IGNORED

Worried, New to Golf

Titleistgolf16
Note: This thread is 5372 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I don't know why you should be nervous. It's not like you're playing in a tournament or anything. Just relax and swing. I never felt nervous when I started playing first, but maybe because I usually played alone or with a friend, not with strangers. Our course isn't busy at all and you can play alone if you want.

The only time I felt nervous was in my first tournament. I was playing with two guys, one which I slightly knew and another older guy I never knew before. It all comes to the first tee shot. I hit a good 5 wood down the fairway, and it helped remove the stress a lot. It all became easy afterward and I continued to play the whole match, albeit my score was horrible, but nobody was really annoyed or anything.
My achievements:
Eagles: 0
Birdies: 18
Best Round: 89

I actually look forward to playing alone..My pace, no one else yappin'..Its a great time to get away and enjoy yourself, as well as learning alot about yourself.

One thing I do when I'm alone is always, and I mean always let other people play through

Well I;m going tomorrow. I'm going to call my friend today to see if he wants to go but if he doesn't I'm still going.

Pro Titanium 905R w/ UST Proforce V2 7 stiff.
975F Fairway Woods 3/5
Divine Nine wood
DCI 990 Irons 3-PW
Not sure what name of SW mallet putter Pro V1x Ball Bag

I'm a 16 year old golfer too! I used to always play with either my father or my instructor, until my father found out the junior walking rate is $10 at our local course. So after that, he made me walk by myself just about everyday. =[

Hey, don't be worried. I usually try and play 2-3 rounds of golf each week, but I usually play half my rounds by myself. I've actually found that I shoot my best scores when I go solo.

Grom Stand Bag
2009 Burner Driver 10.5*
2009 Burner Fairway Wood 15*
A7 3H, 4H 5-PW
Affinity 56* SW CG15 60* White Hot XG 330 Mallet Putter Z Star Yellow Balls

You'll be fine. Depending on my mood I prefer playing by myself. Sometimes you'll even run into someone or a pair and play with them. I've never played with strangers that were annoying, and most all of them were around the same skill level. Good way to meet fellow golfers I think.

Golf by yourself is one of the greatest things ever. You can analyze and work on your game without distractions from other people. If you are playing late or early when the course is empty, drop another ball and play matches against yourself to develop match experience (having to hit good shots to keep up with your "opponent").

Well I;m going tomorrow. I'm going to call my friend today to see if he wants to go but if he doesn't I'm still going.

Did you end up playing? If so, how did your round go?

My buddies are drinkers that just happen to be on a golf course and only ride. I have found that I really enjoy walking the course and playing by myself or getting paired up with people I do not know. I have better concentration, course management, and just flat out play better. While on vacation last month I got paired with two guys that were 87 and 86 years young. These guys play together everyday and were hands down the best guys I have ever played with. I'm actually looking forward to going back next week and playing with them again.

Did you end up playing? If so, how did your round go?

No, it was too hot out. I think it was 85 degrees when I went to go and decided I would rather swim that day and go another day. I can't go tomorrow (school shopping). But if its not raining I'm going Thursday.

975F Fairway Woods 3/5
Divine Nine wood
DCI 990 Irons 3-PW

I'm your age and I never play with my parents. I play either by myself, or with friends/teammates. And you got one hulluva set for a 1 month golfer! Are you sure you want to play a Pro V1x though?

I'm your age and I never play with my parents. I play either by myself, or with friends/teammates. And you got one hulluva set for a 1 month golfer! Are you sure you want to play a Pro V1x though?

I got 3 dozen free from my uncle. The driver was uncle's, the woods dad's, the irons my uncle's, putter-dad's so it was all free haven't payed a cent to golf other the GF and carts when I play with my dad. I'm going tomorrow with a friend.

975F Fairway Woods 3/5
Divine Nine wood
DCI 990 Irons 3-PW

No, it was too hot out. I think it was 85 degrees when I went to go and decided I would rather swim that day and go another day. I can't go tomorrow (school shopping). But if its not raining I'm going Thursday.

85 to hot? haha ive been playing in 95+ all summer with a lot of humidity

in my bag
hibore xls 9.5* S flex
sumo2 sasquatch 3 wood 15*
a2os 3 hybrid
sc2 4-pw mpt raw haze 52* 588 56* wedge xtour PM grind 60* cleveland classic #2

Eh...I've played in over 100 heat. Misery, misery, misery...Heat index was 112.

"Mulligan: invented by an Irishman who wanted to hit one more twenty yard grounder." -Jim Bishop

It ended up being 95 by noon. And I'm from Pa 85 is hot to me. But I would golf in 35 degree weather and it would bother me.

975F Fairway Woods 3/5
Divine Nine wood
DCI 990 Irons 3-PW

Note: This thread is 5372 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!