IGNORED

1st High School Golf Match! Did Great :)

right handed phil mickelson
Note: This thread is 5344 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

That is awesome! Man, if you were a 5 handicap and on my team you'd probably be pushing the #1 spot (Our 1 is around a 3, but then the 2, 3, and 4 are around 10-15. I'm the 3). We just had our first match yesterday, but we got beat 8.5 - .5. The team we played was in a higher division and haven't lost in about 3 or 4 years. Good luck with the rest of your season!

Thanks. I'll post our golf matches on this thread the day we have them.

Excellent, man. Golf is all about scoring and that's how you do it... with the flat stick. Good job.

Launcher 2009 10.5º, S
Rescue Dual 16º
Rescue Dual 19º
Maltby MTF 4-pw, Rifle 5.5
Maltby M-Series 52.6, 58.8 2008 AnserOut of the bag: Big Bertha Fusion 15º, YS6+ R (for sale or trade)

Wow. You are shooting amazing for a 5 handicap.

I knooowww :) I hope it continues. No less than a week ago I was shooting mid-high 70's. Now I'm at or under par (at my home course anyways). This means that I jumped from a 5 handicap to a scratch in less than a week? Doubt it. BUT THAT WOULD BE AWESOOMEEE. Lol. It's possible though. I mean I JUST found a swing where I can swing consistently. Before I would change between 3-4 different swings, depending on the clubs, and how I'm hitting that day. Now I found a swing where I kind of sway back a little bit (just a tad), and swing to where it feels like 3/4, and then move the weight through the ball. I'm getting so much better results (obviously), and not losing any distance. I hope that that was what the problem was Well, I'm playing a different course tomorrow. I'll post my score up (no matter how bad). It shouldn't be too bad ;) Thanks for the positive feedback.

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Diablo 9º
2 Hybrid: Callaway Big Bertha Heavenwood
Irons: Nike Slingshot OSS 6-3 iron
          Taylormade Tour Preferred PW-7 iron
Wedges: Cleveland CG14 50º, 54º
              Taylormade RAC 58º
Putter: Ping Darby 32" shaft

Don't worry about anything and practice your putting.... Oh great, now I sound like my old teacher.

theincrediblegolfbum.blogspot.com Aol messenger: "Drifterland88"

Driver Tour Burner 9.5 s (Best Driver Ever!)
3-Wood Burner 07 14.5 s
3-Hybrid Halo 22degree Irons X-Forged Project 6.o Rifle s-flexGW SV 52.08 SW Tour Action 900 56.12 LW Oil Can 60.06

Thanks. I'll post our golf matches on this thread the day we have them.

You really are the right handed phil mickelson! haha congrats!!

A quote from Kris
...is that college bball really isn't "lower tier". The better teams have their rosters filled with guys who could play in the NBA. hell, guys used to come straight from high school to the NBA. I really don't think there's much of a difference skill-wise between the two.

Nice man. Lowest score I ever had in a H.S. match was a 37, which I've had a few times...But, -1 is nasty.

I wish our H.S. season started in Fall. I have to wait til Spring and coming off winter!!!

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

There's a college player I played with (his swing vid is on my blog) that shot 29 once.... WOW!

3-Wood Burner 07 14.5 s
3-Hybrid Halo 22degree Irons X-Forged Project 6.o Rifle s-flexGW SV 52.08 SW Tour Action 900 56.12 LW Oil Can 60.06

Today was our first golf match of the year for our high school team. I thought I was gonna be nervous. Well, I admit I was nervous on the first hole, but by the second hole I had loosened up, while my game face was still on nice and tight.

Very nice!!! Nice playing. All I can say is enjoy it and don't take it for granted.

I really miss those days.
Driver: Nakashima HTEC 440cc 10.5* w/ Mitsubishi Fubuki X73
3 Wood: 909F3 15* w/Fujikura Pro-95 X-Stiff
Hybrid: Nakashima 2 iron 19* w/ KBS Tour shaft 6.5
Irons 3-PW: 690.MB w/ KBS Tour Shafts 6.5
Wedges: Black Nickel Spin Milled 56.11* & 60.04* w/ KBS Tour Black Nickel Wedge ShaftsPutter: Pro...

