IGNORED

Titleist Performance Institute

jamesduncan
Note: This thread is 6459 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Not sure if this is in the right forum please move to proper if so :)

Has anyone ever joined this at all? If so, did u feel that it was worth the $$ for either the one time fee or by the monthly rate?

Thanks

bridgestone j33r 460 V2 75 Stiff
HiBore Fairway 15 V2 75 Stiff
hybrid HiBore19 S300
bridgestone j33b 3-PW S300
Vokey 52 GP Vokey 58 LWyes sophia Putter 33Titleist v1x - bridgestone B330Home Course: Bethpage

• Administrator
Not sure if this is in the right forum please move to proper if so :)

You may want to

read this .

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

to be quite honest with you I think the TPI is a complete waste of time/money... now I am a little biased about this because I am a 21 year old college student and I am in the gym 4-5 days a week for the past 4 years... this is Titleist making money of slightly older people who don't know how to work out on their own, to be quite honest your money would be spent much better to go to a good healthclub and have a few sessions with a physical trainer...

the drills on TPI, in my opinion, do not make you a stronger player, resistance bands really don't do much for you unless you complete 1000 reps... muscle memory yes, but for that kind of money... like I said, go to a gym... much better, where I live (Boston, MA) there is a "golfers gym"... its more expensive but at least you have someone physically showing how to properly do the exercises

Daniel Duarte
905R UST Proforce V2 76g 44" S
904F 15, Graphite Design YS6+
MD Hybrid, 19 Degree, UST V2 Hybrid S
Pro M Gunmetal 5-PW, Nippon 1150GH Pro SVokey Oil Can 52 - RAWVokey Spin Milled Oil Can 56, 60 - RAWTEI3 Newport II - Torch Copper- Prov1x

• Administrator
to be quite honest with you I think the TPI is a complete waste of time/money... now I am a little biased about this because I am a 21 year old college student and I am in the gym 4-5 days a week for the past 4 years... this is Titleist making money of slightly older people who don't know how to work out on their own, to be quite honest your money would be spent much better to go to a good healthclub and have a few sessions with a physical trainer...

DDB, you're 21. I'm going to venture a guess that you lack a degree in physical training (as do I, I admit), and that at your age, your body has just finished developing.

Resistance bands are a small part of the MyTPI "routine," and having done it this past winter (I can't find the time in the summer), I can attest to the fact that there's a LOT more to it than resistance bands. A good healthclub: $75/month. Training session: $75/session. My TPI: $149/year. As a "poor" college student, you should be able to do the math there and realize yet another thing: most people don't have access to a free gym (or even the time to get to a gym) 4-5x a week because their college has one.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I'll also say it not just access to the gym but knowing and learning to use the equipment properly. Heck anyone can go to a gym 3-5 x's a week and figure a machine out but that's how so many injuries happen, from people not using the machine or weights correctly.

When I was racing bicycles competatively I had a coach. Yeah I can go ride my bike 1-3 hours a day but like anyone you have to train smart and not just hard.

what I meant by my earlier post is that Titleist takes exercises and calls them golf exercises when what is really important is the development of the correct muscles, which can safely be done on any nautilus machine... if you don't how to use a nautilus machine then I wonder how you learned to play golf...

my point is that "golf" exercises aren't really golf exercises, they are muscle targeted exercises that all atheletes complete to train themselves

Daniel Duarte
Pro M Gunmetal 5-PW, Nippon 1150GH Pro SVokey Oil Can 52 - RAWVokey Spin Milled Oil Can 56, 60 - RAWTEI3 Newport II - Torch Copper- Prov1x

• Administrator
what I meant by my earlier post is that Titleist takes exercises and calls them golf exercises when what is really important is the development of the correct muscles, which can safely be done on any nautilus machine... if you don't how to use a nautilus machine then I wonder how you learned to play golf...

I don't think that's what you said nor what you "meant."

I'll take the word of the TPI staff, who have degrees, years of studying, science, training, etc., and a whole lot of credibility over that of a college kid just about any day of the week. P.S. I don't have a nautilus machine in my home, and I'd venture so far as to guess that most other people don't either.

Thanks for the replies and info guys.

well for what its worth i have no idea how to use a nautilis machine and play golf just fine thank you ;)

well id have to agree with erik here, hence my looking into this program.

its not so much the exercises themselves, its the structure and the idea of having a well set out program to follow and being able to track results and set goals etc (ill read the good review you did for the site for sure, thanks for linking)

living in NYC, a quality golf oriented trainer will run me a lot per hour ($$$) and i just dont have the time or the knowledge to set up a program for myself.

