IGNORED

Is the USGA Screwing Ticket-Holders?

colin007
Note: This thread is 5449 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

so ticket holders for yesterday's round are basically being told "tough" and that their tickets are now worthless. we all know the fine-print on the back says their tickets arent refundable, blah blah...but is this fair? these fans paid for a certain product and that product wasnt delivered. what do you think?

IMHO there is the letter of the law and then there is the right thing to do. the USGA is taking the former.

Colin P.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Its not fair at all. At least they could have offered those ticket holders something in return (like a free round of golf at black in the future) or something to make them feel like they werent cheated. They paid for a product, and didnt get it. At the very least, its poor customer service on the part of the USGA. I hope the thursday people make a fuss and throw (mud) in the faces of the USGA.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

The ticket holders should have known it was going to rain. So they knew the risk they were taking.

A quote from Kris
...is that college bball really isn't "lower tier". The better teams have their rosters filled with guys who could play in the NBA. hell, guys used to come straight from high school to the NBA. I really don't think there's much of a difference skill-wise between the two.

They just said that IF play goes on to Monday, Thursday ticket holders get in free.

Driver: Sumo 5000
Fairway Woods:RPM #3
Irons: Pro-Combo Tour 3-P
Wedge: SV Tour 56° VR 52°
Putter: Studio Select Newport 2Ball: Tour i/ix or Pro-V1x

They made the right move, there.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

I think it was a good move, but I'd be pretty pissed if I was someone with only weekend passes, expecting to see everything to the finish. Now those people will kinda get screwed. It's definitely a bad situation for everyone involved, especially because it's something like an 80% chance of rain tomorrow, and play probably will go through Monday. I'd hate to be the ones making those decisions, it's basically a no-win situation.

Follow me on Twitter - TST_Justin
 -  -  - 

This Week's Bag Drop - Miura Passing Point 9003 Forged Irons and Adams Idea Pro a12 Irons and Hybrids  - Sweet new forged cavity backs from Miura (do they make any irons that arent simply beautiful?) and irons/hybrids from Adams created with...

The ticket holders should have known it was going to rain. So they knew the risk they were taking.

nobody can question the USGAs justification, they are within their rights.

but put yourself in the place of one of these ticket holders. you know in your brain that rationally you dont have an argument, but in your heart you would feel like it wasnt fair. you bought tickets to see the entire first round and all the players in it, and thats not what you got.

Colin P.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

nobody can question the USGAs justification, they are within their rights.

I knew it was going to rain, it was a risk I took.

A quote from Kris
...is that college bball really isn't "lower tier". The better teams have their rosters filled with guys who could play in the NBA. hell, guys used to come straight from high school to the NBA. I really don't think there's much of a difference skill-wise between the two.

what they did was very generous. in the tennis u.s. open you would have be out of luck with the amount that was played at bethpage thursday.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

Note: This thread is 5449 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!