IGNORED

Was I wrong here?

Donnie_Brasco
Note: This thread is 5545 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Wasn't the "new" club just a loaner...? I don't think he got a "great deal." Just a temporary fix.

No, the guy ended up giving it to him. But the OP wasn't happy because the guy didn't want to do it originally and wasn't pleasant enough about it, lol.

Used clubhead, with a used shaft that he didn't even purchase at the store and that had been pulled once already for a brand new club is an incredible deal! This guy shouldn't be here ranting and expecting sympathy.

My Tools of Ignorance:

Driver: Ping I20 9.5*
Woods/Hybrids: Cobra AMP 3W and 3 HY

Irons: Cobra AMP 4-GW

Wedges: Callaway Forged Copper 56* and 60*

Putters: Scotty Cameron  35" (Several of the flow neck blade variety)

Ball: Bridgestone B330-RX and Srixon Z-Star

Bag: Nike Performance Carry

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the $400 dollar a bottle profit you're turning off of that grey goose is probably a little better than 50 or 100 they are turning off that golf club. Also why didn't you just buy the one that had that shaft in the first place?

Impulse buy.. it had the factory tfc stiff shaft in it, and I got a good deal on BB. So I took it in for a basic procedure, came out disfigured and I was thinking malpractice..

And a bottle of grey goose totals $420..
20% of that is gratuity which is 80, tax is 36, and the bottle runs us 27..

So the bottles costs me 143, we make $280 per..

I have learned, you take care of a customer and they will be a customer for life..

I have friends wanting to get into golf.. Who have no clubs, and money.. You think Im gonna send them there?

Not a chance...

Golf Equipment is very competitive in SO CAL... I will steer them some where else..

I just picked up the game after a 8 year layoff this past Feb..

i have purchased a 200 pull cart, Adidas 360 ltd's, 2 adidas wind breakers, box pro v's, all my tees, 4 golves, 3 wedges, set of irons,a ping redwood putter, trion bracelet, v2 hybrid..

See what I mean.. I have spent a ton of money there.. That is probably the busiest equip store in the area, and they know me by name.. That says enough.. Im in there once a week getting something, new golf shirt, slacks, ect.. Now I am probably gonna take my business elsewhere..

No matter what the case, you never look visibly smug or upset in front of the person you're dealing with, especially when you're in the wrong.

I get it now. You are a me first, I am always right, bow down to me elitist...

Luckily thats a bridge we didn't have to cross.

110% right?? I don't think so. 110% pompous d!ck is more like it.

:tmade: 09 Burner
:cobra: Speed LD F 3 wood
:cobra: Baffler 20 degree hybrid
:cobra: Baffler TWS 23 hy
:ping: G15 5-UW
:snake_eyes: 56 deg SW 
:snake_eyes: 60 - 12 wedge  
:scotty_cameron: Studio Select Newport 2

Donnie B I believe you were NOT wrong here. If you SPECIFICALLY told them to make sure they didn't gash your club head, and then they did, I would be f***ing pissed to be honest with all of you. And especially if I spent a ton of money at this store, you'd expect a little more respect with the clubs you just purchased from them.

People in this thread are way too harsh. It's their business to get it RIGHT for the customer, that's their job - especially a customer who is a worthy one and has spent over one thousand dollars in their shop...they should be a little more respectable to him/her in my opinion.

And I agree with some of the people here that some are a little more careful/care more about what happens to there clubs. I know some people who wouldn't care about a scratch, but me, I was really pissed to see that my Scotty Cameron had a scratch in the bottom off the putter-head, and I have NO IDEA where it came from, and still don't, but it bothers/bothered me.

So, Donnie B, I think you were in the right here, and although you sounded like you were a bit demanding in your requests, I don't think your intentions were wrong at all.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

well after reading the first few pages it seems like your whole argument is "they broke it they should fix it" and it seems to me like they were going to fix it, at no cost to you.. if you take your mercedes to the dealership for an oil change and they put a dent or scratch on the car, they aren't going to replace the damn thing with a brand new one.. They offered to fix it for free, but you just couldn't stand having a "lesser club" for 2 whole weeks..

u want to hear a story, i bought a used car from a reputable dealership, they gave me a car history print out that displayed a clean record, no wrecks at all.. couple months later i remove a strip of side molding, and notice that from the doors up to the front of the car had been repainted and there was a strip of different colored paint where they had just painted over the side molding.. I get the carfax and it says it has been wrecked twice.. I didn't go to the dealership demanding a new car.. they offered to inspect it for any damage or abnormalities left from the wreck repairs and if there was no damage they would repaint it at no cost to me, and that was fine..

