IGNORED

Stats for guys in the low single digits HDC Index

elsito99
Note: This thread is 5418 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hey guys,

I have been improving a lot this year, currently playing to a 10 or 11.

I am interested in those of you who play to a low single digit and keep stats.

How many GIR do you average, FW and putts?

I've had quite a few good rounds including a few 80's but with a few GIR only, like 3 or 4. This may indicate a very strong chipping game, so I am going to start working a lot in the 3,4 and 5 iron area.

TIA

Blade Stand Bag
905R 11.5 R flex
Tight Lies 3 Wood
Ci7 Irons 4-GW R Flex
Vokey SM Wedges 54 / 58Classic Putter #1 34"ProV1 or U-Tri Tour or E5+

I play on a pretty simple course... not long and almost wide open (except for a few holes". I average close to 90% on fairways and greens and about 30-31 putts per round.

My swing thoughts:

- Negative thinking hurts more than negative swinging.
- I let my swing balance me.
- Full extension back and through to the target. - I swing under not around my body. - My club must not twist in my swing. - Keep a soft left knee

Although I didn't play near my handicap, here are my stats from my last two rounds (83-76 in the USGA Public Links Qualifier)

Round 1: 8 FW's, 9 GIR, 36 Putts
Round 2: 8 FW's, 7 GIR, 29 Putts

Horrible day for me, really. I normally hit around 10-12 FW's, about the same GIR and closer to 30 putts per round on average...
underparnv

That's how I like my golf. A kick in the face. -Ben

Driver: 983E 8.5* w/ stock stiff flex shaftIrons: MP60 - 2 through 9 irons (swap out the 2 iron for my three wood at some courses)Wedges: 588 Chrome - 47* Pitching Wedge, 53* Gap Wedge, 56* Sand Wedge MP-T Black Ni - 60* Lob WedgePutter:.....

In my last ten rounds:
5.4 handicap
83 score average
50% fairways
36% greens
32 putts per round
Putts per gir 2.08
Putts per missed gir 1.61

Mid-single digit handicap with several high scores. My big stat is that 99% of the time, if I hit 50% gir, then I score 80 or better.

• Administrator
Last 5, 10, 20, Totals here...

GIR: 56.67%, 53.33, 53.61%, 48.57%
Fairway: 69.57%, 57.55%, 54.48%, 52.78%
Putts: 29.8, 28.8, 29.4, 29.16

I play on a course (Lake View) quite frequently with very, very small fairways (average width of about 22 yards) and small greens.

To those of you who are 10s, please respect the question the guy asked - low single digits.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 5418 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!