IGNORED

Titleist NXT: Tour vs. Extreme

Note: This thread is 5415 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I know there are quite a few threads about picking a golf ball, but I'd like this one to be more about comparing the NXT Tour with the NXT Extreme. There's a great review of the two balls here , but I was wondering what people who play one of them (or have played both) think about the balls. Today I played a round with the Extremes. I liked the way they came off the tee, as well as the way they felt when I put. Unfortunately, I'm not really capable of hitting the ball far, so that 3rd shot on a par 4 or 4th on a par 5 is really critical for me to get it as close to the hole as possible to save par. As such, I've got a few Tours that I plan on trying out tomorrow (weather permitting), and I'm hoping that I find them more responsive. Any thoughts?
Driver: Cobra Speed Pro S X/10.5*
3W: TaylorMade Rescue
Irons: Adams Ovation 3 (4-LW)
Putter: Ping Zing 2i
Ball: Noodle + Long & SoftGlove: FootJoy SofJoyShoes: FootJoy GreenJoyShort term goals:Break 92 for 18 holesShoot 5 pars or better in one round.

I've played both and with my personal experience, the NXT Extreme had more distance off the tee and a little with irons. The Tour seemed a little softer and spun more.

In my Xtreme Sport bag
'09 Burner 9.5*
F50 15* 3 Wood
Burner 18* 5 Wood
MX-19 4-GW SV Tour 54.12 & 58.08 White Hot 2-Ball SRT

How noticable was the distance? Would you recommend sacrificing the gained distance for more control or do you think that extra distance would help?
Ball: Noodle + Long & SoftGlove: FootJoy SofJoyShoes: FootJoy GreenJoyShort term goals:Break 92 for 18 holesShoot 5 pars or better in one round.

I actually played most of my round yesterday with the NXT Extreme. I get good distance off the tee and with my irons. If you're worried about control into the greens, be weary [sp?] that you won't get a lot of spin on the ball so account 5-7 yards of roll if you get a pure shot on it. If you don't tend to get a lot of spin while playing any ball, then account for more........

I'd go with the tour. I would rather give up the few yards and have some more control and feel.

In my Xtreme Sport bag
'09 Burner 9.5*
F50 15* 3 Wood
Burner 18* 5 Wood

I'd never sacrafice spin and feel for distance. I had a box of Tours and EXtremes, like said its spin vs 10 yards of distance.

Aerolite III bag
MP600 10.5*
F-50 15*
MP57's Project X 5.5 3-PW
CG10 56* RAC 52* 60* 2 Ball putter ProV1/ProV1X Blackberry Storm GolfLogix

I've played both and they're great balls for the price. The Tour is closer to a Pro V1 to me. The Extreme was longer but I'd still say only marginally. See how they come off the putter and around the green chipping. If you're ok with both, try the Extreme for the added distance.

Kevin

-------
In the Bag
Driver: G15 9.0*3 & 5 Wood: BurnerHybrid: Pro Gold 20*; 23*Irons: MP-58 (5-PW)Wedges: Vokey Spin Milled 52*8; 56*14Putter: Newport 2.0 33"Balls: NXT

I like the Tour a lot. It's a lot of ball for the money. I would say that it's a budget Pro V1. In fact I've mixed and matched the Tour with the Pro V and I really couldn't find too much of a difference.

909D3 9.5° w/ UST ProForce V2 (XS)
975F 14.5° w/ UST ProForce V2 (XS)
735CM 3-PW w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold (S300)
56° Spin Milled
60° Spin Milled Studio Style Newport 2 35" Pro V1x or Tour B330

i hate the NXT EXTREME NO SPIN AT ALL THE TOUR IS OK THOUGH

15 yrs old

DriverBurner 10.5 degree stiff flexFairway Burner 15 degree proforce 75 gram regular flex Hybridrescue dual 19 degree stiff flexHybrid edge cft hybrid 24 degree stiff flex Irons progressive XC 5-PW regular HOPING FOR TOUR PREFERRED's!SW rac satin tp wedge 56 degreesLW spin milled...

i hate the NXT EXTREME NO SPIN AT ALL THE TOUR IS OK THOUGH

Caps Lock is on I believe

In my TerraFirma X Bag
360 Ti 10.5° Driver
FT-i Squareway 15.0° 3w
04 Big Bertha 19.0° 5w
04 Big Bertha 4-9, PW, GW +1/2" Irons Vokey Spin-Milled 56°10° SW C02 Milled 35" Putter Contour Shoes and SofJoy GlovesA mix of NXT and Laddie Xtreme balls

It depends on whether you want more distance or more spin.

A quote from Kris
...is that college bball really isn't "lower tier". The better teams have their rosters filled with guys who could play in the NBA. hell, guys used to come straight from high school to the NBA. I really don't think there's much of a difference skill-wise between the two.

I play recycled NXT Tours and like them a lot. I used to play the Bridgestone e6+ for it's low spin qualities, but through trial and error found that the NXT Tour is a good all around ball for my game. In fact I've got a couple of e6+'s still in my bag from the last dozen I bought a few months ago and the last time I played one I really didn't like the feel of it especially off the driver and other long clubs. The NXT Tour has a higher compression and the lower compression e6+ feels dead off my clubs in comparison.

Nike Vapor Speed driver 12* stock regular shaft
Nike Machspeed 4W 17*, 7W 21* stock stiff shafts
Ping i10 irons 4-9, PW, UW, SW, LW AWT stiff flex
Titleist SC Kombi 35"; Srixon Z Star XV tour yellow

Clicgear 3.0; Sun Mountain Four 5

I've played both, and I agree with most of the other people posting. The NXT Extreme is a little harder which leads to a slight increase in distance off the tee making the Extreme and the Tour comparable.

However, from 100 yards in and on the green the Tour distinguishes itself significantly from the Extreme. If you buy them retail, it's well worth the extra $5/dozen.

Another option is checking out Edwin Watts where they sell NXT Tour Logo overruns for $15/dozen.

I played with the Tour today. I definitely prefer them. They flew long and straight and stuck greens. I plan on buying some more.

Another option is checking out Edwin Watts where they sell NXT Tour Logo overruns for $15/dozen.

Where do you see that? Can you link to them?

Not to steal this thread, but in terms of spin and control, would you rather go with a used/refurbished ProV1 or a new NXT tour (about the same price)

Clubs:

Driver: Ping G10 10.5 UST Mamiya Proforce V2 Stiff
Fairway: Ping G10 15.5 UST Mamiya Proforce V2 stiff
Hybrid: Ping G10 18.0 UST Mamiya Proforce V2 H stiffIrons:  Ping S56 3-PW KBS tour StiffWedges:  Ping Tour S 56, 60 degree KBS tour stiffPutter:  Ping scottsdale anser 2 34"

Used Pro V1 for me. Depending on what grade you are getting but I would take the used Pro V1 over a new NXT Tour but that's just me.

In my Xtreme Sport bag
'09 Burner 9.5*
F50 15* 3 Wood
Burner 18* 5 Wood

Note: This thread is 5415 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!