IGNORED

hx hotbites vs. nxt tours

Note: This thread is 5367 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Was never a big fan of the HX hotbites. I play the NXT Tour most of the time and I love the ball. They are not too expensive and play great.

In my Xtreme Sport bag
'09 Burner 9.5*
F50 15* 3 Wood
Burner 18* 5 Wood
MX-19 4-GW SV Tour 54.12 & 58.08 White Hot 2-Ball SRT

I've gamed them both within the last year. I found the NXT Tour balls a bit more to my liking. They seemed much more durable than the HX Hot Bites. My short irons and wedges were taking out chunks of the HX Hot Bites.

Recently, I've seen better deals on the HX Hot Bites, though.

For the money.....I prefer the Bridgestone E5+. For just a couple dollars more, I prefer the ProV1 practice balls...sweetest deal in golf, in my opinion.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

hot bites are more expensive because you have to replace them more frequently. the 'bite' refers as much to the iron shredding the cover as it does the ball holding the green.

Driver: Nike Ignite 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F1
2H: King Cobra
4H: Nickent 4DX
5H: Adams A3
6I 7I 8I 9I PW: Mizuno mp-57Wedges: Mizuno MP T-10 50, 54, 58 Ball: random

hot bites are more expensive because you have to replace them more frequently. the 'bite' refers as much to the iron shredding the cover as it does the ball holding the green.

Another reason I really am impressed with the Prov1 (2009 model). I never in a million years expected a ball that checks up like this one does to be as durable as it is. It is truly a perfect ball. Aside from the price, I've found nothing not to love about it.

909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

The HX Hotbites are not durable enough. By the end of 9 holes they are well scuffed versus NXT Tours which can last the entire round. I do hit the the Callaway further than the Tour.

« Keith »

The HX Hotbites are not durable enough. By the end of 9 holes they are well scuffed versus NXT Tours which can last the entire round. I do hit the the Callaway further than the Tour.

True-NXT Tour is more durable, but the HX Hot is longer and definitely spins more. And over 25% cheaper. NXT is a good ball, but $5 overpriced IMO.

Note: This thread is 5367 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!