IGNORED

Golf in Los Angeles

P3R3
Note: This thread is 4935 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I wouldn't mind playing Rustic on Sunday.

I've got a lesson at 9, but can meet after that...

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't mind playing Rustic on Sunday.

A +1.8? Boy would I look bad.

MX500 9.5* S
Burrows Golf MAC Powersphere 3W
IDEA PRO Irons
Perfect Club 21*
IDEA PRO 3HSakamoto 54* X-tour 60* Newport 2 Pro Platinum Custom

If i didn't have a tee time already I would join you guys, perhaps i should get my handicap a bit lower first though. Im playing Vista this weekend.

Ben, i have heard some good things about ventura county courses like you mentioned. I think I will check some out in the coming weeks.

In my Golf bag
Big Bertha Irons
60* wedge
Hi-Bore Hybrid 3
Burner 3wood XLS Hi-Bore 10.5 Driver Putter On the feet Burner Balls

A +1.8? Boy would I look bad.

Oh come on. We aren't out for each other's blood. Its just golf. Fun in the sun. Or more likely "June Gloom". Get a tee time going!

Ben, i have heard some good things about ventura county courses like you mentioned. I think I will check some out in the coming weeks.

Yeah those were only a few that I'd mentioned. Ventura County is great for golf. The only course I've played that I don't care for are Tierra Rejada and Buena Ventura. Other than that. Good stuff.

Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

When I'm feeling a bit better, I may join you guys for a Sand Trap L.A. meeting.

As for me, I'm usually playing Rancho on a weekday. I like Balboa too, and Woodley. I used to play Knollwood, but not on a weekend ever again! Knollwood was where I first broke 90, though, so it's special to me.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I played woodley once, it is very wide open and very flat. They do have a natural turf driving range, thats a plus.

In my Golf bag
Big Bertha Irons
60* wedge
Hi-Bore Hybrid 3

I tried out Rustic Canyon today. They have some ridiculous deals there right now! A guy I was paired up with said he paid $40 for a month of unlimited range balls and unlimited super twilight golf (after 5)! Awesome!

I shot 3 over 39 from the blues (super twilight=only finished the front 9). Those fairways are wide! The greens were slower than I expected; they aerated recently and I don't think they were cut quite as short as normal.
Scott T

G5 9° V2 75 X / 909F2 15.5° V2 85 X / 909H 19° V2 100 X / MP-33 #3-PW X100 / X-Forged Chrome 54.15 60.10 X100 / FGP Black 34" / Penta TP

Handicap is a guess because I haven't established one yet.Best score so far is a 71 on a 6,509 yard 70.3/121 par 72 muni, during a glorious...

The back nine looks interesting...I wish I could have played it. Someone send me a PM if you guys need another person for Sunday. Getting smoked by Ben sounds like fun!
Scott T

G5 9° V2 75 X / 909F2 15.5° V2 85 X / 909H 19° V2 100 X / MP-33 #3-PW X100 / X-Forged Chrome 54.15 60.10 X100 / FGP Black 34" / Penta TP

Handicap is a guess because I haven't established one yet.Best score so far is a 71 on a 6,509 yard 70.3/121 par 72 muni, during a glorious...

I am out at super twilight at Balboa/Encino or Woodley pretty often. I would definitely be down to go out and play somewhere on a Sunday. That is if you fellas don't mind playing with a higher handicap player. Just PM me if you end up making plans.

I am back from a round with subpar at Balboa. Was a good time even though I was hungover

MX500 9.5* S
IDEA PRO Irons
Perfect Club 21*

I am back from a round with subpar at Balboa. Was a good time even though I was hungover

It was good to get together and play a round. I wore myself down (with 27 holes on Saturday and playing earlier in the day) and got weak after about 6 holes, but it was a great day to be on the course.

Looking forward to doing it again. maybe we can get 3 or 4 of us over to Rustic Canyon in a couple of weeks. SubPar

I played scholl canyon today for the first time. The back nine has some very nasty holes. if your a high handicap bring plenty of water balls (canyon balls for this course). It is nice up there but too many short par 3 holes. The greens were great. I don't think I will be going there too often, there are better courses to play

In my Golf bag
Big Bertha Irons
60* wedge
Hi-Bore Hybrid 3

I played scholl canyon today for the first time. The back nine has some very nasty holes. if your a high handicap bring plenty of water balls (canyon balls for this course). It is nice up there but too many short par 3 holes. The greens were great. I don't think I will be going there too often, there are better courses to play

Scholl is a fun distraction when you want to have a good time with some friends. A bunch of us sometimes play a skins game over there now and then.

There are some funky holes on the back for sure, but it is a nice change-up. The good thing about the course is it makes you think about a "smart play" or "percentage play" on almost every hole. People who play well there think through their options and can manufacture shots that put them in a postion to score. Not a grip it and rip it course. SubPar

Rustic Canyon this weekend preferably Sat earlish? Anyone?

MX500 9.5* S
IDEA PRO Irons
Perfect Club 21*

I've got a new schedule and I'll find out what it is tomorrow (Tues). Hopefully I can make it.

Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

I'm pretty sure I made the cut last weekend so I'll be playing the final round Sat.

Could do Sunday. If not that, then the following weekend. SubPar

I don't think I can make it this time, but I hope to make it to one before too long.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'm pretty sure I made the cut last weekend so I'll be playing the final round Sat.

I could do sunday for a afternoon round or so. I dont want to push it again like last time and show up completely hungover.

MX500 9.5* S
IDEA PRO Irons
Perfect Club 21*

Note: This thread is 4935 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!