IGNORED

Video of my swing, need suggestions

Note: This thread is 5386 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Yeah I used to play baseball.

Thanks for the tips guys.

Ron del barrio,

Do I need to get the clubhead that high on the takeaway too(as seen in frame 30)? Or do I just need to get my hands in that spot and the club on that plane? That seems awful high for the clubhead on the takeaway?

- Joel

TM M3 10.5 | TM M3 17 | Adams A12 3-4 hybrid | Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5-PW

Vokey 50/54/60 | Odyssey Stroke Lab 7s | Bridgestone Tour B XS

Home Courses - Willow Run & Bakker Crossing

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Just my 2 cents, i would suggest slowing down on the backswing, and perhaps even pausing for a brief moment at the top. This allows you to gather yourself and store lots of power in your shoulders and hips. Also, it makes it easier to concentrate on accelerating through the ball. To me, it looks like your swing is all the same speed start to finish, rather than accelerating on the downswing. This is just a minor change though, your swing looks good overall.

I have experimented with a slower backswing but it just doesn't work for me, if I move too slow on the backswing I subconsciously think about trying to get into positions(1/2 back, at the top) and it just gets me all out of whack. A somewhat faster motion keeps my mind off that. I have been using a longer transition at the top though, and I like it better so far. I never noticed until on video but my transition is definitely faster than I would like. A slight pause at the top works well for me. Somehow that got away from me.

I played 18 holes today and there was some definite improvement. I'm hitting much smaller draws 5 yards at most(only hit a couple hooks all day and they weren't big), mostly 2-3 yard draw or straight, with a few small fades mixed in. Just need more time to dial it in. I noticed I'm hitting the ball a little higher for some reason too and more distance. I'm definitely not complaining about that though, I need the higher ball flight especially. I can live without the extra distance but I'll certainly take it.

- Joel

TM M3 10.5 | TM M3 17 | Adams A12 3-4 hybrid | Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5-PW

Vokey 50/54/60 | Odyssey Stroke Lab 7s | Bridgestone Tour B XS

Home Courses - Willow Run & Bakker Crossing

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 5386 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!