IGNORED

Your worst hole ever....?

$2 Nassau
Note: This thread is 5458 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The "worst golfer ever" thread got me thinking about this. So let's hear it, what's your worse hole ever in memory? Can be recent memory, or maybe when you were just starting out. The hole where everything just completely fell apart and you chopped it up badly, posting a number that resembles an NBA player's shoe size.

For me, it was the 7th hole of a public course that I have played quite often. #1 handicap hole. I had been playing for about 2 years and was wonderfully awful. I'm playing with my father in law and a couple of his friends. All single digit players.

I think I chunked 5 shots consecutively, this after hitting my first tee shot OB. Getting no more than 10 yards carry on any of those shots. Deposited one ball into a creek and another into the pond near the green. My father-in-law just wrote down a 10 on the scorecard. ButI think the true number was in the teens, probably around 13-14.

That was the turning point in which I said to myself that I need to improve because this game is no fun right now.

Most recent memory is sunday

Par 5

Tee shot left butted up against a fallen tree.
Hack it out backwards left handed and got back in the fairway
Toe'd a 6 iron to 100 yds from the pin
chunked a PW to the front of the green
bladed my chip over the green
Follow up chip was 20' short
3 putted

Whopping 9 on a par 5..

More of a strech of holes for me: I was in my 9 hole club championship. I pared 1 and 2(hard holes). I then proceeded to tripple a par 3 and double a par 4. Then the 5th hole. Topped my drive, hit and 8 iron around a cliff into the cliff. Had to take an unplayable and dropped still in the weeds. Punched out and hit onto the green after this. 3 putted. Ended up w/ and 8 and parred out!!!! Shot 45 and came in second compared to the winner's 44. Still kicking myself.......

In My Hank Haney IJGA Bag
Driver: FT Tour 9.5 w/ Aldila Voodoo Stiff
3 Wood: i15 15.5 w/ avixcore red stiff
Hybrids: Rescue 09 19, 22 w/ fujikara fit on stiff
Irons: 4 & 5 MP-52, 6-PW MP-58 w/ KBS Tour Stiff Wedges: MP T-10 52*, 58* w/ KBS Tour StiifPutter: Fastback 1 34 inBall: : Pro...

13 on a par 4.

After my tee shot (which usually averages around 320 )

I had about 140 yards left to the hole, I then skillfully shanked 4 in row OB with an 8 iron.

I can't believe you three putted... Just joking, that must of sucked...

Smile, it makes people wonder what you're up to...

Nike Sasquatch 460 10.5 degree driver Diamana shaft
MP-57 3-pw DG R300 shafts
MX700 Hybrid Cleveland CG14 50 degree wedge Nike SV 56 degree wedgeReid Lockhart 56 degree sandwedge (plays like a 60 degree, hence the two 56 degree wedges) Odyssey...

Twice I've put 5 in a row into a pond. Both resulted in 16s. the first time this happened I walked off the course. the second time I birdied the next hole.

Despite that aweful shot I just hit, I'm really quite bad at this.

Oh god, i've got it, hands down, my worst hole.

#3, a Par 4 on a local 9 hole course about 3 weeks ago.

Tee, hard right, into the water.
penalty stroke
Tee, hard right into water
penalty stroke
Tee, hard right in the water
Penalty,
Tee, down the middle of the fairway, long, good bounce,
Pitching wedge, 120 yard shot, blew the green, landed in the back of a bunker
Sand wedge, chunnked it 6 feet to the front of the bunker
Sand Wedge, past the hole, to the fringe
2 putts to the hole.

For a grand total of 12 shots on a par four. Par on the next hole, and played decent golf the rest of the round.

Im usually on the green on my second shot on this hole, third at worst on that hole.

I have shot worse than 12's when I started out, but was new at the game, so it didnt frustrate me so much.

After the turn, playing 9 more, I shot a 5 on that hole.

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

Titleist 913 D2 9.5* w/ UST Mamiya ATTAS 3 80 w/ Harrison Shotmaker & Billy Bobs afternarket Hosel Adaptor (get this if you don't have it for your 913)
Wilson Staff Ci-11 4-GW (4I is out of the bag for a hybrid, PW and up were replaced by Edel Wedges)
TaylorMade RBZ 5 & 3 Fairway Woods

Cobra Baffler T-Rail 3 & 4 Hybrids

Edel Forged 48, 52, 56, 60, and 64* wedges (different wedges for different courses)

Seemore Si-4 Black Nickel Putter

A couple of weeks ago in Guthrie, OK.

Pushed drive into trees, punched out to far left next to the water, backwards gap wedge off my ankle into the water, drop and a wedge to the green, two putts and a limp for the next 16 holes.