I read and adopt various things here and there but the TPI seems to bring a lot of value with their package.

Id also agree that a program put out by a company like Titleist would most like have a lot of knowledge and thought put into it.

I have a Ricks Smith Golf Academy DVD and to be honest all of the exercises presented by Body Balance have very little to do with moves that seem to be associated with regular gym equipment. It seems that the TPI focuses on things along the same lines.

The problem with just joining a gym is that i really only want to work on targeted strength and flexiblity training, i get enough general physical fitness during a regular work week etc.

bridgestone j33r 460 V2 75 Stiff
HiBore Fairway 15 V2 75 Stiff
hybrid HiBore19 S300
bridgestone j33b 3-PW S300
Vokey 52 GP Vokey 58 LWyes sophia Putter 33Titleist v1x - bridgestone B330Home Course: Bethpage

considering I'm a student at a "baby" ivy leaugue school then I would take my opinion over someone who majored in Physical Training at some state university.... I don't think you can take those classes at Harvard?

Daniel Duarte

considering I'm a student at a "baby" ivy leaugue school then I would take my opinion over someone who majored in Physical Training at some state university.... I don't think you can take those classes at Harvard?

You are showing your ignorance there... Bill Gates didn't go to any school, but I am pretty sure he is smart...although it may not be at physical therapy. And I am pretty sure our President went to Yale, and he isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer.

actually there is your ignorance... Bill Gates attended Harvard University for two years, he may not have graduated but, as many know, one of the hardest parts of Harvard is the admissions process... there wasn't a person on this earth who questioned his intelligence, maybe his business venture but not his pure intelligence...

Daniel Duarte

its not the movement... its the targeted muscles needed... muscle memory doesnt come from the amount of repititions most people use...

I don't think TPI is "worth it" even though it's only 150 bucks... which is actually really cheap...

Daniel Duarte

sorry for the multiple posts...

here's what my problem is with the TPI, from what I have seen on their site (the equipment used, the exercises they do are targeted towards flexibility... I like to compare the TPI example to something like Bowflex, they show people using the exercises/machines and it is clear that the shape they are in definately did not come from using that machine/method... so if you need to learn how properly rotate and/or aren't a naturally flexible person then the TPI is perfect for you, but I hardly believe that medicine balls and resistance bands and push ups and other very simple exercises will make you a stronger player in terms of distance or power... etc etc

Daniel Duarte

• Administrator
sorry for the multiple posts...

Drop it. You've failed to take the subtle (and the not-so-subtle) hints that very few people are likely to care what a college student thinks, particularly when it comes to the "value" of something after you've repeatedly posted about how poor you are and while you have access to a free gym.

Comparing your schooling to people with enough education to get "Dr." before their name is one of the most asinine things I've seen this month.

jesus iacas, being a little harsh are we today? hes makeing a statement...

I'm a college student as well, and that doesnt mean that what i say doesn't count...

Bottom line is, dont be so rough on the guy...or any guy...its a forum, meaning we all get to talk and not worry about being overly-criticized for what we post

In My Bag:
Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Ti 454 9*
3 wood: Taylor Made 300 series
5 wood: Orlimar trimetal
Irons: Taylor Made 360 seriesWedges: Cleveland 56*, Tommy Armor 60*Putter: Carbite center shaft

• Administrator
jesus iacas, being a little harsh are we today? hes makeing a statement...

No, not really... Again, hints were given (and ignored).

I'm a college student as well, and that doesnt mean that what i say doesn't count...

I've never said that about you. But you've also never claimed superiority re: physical training over someone whose name begins with "Dr."

haha thats because i know better...give it a few years and maybe...but for now im content with the situation of things

anyways i agree with the whole hints thing but i just think you were a little hard on the guy...

In My Bag:
Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Ti 454 9*
3 wood: Taylor Made 300 series
5 wood: Orlimar trimetal
Irons: Taylor Made 360 seriesWedges: Cleveland 56*, Tommy Armor 60*Putter: Carbite center shaft

Comparing your schooling to people with enough education to get "Dr." before their name is one of the most asinine things I've seen this month.

I've got one little question for you erik....what does asinine mean? and i have noticed you have a very uhhh, big, for lack of a better word, vocabulary. I bet you did good on the SATs, unlike me.

In My Bag:
9.5 degree Mizuno MX-500
15 degree Titliest 904F
Mizuno MP-32 3-PW
Cleveland CG10 Black Pearl 52 degree
Vokey Spin-Milled 56.14
Ping i5 Anser

Note: This thread is 6459 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!