IGNORED

Hitting OFF a green?

superotto80
Note: This thread is 5381 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So I ran into a bit of problem the last time I went out. There are two holes that run right along side each other. The greens are maybe 40 yards apart. I hit my approach shot and sliced it a bit (alot) and it landed on the other green. I was not about to pitch off a green so i picked up my ball and placed to closest point off the green. What would be the proper thing to do here?

In my N xtreme sport bag

Driver- Hibore XLS
3 Wood- Speed LDF
3 & 4- Insight A2OS Hybrid

5-9- 755's

L,S,Gtom Watson G, S, L

Putter- Karsten Anser

Ball- Whatever

You can look these up online at the USGA's site. You did the right thing if you didn't place your ball closer to the correct hole's location:

If a player's ball lies on a wrong putting green, he must not play the ball as it lies. He must take relief, without penalty, as follows:

The player must lift the ball and drop it within one club-length of and not nearer the hole than the nearest point of relief. The nearest point of relief must not be in a hazard or on a putting green. When dropping the ball within one club-length of the nearest point of relief, the ball must first strike a part of the course at a spot that avoids interference by the wrong putting green and is not in a hazard and not on a putting green. The ball may be cleaned when lifted under this Rule.

In my Acuity bag:

Driver: HiBore XL
Woods: Acuity 3 Wood and 3I-hybrid
Irons: Acuity oversized cavity backs 4 - PWWedges: Tourney Silver Scot 192Putter: Acuity half-malletBall: XL 5000 Super Straight

cool. Thanks for clearing that up.

In my N xtreme sport bag

Driver- Hibore XLS
3 Wood- Speed LDF
3 & 4- Insight A2OS Hybrid

5-9- 755's

L,S,Gtom Watson G, S, L

Putter- Karsten Anser

Ball- Whatever

Note: This thread is 5381 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!