IGNORED

That's Golf.

Note: This thread is 5459 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Well I've been in a little bit of a slump for the past few days. Yesterday I went out on the range and could not hit one straight shot with my irons. I like to play the little cut shot with my irons, and every shot was sliced dramatically. I figured that it was just a one-day occurance and that I will do so much better tomorrow. How right I was. Or so I thought.

I went to the range today feeling great! got a new bag: Ogio Edge. It has everything you can ever want and more. It makes me feel right at home. So I'm at the range, and as customary, I start out with my gap wedge. First shot goes right at the island I'm hitting at (aqua range) and hits it. Oo this is going to be a good day. Any other shot I hit with that club was no more than 5 yards to the left or right of the island.

So, I figured I'd go out and play 9 holes or so. It was a good chance to test out my new Ogio (which is great btw), and see how my game's doing. First hole- par. It was ok, but I had to scramble a little bit. 2nd hole- triple bogey. WTF?! First shot went O.B, third shot off the tee was a good drive about 285 right at the flag. I felt like I had a good chance to save bogey. WRONG. Chip was short and left on the fringe. That chip was short and left since it took a hard bounce to the left on the green. That putt missed, giving me a nice 7 on that par 4. I ended up 6 over on those 9 holes. All of my scoring was made in my short game. I had 16 putts. I had no real bad shots with my irons either. Hole 4 is a 163 yard par three, and since my 7 iron was going a bit short today, I decided to use it. Shot was right over the flag and I seriously thought it could go in. Flew 15 yards over the green. I ended up with a bogey.

Today's high: 92º F. Ouch. I haven't walked 9 holes in about 5 months, and I have that Ogio bag stuffed to the brim.(about 25 lbs). Would you say it was the heat and exhaustion that caused some of those scores? Or just a slump in the short game? I'm going with both because it makes me look better

Thanks for reading all that. I felt I needed to get that out. This website is now becoming the golf-twitter . Except your posts can be a little longer.

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Diablo 9º
2 Hybrid: Callaway Big Bertha Heavenwood
Irons: Nike Slingshot OSS 6-3 iron
          Taylormade Tour Preferred PW-7 iron
Wedges: Cleveland CG14 50º, 54º
              Taylormade RAC 58º
Putter: Ping Darby 32" shaft

I'm not at your level yet (hope to be prior to death), but everyone has a bad day and yet you still saved it from being a whole lot worse with your short game. I sometimes walk 9+ holes here in Louisiana with my bag so I feel your pain, but not everyday will go your way on the links (I've experienced that a ton so far).
BUT I keep coming back for more rewarding and punishing shots that still leave me enjoying my day even IF I've self-destructed. I think that is the way you need to view your most recent outing.

Like you said, thats golf.

I had the worst round of the season yesterday, followed by one of my best today, with another great round after that.

Sometimes you hit it bad, sometimes you get every bad bounce the course knows how to give. The putts arent right, you empty bunkers trying to get your ball out, or you lie 3 off the tee on a par four because you hooked it right into the lake off the tee.

Grin and bear it.

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

Titleist 913 D2 9.5* w/ UST Mamiya ATTAS 3 80 w/ Harrison Shotmaker & Billy Bobs afternarket Hosel Adaptor (get this if you don't have it for your 913)
Wilson Staff Ci-11 4-GW (4I is out of the bag for a hybrid, PW and up were replaced by Edel Wedges)
TaylorMade RBZ 5 & 3 Fairway Woods

Cobra Baffler T-Rail 3 & 4 Hybrids

Edel Forged 48, 52, 56, 60, and 64* wedges (different wedges for different courses)

Seemore Si-4 Black Nickel Putter

Like you said, thats golf.

I feel your pain. Second round of the season, I missed my best score every by one stroke. Two rounds since then have been absolutely AWFUL. However, within those rounds, I can manage to put together great holes and hit some amazing shots.

At the end of the day, I just tell myself "that's golf," and remind myself that golf is THE hardest thing I've ever tried in my life. Playing a bad round does make me itch to get back on the course and shoot something better, even if it's only a one-stroke improvement.

TaylorMade Tour Burner 08 9.5
Adams Tight Lies Strong 3
Titleist DCI962 3-PW
Vokey 52, 56, 60
Ping Anser 50th Anniversary

Well I've been in a little bit of a slump for the past few days. Yesterday I went out on the range and could not hit one straight shot with my irons. I like to play the little cut shot with my irons, and every shot was sliced dramatically. I figured that it was just a one-day occurance and that I will do so much better tomorrow. How right I was. Or so I thought.

ill trade you i havent hit a good shot in like 3 rounds

dude I'm feeling it too. Suddenly, I can't break 90 again. Its getting silly. I'm practicing harder than I've ever practiced before in my life, I'm putting better than ever, and suddenly my long game is just in shambles. We gotta push on through it i guess.
Bag: Flight SS
Driver: 10.5* r5 draw with Pro Launch blue 65 Stiff
Irons: CCi Forged 3i-pw
Wedges: 56* CG12 black pearl and 60* low bounce RTG 900
Putter: i-Series Anser 35"Ball: e5+Tee: Zero FrictionGlove: FootJoy WeatherSofRangefinder: MedalistShoes: Sp-6 II, Adidas 360Scores this year:92 91...

Note: This thread is 5459 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!