IGNORED

Hybrids Confused

Note: This thread is 6489 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I don't get Hybrids, what exactly are they? Well I hit good long iron shots, and I hit reasonable fairway woods, and can hit a 7 iron 170 yards. So should I get Hybrids, oh yeah and my handicap is 24?

Longer hitters often replace their 2 iron or five wood with a hybrid. Easier to hit than a two iron, more workable than a five wood, especially the more iron like hybrids. Short hitters like myself benefit from the ease of getting them up and the longer shafts compared to a long iron. We are more likely to replace a 3 or 4 iron, probably not necessary for you.

1W Cleveland LauncherComp 10.5, 3W Touredge Exotics 15 deg.,FY Wilson 19.5 degree
4 and 5H, 6I-GW Callaway Razr, SW, LW Cleveland Cg-14, Putter Taylor Made Suzuka, Ball, Srixon XV Yellow

instead of getting a 2-iron i looked for a club that would go perfectly between my 3 iron (230) and my 3 wood (270) and i came up with a 16 degree rescue (240-250) heh hybrids can save your life.. easier to hit than a 2 iron IMHO and way better than a 5 wood :) you should definitely try one out. hybrids are getting to be quite popular

Titleist 905R 8.5 Degree // Stiff
TaylorMade Rescue Mid 16 Degree// Stiff
Titleist 690.CB// PW-3 Rifle Flighted 6.5
Titleist Spin-Milled 56 Degree
Titleist Spin-Milled 60 Degree

Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Titleist Pro V1

One of the leftie problems is finding demo clubs to try out, but I played with another leftie who had a hybrid. I hit 5 iron off the tee on a short par 4 and then hit his hybrid 5 about 20 yards short of that. I tried it a couple of more times with the same result - shorter than my 5 iron, so I decided it wasn't for me. I've got buddies that swear by them though.

Roy McEvoy is my hero.

In My bag
TM Burner 9.5 S Flex

Wilson Invex Strong 3 and 5 wood

Maxfli Revolution 3-PW Irons

Cleveland 54/60 wedges

Odessey XG #7 Putter

i love my rescue mid tp

titleist 983E 8.5* Graffalloy Prolite stiff
Taylormade rescue mid tp 16* fuji vista pro stiff
hogan apex tour 2/3-E hogan '4' shafts
588 rtg wedges in 51, 56 and 60 degrees
yes c groove emma putterpro v1x

I bought a 3 hybrid clone just yesterday. I'm not very good with long irons and I'm not a powerful hitter. I was told it will help me. I'll field test it today.

In my bag:
Wilson 380cc Power Sole Driver 10.5, clone 460cc 10.5
Henry-Griffits Iron set
Clone 3 Hybrid *19
Clone putterNike Mojo Balls

i've never given a hybrid that much thought, cuz i never really face any shots between 250 and 200. which i find really weird, but if you think about it, you might need one on a long par 3, but unless i mess up or am playing a 500 yard par 4 i wont need on on a par 4, and if u play the par 5s wisely i dont need one (cuz usually i cant even get there in two with a 3 wood anyways). but i can see where higher handicappers would want one cuz i dont like my 5 wood or 3 iron either.

In My Bag:
9.5 degree Mizuno MX-500
15 degree Titliest 904F
Mizuno MP-32 3-PW
Cleveland CG10 Black Pearl 52 degree
Vokey Spin-Milled 56.14
Ping i5 Anser

• Administrator
i've never given a hybrid that much thought, cuz i never really face any shots between 250 and 200. which i find really weird, but if you think about it, you might need one on a long par 3, but unless i mess up or am playing a 500 yard par 4 i wont need on on a par 4, and if u play the par 5s wisely i dont need one (cuz usually i cant even get there in two with a 3 wood anyways). but i can see where higher handicappers would want one cuz i dont like my 5 wood or 3 iron either.

I have a long par 3. I also use it to lay back on some par 5s sometimes (to avoid putting a shot to 55 yards or some other weird yardage).

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I carry a 22 degree (4 iron) hybrid, I love the club... the distance can be really strange... sometimes I use it on like a 195yd par 3 off the tee, but I have used it on a par 5 from 235 out and hit greens with it... well, other than my freakish distance issues the club is awesome... well worth making it an addition to your bag

Daniel Duarte
905R UST Proforce V2 76g 44" S
904F 15, Graphite Design YS6+
MD Hybrid, 19 Degree, UST V2 Hybrid S
Pro M Gunmetal 5-PW, Nippon 1150GH Pro SVokey Oil Can 52 - RAWVokey Spin Milled Oil Can 56, 60 - RAWTEI3 Newport II - Torch Copper- Prov1x

Note: This thread is 6489 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!