IGNORED

I cant decide

Note: This thread is 5326 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Im going to experiment with replacing my 3 wood with a low lofted hybrid. I love my 3 wood off the tee but i am looking for something more consistant off the deck.

Anyway... I am trying to decide between a 15* Nike Sumo with the stock Diamana or a 16* Exotics XCG with a GD X Quad.

Anyone have any opinions?

13 Wedges
1 Putter

You're going to lose some distance by going to a 15/16* hybrid over 3 wood. Just because it's the same loft doesn't mean it'll have same distance. You'll probably give up 10-20+ yards of distance (probably closer to the 20+). I would recommend looking at a 4W instead. It's much easier to hit off turf than most 3W and will be longer and higher than most 1H/2H. I played a 15* hybrid for a while, but because they are a lower trajectory and shorter shaft it lost quite a bit of distance. I finally broke down and bought a 17* 4W and have loved everything about it. It's as easy to hit as a 5W off turf, but is longer than that. I don't think I've lost much distance over the 3 wood at all (maybe a little off tee, but even that is minimal).
Driver: SQ DYMO STR8-Fit
4 Wood: SQ DYMO
2H (17*), 4H (23*) & 5H (26*): Fli-Hi CLK
Irons (5-6): MX-900; (7-PW): MP-60
Wedges (51/6*): MP-T Chrome; (56/13): MP-R ChromePutter: White Hot XG 2-Ball CSPreferred Ball: e5+/e7+/B330-RXGPS Unit: NEOPush Cart: 2.0

Note: This thread is 5326 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!