degree exsar 60
MP-001 3 wood grafalloy prolite elite
T-40 5 wood nike stock regular 22&26 degree CPR hybrids 5-9 CPR II 48 degree forged wedge 52&56 degree CPR wedges Corza monza

I played a Taylormade V200 3 wood last month, really enjoyed it off the deck. The weighting suited me perfectly. Now if only I can find one to buy...

In the bag
Driver: MP001 10* Aldila NV
Hybrid: Tour Edge JMax Bazooka 27*
Irons: x12
Putter: Tour Edge BackdraftBall: MoJo

My favorite is undoubtedly the Titleist 904F. I don't even use my driver anymore because it frustrated the hell out of me. I use the Titleist 3-wood 95% of the time off the tee, and I've hit a lot of fairways and maintained good distance. I actually hit my 3-wood as far or farther than my 905T. Go figure.

I have a old Ping that I love! It just seems to work for me. Dont ask why!

Ace Adair

904R 10*
I3 4 Wood 17* G5 Hybrid 22* CG-4's 4-PW Vokey Design 200 Series-- 50*, 54*, 58* G2 Anser Putter 35" ProV1 Hoofer 3 Bag "Putts get real difficult the day they hand out the money." -Lee Trevino "You are one evil, cunning woman. It's a massive turn on."--House...

I played a Taylormade V200 3 wood last month, really enjoyed it off the deck. The weighting suited me perfectly. Now if only I can find one to buy...

I had 200 steel 3W and 5W for 3 seasons... I hear ya

Since I couldn't get a new one and the old one's face was beaten up to shreds - I got the V-steel and I've to tell you - I like it. Very similar feel/weight.

I have a old Ping that I love! It just seems to work for me. Dont ask why!

Dang, I forgot about the old Ping Eye 2 maple fairways - they were really good too. I kind of wish I still had one to hit it side by side with some of the newer stuff. I'm sure it wouldn't go as far, but man those things had a sweet sound and feel.

In my bag:
Driver - 905T, 9.5* UST V2 75 s
Fairway - X Tour 15*, Fuji TP 26.3 x
Hybrid - Rescue Dual TP, 16* Diamana Rayon x
Irons - 4-pw X-18 PS Rifle 6.5Wedges - MpT BNi, 51.08, 56.13, 60.10Putter(s) - Puku BellyBall - Bridgestone Tour B330-S

Note: This thread is 6516 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!