IGNORED

Zero trajectory with driver and woods

Note: This thread is 5419 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I can't seem to get any trajectory from my driver and woods. I find that I'm topping the ball most of the time. I don't tee it high at all, I've been tinkering with the height of my tee on the field and I get the same result. I lose a lot of yardage from the tee because the ball doesn't stay up in the air long enough and I have to depend on my irons to take me the rest of the way.

After contact the ball goes up in the air barely, then dives and cuts to the left.
I've tried alternating the ball position and the aforementioned tee heights.

Has anyone else encountered this?

BTW, I do not have this problem with my irons.

Slowly building my set.

In my Vaporlite Bag:

Driver: SQ DYMO STR-8 FIT 10.5°Woods: R9 Fairway #3 15°Hybrid: Rescue Hybrid #3 19°Irons: R7 3-PWWedges: 588 DSG Gunmetal 56° Spin Milled 260.08Putter: Black Series Tour #2

That happens to me when I start the downwing too fast. It throws my whole swing out of sync. It's kind of a smaller version of a duck hook.

The solution for me is to start the downswing by turning the hips to the left and have no active acceleration of the arms until they are just above hip height. This puts me in a good position and allows me to release all the stored power of my upper body into the ball.

You will want to check for a closed clubface at impact as well. I used to hit alot of duck hooks when I was swaying towards the target too.

- Joel

TM M3 10.5 | TM M3 17 | Adams A12 3-4 hybrid | Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5-PW

Vokey 50/54/60 | Odyssey Stroke Lab 7s | Bridgestone Tour B XS

Home Courses - Willow Run & Bakker Crossing

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

This used to happen to me when I had problems with clearing my left hip through impact... My right hip would "lead" and i would stand up through impact and hit a low pull just like you. Maybe that could be your problem?

Maybe you tee it too low? General rule of thumb is to tee it high enough so that when your driver head is on the ground the center of the ball is at the top of the clubface.

905R 9.5* Fujikura Speeder
200 steel 3 wood
200 steel 5 wood
690.CB 3-PW
56* 14 Pro Platinum Newport 2 Pro V1 B330-S

Note: This thread is 5419 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!