Yea either it was just a great stretch of holes, or I just blew up today. I want to think that I just blew up today.

We had a match at an away course. I didn't start off too well with bogey, bogey, bogey. But I proceeded to par 5 holes after that (with at least 2 birdie attempts). Then came the 9th hole :(

I tripled 9, for a 42 (+6). Ouch.

On a brighter note, our team still won.

*sigh* well, I'll see what happens tomorrow (practice), and work it out. I was striking it well today, but I was just off by a little bit, which is what pisses me off. On the whole day, I probably wasn't more than 30 yards from even par. I hit it just off the green to the left on the first two holes (Compensated for the pull after that), and then got some greens with the pars, but the 9th hole sucked all. I hit a bomb drive, but just my luck today, I got stymied by a palm tree right in front of me. I could either hit over, and be short (I might not even make it over), or take a 2 hybrid and fade/slice it around the tree and run it up the fairway (I'm about 150 yards out). I take the 2h because I've been practicing it so much and I feel comfortable with it.

So I take a few practice swings, and it feels like the right shot. I take address, swing back, and through, and lost track of where the ball went. I'm looking around the tree to see it down the fairway, but no. It was 2'' from my divot. WTF HAPPENED?!

So I hit that, and I somehow flopped the 2h, it hit the palm branches, and dropped down. I try and take a 3/4 shot from the base of the tree with my 9 iron (about 120 out at this point), and chunk THAT. Now I'm laying 4, hitting 5 from about 95 yards. I hit the green, but right, and two putt for my triple.

I wasn't mad that I shot a 42, so much as I was mad that I tripled the last hole. AND I DON't EVEN KNOW HOW I FLUBBED ALL THOSE SHOTS.

Rant/blog over.

Taylormade RAC 58º

I was supposed to have my first match of the year (im a senior) today against Norton MA at TPC Boston but, of course today was practice rounds for the Duetche Bank. Someone didnt think that one through.

Anyway, my best story from HS Golf was our first match last year against our rivals. I was playing 6 spot on varsity at a course where i play frequently but it was an away match. I was even par and 1 up (match play) through 7. I hit the fairway on 8 and 9 (2 short par 4s under 300 yards) but missed both greens and lost both holes with bogies. I ended up losing my match and we tied the other team so if i had tied one of the holes we would have won... well i went on to have a crappy year but i am looking for redemption this year.

So, whats your life story?

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yea either it was just a great stretch of holes, or I just blew up today. I want to think that I just blew up today.

It happens man, sounds like you're playing some good golf though. Use that last hole as motivation, don't dwell on it, but you limit it to a bogey and you still shoot 39. I remember a match i had in HS that I just blew up. My drives were terrible, irons even worse, and i swear I 3 putted every green. Shot a 50 that day (had a 41 avg). Walked right off the green, signed score cards and went to the range. Ht a bucket, and worked with my coach on my putting. Strung together 5 rounds at 40 or under after that. I was a hot head early in my golf career, but was able to turn it around and use my mistakes and poor performances as motivation to find and fix what caused the poor play. Good luck, i'm anxious to see some of your scores, makes me really miss playing HS golf..

Titleist 913 D3
Taylormade RBZ 3 Wood

Taylormade RBZ 3 Hybrid

Taylormade RBZ 4 Hybrid

MIzuno MP52 5-PW

MIzuno 52* MP-T10 Wedge

Mizuno 56* R Series Wedge

Mizuno 60* R Series Wedge
Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 Notchback

Thanks. Yea I found out what happened with that shot. My ball was sitting up pretty nicely in the rough, but it had rained a bit before that, and was soft underneath. I took the swing and went right under the ball. It was pretty tough conditions. I applaud my playing partner from my team shooting a 37 that day. Me and him and pretty much on even playing fields. He shot 40-37 in both matches, with a total of 77. I shot 35-42 in both matches, which ties his 77. We'll see who comes out on top in the next match.