In My 2007 ogio.gif Edge Bag:
taylormade.gif07 Burner 9.5* S Driver
taylormade.gif08 Burner 3 wood
taylormade.gifRAC OS Irons 4-PW
vokey.gif56* Wedge taylormade.gifrac 60* satin wedgeodyssey.gifWhite Hot Tour #1Started playing January 2009, best round thus far: 82

Donnie B I believe you were NOT wrong here. If you SPECIFICALLY told them to make sure they didn't gash your club head, and then they did, I would be f***ing pissed to be honest with all of you. And especially if I spent a ton of money at this store, you'd expect a little more respect with the clubs you just purchased from them.

We can all agree that both sides did something wrong. I'm sure we would all be somewhat upset if a new club got scratched, but at the same time you can't make some customers happy. And the real point is he got a great deal and still has to come here looking for sympathy.

stand bag:

Driver: DDH 10*
Woods: DDH 3W-15*, 5W-21*
Irons: DDH 3-SWWedge: VR LW 60*Putter: VSL

110% right?? I don't think so. 110% pompous d!ck is more like it.

thats kinda harsh Leo, I hope nothing like this happens to you, because anyone that would use such sarcasm and vulgarity in a situation that doesnt involve them at all, I find it hard to believe you could restrain yourself..

We can all agree that both sides did something wrong.

I agree...except for the fact he has spent so much money at this particular place, they should make him (the customer) happy.

And the car analogy is getting a little old - cars cost THOUSANDS and THOUSANDS of dollars, to compare this story with a car story is a little ridiculous IMO. Of course they won't replace a Mercedes if they are giving it an oil change it comes back with a scratch or dent, that's a stupid comparison.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW

We can all agree that both sides did something wrong. I'm sure we would all be somewhat upset if a new club got scratched, but at the same time you can't make some customers happy. And the real point is he got a great deal and still has to come here looking for sympathy.

who is asking for sympathy?

are you kidding? this is a golf forum, a place to vent, talk about things golf related.. no sympathy required.. To be honest I would rather have my club, a club in which I know the actual loft for, had the right grip ect.. relax on the sympathy talk, none is needed

I'm betting you haven't paid for half the clubs in your bag.
Driver: i15, 3 wood: G10, Hybrid: Nickent 4dx, Irons: Ping s57, Wedges: Mizuno MPT 52, 56, 60, Putter: XG #9 

I'm betting you haven't paid for half the clubs in your bag.

Your indeed right. I've paid for some of it, but not most.

What does this have to do with my opinion?

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW

I would have taken another manufacturer's used driver in stif flex. I would have looked at it as an opportunity to try out another club for two weeks.

This woulda been ideal. Try out another driver brand loaner stiff flex. Although the OP seems OCD enough to demand a ping only for 2 weeks.

stand bag:

Your indeed right. I've paid for some of it, but not most.

Because you wouldn't be in the store you would have your dad go in because your dad is the one that spent his hard earn money. Its a lot easier to say things when its not your hard earned money.
Driver: i15, 3 wood: G10, Hybrid: Nickent 4dx, Irons: Ping s57, Wedges: Mizuno MPT 52, 56, 60, Putter: XG #9 

Because you wouldn't be in the store you would have your dad go in because your dad is the one that spent his hard earn money. Its a lot easier to say things when its not your hard earned money.

So? Why does it matter who paid for it? I would STILL have been pissed if they put a huge gash in my driver even if I didn't pay for it. And, yeah, I'd be even more upset if I had paid for it.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW

It's my hard earned money..

money I work for, sorry to all of you who think this was far fetched to say that a loaner club for 2 weeks was unacceptable when the shop screwed up my club.. You guys handle it your way, I'm glad i handled it my way.. Why you could possibly be out playing, missing shots swinging a driver you're not comfortable with saying, damn I wish they wouldn't have screwed up my driver" I will be swinging my driver... 2 weeks..pphhhh smh at that..

So? Why does it matter who paid for it? I would STILL have been pissed if they put a huge gash in my driver even if I didn't pay for it. And, yeah, I'd be even more upset if I had paid for it.

So you would expect a new club if they damaged your used one and offered to fix it for free but you had to take a demo for 2 weeks? I'm betting you would just take the demo instead of haggling anyone

who is asking for sympathy?

Then you're obviously OCD for attention. As you said you were happy to have people around you hearing you whine as you told them your story and now you come here to do the same. From the looks of things though most people don't sympathize with you as they realize you got a great deal.

stand bag:

Note: This thread is 5545 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!