Craig 

Yeah, wanna make 14 dollars the hard way?

Ooh, ooh, ooh.......I can play.

Many years ago, but I remember it like it was yesterday.

3 balls OB off the tee. I swear, you could've laid a golf towel over all three of them.

7th drive straight down the middle.

8th into the water fronting the green.......9 out.

No sense not to shoot at the front pin now, right? 10th buries under the lip of the big ole bunker right behind the aforementioned water hazard and right in front of the aforementioned pin location.

11.....I've got this shot......well, as it turns out, I didn't. I just jammed the ball deeper into the lip.

Take an unplayable and drop back in the bunker.......of course the ball plugs on the drop. Now hitting 13. I've had enough of this damn bunker so I'm not about to get too cute this time and risk leaving it in.......so I promptly blade it over the green.

Remember the water hazard in front of the green? Well, it winds around to the back too...... 13 in, 14 out, now chipping 15. Decent chip to 4 feet. Of course I left the putt short. A two putt 17 on a relatively short par 4.

.....and we pay money to play this game!

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I am sure there have been really bad ones that I have suppressed in my memory, but those are mostly from when I first started playing.
Recently I was playing a CC course and shooting pretty well (pars and bogeys). Then I hit a bad stretch which included two par 5's that I played almost identically.

Tee shot OB. Drop 2. Hit 3 in fairway. Toed 3 wood OB. Drop 5. Hit 6 to about 100 yds out. Shorted my approach (7). Chipped on for 8 (both times pretty easy up and downs that I managed to put 15-20 feet from the hole). 2 putted for 10.

I shot 96 for the day (8 strokes easily tossed on those two holes). The other 4 holes were sandwiched in with those par 5's. Probably shot another 8 over on those 4. Low to mid 80's easily in reach and I choked it up good!

Was a beautiful course though!

Slim 11
Driver: Cobra F-Speed 10.5*
3 wood: Cobra F Speed
5 wood: Cobra F Speed
Irons: Cobra 3100H/I 3-PWSW: Pixl 56*Putter: Monza Rossa MalletBall: Slazenger Raw Feel

My game had gone to complete crap the last 3 weeks. I'd fallen into some bad swing habits that I was, for the most part, able to bandage up with compensations and knowing my home course.

Until Saturday, when an old college friend asks me to play a course away from home.

9th hole. 460ish par 4. Slight dogleg left. Water laterally along the left, trees right, funneling to a green with bunkers left and water right.

Tee shot-longish 280, but big block slice. Luckily, far enough right that I'm past the trees.
2nd-6iron, hoping to get back in the fairway. Pull it left, but still hopeful that i'll avoid the water on the left and salvage a chance at par. Ball lands ON A SPRINKLER HEAD, takes a 20 yard bounce into the pond.
3rd/4th-
8 Iron. Hit it fat albert, plop in the drink right front of the green.
5th/6th
7 Iron-Blow it long, into the forest/weeds. Lost ball.
7th/8th
Bladed 58 puts me almost back in the water.
9th-
Chip to 3 feet.
10/11/12
3 putt from 3 feet.

I can't remember feeling more frustrated with anything in my entire life than I was with the game of golf at that very moment.

In my Vaporlite Bag
Driver: Hireko PowerPlay Q2 10.5*
3 Wood: SS 3.5 14*
20* Hybrid: 3dx
Irons: 804 OS 4-PWWedges: 52* Vintage Forged 54* Vokey Spin-Milled 58* Vokey Raw Putter: Crossbax 2.0Ball: Gamer or D2 Feel

Just made a 10 today on the 5th hole of my Florida State Am Qualifier to take myself right out of contention. Shot even par on the way in. Oh well, better luck next year!

In my Srixon staff bag:

Driver: Titleist 909D2 8.5 - Grafalloy Epic X
Fairway: Adams RPM LP 13 degree - Grafalloy Epic X
Hybrids: Adams Idea Pro 18 degree - DGSL X100Irons: MacGregor 1025M 3-PW - DG X100SW: Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 54 - DG X100LW: Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 58 - DG X100Putter...

The most painful, psychologically and physically both, was a par 5 maybe 6 years ago when the blasted ball never once touched the fairway. Something like the following happened: slice to the right rough off the tee, chunked it a few yards (still in right rough), clean lateral hit over the fairway to rough left, chunked again to remain in left rough, another clean hit to rough right (ridiculous, getting tired now ....), missed green with "approach" shot (prolly into a bunker), prolly failed to get out, eventually three putted in exhaustion and disgust. I'm not exaggerating.

You do the math.

Why I didn't just leave the bag right there greenside and walk away from the game forever I have no idea. Just stubborn I suppose.

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

Note: This thread is 5458 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!