Next match is a home match (me and the other kid, gabe, both live in the same development), and we're ready to kick some Naples High @$$ :)

Taylormade RAC 58º

Thanks. Yea I found out what happened with that shot. My ball was sitting up pretty nicely in the rough, but it had rained a bit before that, and was soft underneath. I took the swing and went right under the ball. It was pretty tough conditions. I applaud my playing partner from my team shooting a 37 that day. Me and him and pretty much on even playing fields. He shot 40-37 in both matches, with a total of 77. I shot 35-42 in both matches, which ties his 77. We'll see who comes out on top in the next match.

where r u from in florida? i used to live in Brooksville, and I worked at World Wood for about 7 months. Then unfortunetly moved back home to michigan. I loved living down there, and I loved playing World Woods and using there practice facilities.

Titleist 913 D3
Taylormade RBZ 3 Wood

Taylormade RBZ 3 Hybrid

Taylormade RBZ 4 Hybrid

MIzuno MP52 5-PW

MIzuno 52* MP-T10 Wedge

where r u from in florida? i used to live in Brooksville, and I worked at World Wood for about 7 months. Then unfortunetly moved back home to michigan. I loved living down there, and I loved playing World Woods and using there practice facilities.

Born, raised, and live in Naples.

Taylormade RAC 58º

Man! Im movin down there to play at ww!

3-Wood Burner 07 14.5 s

Man! Im movin down there to play at ww!

You'll like it. I really enjoyed it while I was down there. I played so much golf, was a solid 2 handicap, played EVERYDAY.. Pine Barrens Course is really nice, I got to watch Phil Mickelson and David Toms play an exhibition match for Shells World of Golf while I was working there. They have a pretty cool little executive course, and the driving range is the biggest damn driving range I have ever saw in my lifetime. The Putting green is stupid big, 2 acres. Man I wish i could go back. Have fun down there. Where r u staying? I used to stay right off 50 and I-75

Titleist 913 D3
Taylormade RBZ 3 Wood

Taylormade RBZ 3 Hybrid

Taylormade RBZ 4 Hybrid

MIzuno MP52 5-PW

MIzuno 52* MP-T10 Wedge

You'll like it. I really enjoyed it while I was down there. I played so much golf, was a solid 2 handicap, played EVERYDAY.. Pine Barrens Course is really nice, I got to watch Phil Mickelson and David Toms play an exhibition match for Shells World of Golf while I was working there. They have a pretty cool little executive course, and the driving range is the biggest damn driving range I have ever saw in my lifetime. The Putting green is stupid big, 2 acres. Man I wish i could go back. Have fun down there. Where r u staying? I used to stay right off 50 and I-75

Don't know where yet... Hoping to find somwhere cheeeeaaaap! I want to get a job there but they say they are all full.

3-Wood Burner 07 14.5 s

For those of you following this post for our high school golf season, we won our last match with a leading score by my playing partner Gabe, who shot a -3, 33.

Tryouts were yesterday and today for the match against our school's rival, Barron Collier

We only got in 5 holes yesterday though, because of rain delays. So today we had to play the rest of the front nine, and then play the front nine again, to get two qualifying scores per person.

As it turns out, I have a knee condition called Osgood Schlatters disease (look it up lol). I was getting out of the car right after school today, and about 20 feet in front of the house, my right knee started to hurt like a ^&$*^%*$. I couldn't put any weight on it. I had to walk around in crutches for a while. So I went to go pick up my friend gabe to take him to our home course for team practice. I was on the range and decided to see if I could swing a golf club. First swing, not bad. Second swing, better. Third swing, wow. My knee didn't hurt anymore. HMMMM.

So I quick went back to my house, got my golf clothes on, and came back just in time, and went out on the course. Finished the first nine in +2, 38. Not bad. The whole second nine my knee was hurting like a sonnuva witch. But, I kept playing. By the time I got to hole 9, I was cursing every 5 seconds. But, I made it through today, and finished the second round with a +8, 44. Happily, I made the cut. I'm glad I played today. Anyway, I'll give you guys the scores of the next match. Barron is good, so we're gonna be on our toes the whole time :)

P.S: I should film the match. Or get quinten tarentino to do it. It would be epic

Taylormade RAC 58º

Note: This thread is 5344 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!