IGNORED

2009 PGA Championship at Hazeltine

senorchipotle
Note: This thread is 5321 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Who will win?

after today, there's no doubt in my mind that tiger will end his year long drought of no major championships with a dominating performance. i think this could be another double digit stroke win.

thoughts...

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No double digit stroke win--those days are over. Everyone else has worked harder to close the gap, but, yes, he'll probably win.

Would like to see Padraig get some revenge, but he'll likely take a while to get over the psychological damage done today.

1st Tiger Woods
2nd Hunter Mahan
3rd Lucas Glover
4th Stewart Cink
5th Ratief Goosen
6th Sean O'Hair

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

No double digit stroke win--those days are over. Everyone else has worked harder to close the gap, but, yes, he'll probably win.

yeah... i thought paddy played admirably today. it was a shame they rushed him like they did. in golf, tempo is everything. and rushing a shot throws off your tempo, which in turn screws everything else up. they were obviously the last on the course, and as such, should have been given leeway.

tiger has the talent to beat anybody out there by double digit strokes if he is consistently putting the ball in the fairway and putting like he did on saturday at firestone. he hasn't been able to string together four consistent rounds all year, and he's still won the most tournaments. when tiger plays well, he will win by a few strokes. but when tiger is in his ''happy place'' for four straight rounds, there's no chance for anybody. he's michael jordan with a stick.

This is my favorite major. It has the strongest field of any golf event in the year and the course is challenging but not usually as insane as the US Open. It isn't as prestigious as some others but whatever. It's the last one of the year and will potentially have a huge effect on who gets into and not into the "playoffs". Everyone has had all year to get their game together and this is where the big boys see who has it.

Those par 5's are going to be really interesting but they are sort of a shame since the smaller hitters have pretty much been eliminated from this tournament before it started. There has got to be a better way to make these courses challenging without just lengthening everything. But then, perhaps the modern championship level golfer is expected to have all the tools?

Anyways, I expect Tiger Woods to win this thing. John Rollins who just won in Reno has a chance too since he's so good off the tee and eats par 5's alive and just had a great tournament there, destroying the field. I really like Kenny Perry on this course for some reason as well. But Tiger has to be the odds on favorite by a mile.

I agree with Tiger winning by double digits.

HiBore XLS 9.5*
Launcher 15*
Rescue 21*
X-20 Tour 4-PW
CG10 50*, CG12 56*, 60*Pixl L1.8 (8 years and running)

Hunter Mahan wins, but I am really hoping Sergio is at least at the top of the leaderboard on Sunday to give himself a chance.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

Harrington and Woods in the same group.

In my bag

Superstrong 12*
- Firepower Hyper Ti 15*
- Launcher 18* Hybrid - 21* Hybrid - S2 Max 5i - SW - MP T-Series 47* - 60* LW - White Hot XG #1

Harrington and Woods in the same group.

oh uh!!! what if they play slow again? LMAO

Go Phil

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha 10.5* 

3WD:  Callaway Big Bertha 15* / X2 Hot H4 Hybrid
Irons:  Callaway Apex 4-PW Project X 5.5 shafts

Wedges: Callaway MackDaddy 2  52/58
Putter: Odyessey Metal X Milled 1

Phill is bringing the Family to the tournament so he will be motivated and will pull off the upset.

In my new FT carry bag
FT-9 Tour nuetral 9.5
FT-15 degree 3 wood
Fussion Hybrids #2&4
Fussion irons with Grapholoy Pro launch Red shafts56&60 Cally X forged wedges with Red shaftsSG9 putterCally I ballBushnell Meadealist range finder

Does anyone have issue with the 248 yard par 3 13th hole? I don't mind the super long par 5's. A course I play has a 625 yard par 3 from the tips and yeah it's hard but pros can manage this. It becomes a short par 3 essentially since everyone will likely be playing from 80-130 yards on the third shot.

But a 248 yard par 3? That totally defeats the purpose of the hole imo. Poor Pavin averages 260 with driver. That means a back pin would require a very good drive for a player like him. Thge tour average is around 280.

So, it's OK that a hole plays 30 yards shorter than the longest club goes as a par 3?

I'm really OK with the long par 5's and think they'll be fun to watch. But this is a little crazy? It should be interesting!

Phill is bringing the Family to the tournament so he will be motivated and will pull off the upset.

until the 17th hole with a three shot lead, phil pulls out the driver and duck hooks it into the woods. on a heroic shot out of the trees, he puts one into the creek on the left side of the green and blows a two stroke lead with a double bogey.

Does anyone have issue with the 248 yard par 3 13th hole? I don't mind the super long par 5's. A course I play has a 625 yard par 3 from the tips and yeah it's hard but pros can manage this. It becomes a short par 3 essentially since everyone will likely be playing from 80-130 yards on the third shot.

there's a hole at a muni where i play close to dallas that's got a 250 yard par 3. i've never birdied that hole.

Does anyone have issue with the 248 yard par 3 13th hole? I don't mind the super long par 5's. A course I play has a

WOW! that is a hard hole

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW
Nike Victory Red 56 and 60 WedgesScotty Cameron Newport 1.5 Putter

Since they stream all the majors online i never get any work done cause i'm watching it all day thurs and friday at work haha

In my Ogio Budlight Bag
Taylormade R11 Driver | Big Bertha Diablo 3W | Tight Lies 5W & 7W |
Big Bertha Diablo 24 degree hybrid | Slingshot 4D 5-PW, AW Irons | SV Tour 56* wedge |
Detour Newport 2 | Noodle Ball | Golf Logix GPS

WOW! that is a hard hole

I'm totally tapped out when they get over 400 yards.

enduro is right as matter of general principle, but still I'll bet Pavin averages better score on that Par 3 than a lot of the bigger hitters.

• Administrator
Does anyone have issue with the 248 yard par 3 13th hole?

Not here. Everyone has to play the same hole, and the green's open in front. Oakmont's 8th was about 300 for the U.S. Open, but it was downhill (slightly), downwind, and the fairway and green kicked everything forward. Was also set up for a righty draw, too. Some players hit iron onto the green.

Par's kind of irrelevant in majors except to keep score. Everyone has to play the same course.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 5321 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!