IGNORED

need a new club

Note: This thread is 6520 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hi im 16 years old and Im fairly new to playing the game of golf seriously but I have always gone to courses with my dad and hit a ball here and there but this year I have really gotten serious about it and now play full rounds of golf with my dad. I am looking for a club that would be good for about 170-200 yrds. Just to let you know how far I can hit my other clubs so you can get a better idea of what I need to get, I hit a sw 75yrds, pw 100-115yrds, 9 iron 120, 8 iron 135, 7 iron 140-150, and 6 iron 150-160, then my 3 wood which im not too sure how far but its over 200. These are the clubs I am consistent with, my driver and long irons I dont use because im usually all over with them. I am thinking about a 5 wood or maybe even a hybrid club. So again what would you reccomend me using to get between 170-200 yrds?

steve

go to a golf store with one of the computer simulators and try out some different clubs, that shoud give you an idea what to buy. club and shaft

Yea, I agree with Dan. That's probably the easiest and you'd be able to try out all different things.

In the bag
907 D2 8.5 Matrix Ozik shaft
904F 13 UST Proforce shaft
585-H UST Proforce
4-PW 690.MB Vokey Oil Can 52 56 and 60 Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 1.5 Pro VIHome Course- Somerby Golf Club site of the Nationwide Tour Scholorship Fund Tournamenthttp://www.somerby.com

I hit my Ping G2 7 wood around 175-200, which falls in perfect with your distances. I hit the clubs you mentioned the exact same distance, so try out a ping 7 wood.

But, like the other guys said, try out the golf stores, and their computer programs.

I went to test out some clubs at the store on the computerized screen thing. I really liked the Cleveland halo 22* 3i hybrid. I was hitting it about 170-180yrds. Is this a pretty descent club? Are they good for hitting out of the fairway rough and fairway bunkers? Do you think this will make a good long approach club for me?

thanks,
steve

Note: This thread is 6520 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!