IGNORED

I'm done with Golfsmith

golf_junkie27
Note: This thread is 5338 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have a good golfsmith story....
About 4 years ago I bought some used taylormade rac os for $200. They were in great shape and I really liked them.
Fast forward 2 years and Im back at golfsmith trading them in. I trade them for something like $70, way too low but I just did it because I wanted the new irons.
Another month later I go back just browsing through the used irons rack and I see my irons there. I could tell they were mine because of a few specific marks on the irons. I check the price out of curiosity and they were either 299 or 399!!!(cant remember actual price) I just giggled that they can get away with something like that.

In my Ping bag:
Driver: Titleist 909 D2 9.5*

3 Wood: Nickent Pro
Irons: Titleist AP2 Project x 5.5Wedges: Titleist Vokey 200 Series Vokey 52*, 56*, 60*Putter: Scotty Cameron Detour 1 (just ordered it)

I ordered a set of Mizuno MP-52's last year about a month before they were t be released. So i get a date "I will have them Bye" and i pay for the irons, and a new driver. so i drop 1600 and walk out the door with a reciept for my purchase. So i get a call when my driver comes in, everyhting fine. I ask them if they know when i will get my irons and they say they are still scheduled to be on time. i was like ok. So the date I am supposed to get them comes and goes. I decide to be nice, even though i was super anxious to get my irons. So i go to golfsmith and the Manager is kinda a prick to me and tells me that the mizuno rep had no right to tell me when I would get them. My reply was, " you were standing right next to him, in fact you rang me up and had no problem taking my money, but now when i want my clubs that I already paid in full for i get the run around." So he calls his home office and says he will get back to me.. So another couple days go by and I have to call him back, he tells me they won;t be there for another couple weeks. Thats when i lost it. I went off on him, got all his info and contacted Golfsmith directly. So what does golfsmith do, they send me an email with someone elses purchase info for a set of titleist. Worst part of it was the email had the guys name, address, phone number AND CREDIT CARD NUMBER!!! I emailed back and told them that they need to fire whoever sent that email and explained what my situation was. I eventually got my irons, weeks later than i was supposed to have them and since I have not bought anything from golfsmith.. Pisses me off because they are the biggest golf retailer by me and I hate them.. sorry such a long rant, i just get fired up everytime i hear the name golfsmith

That absolutely sucks!!!!!!!

Very poor experience. I'm so grateful to have the home course pro-shop and two golf specialty stores here. There's always Dicks and Academy Sports...but I've got to be really in need to buy from there.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

I had a similar situation happen this summer at Golfsmith. I wanted to try some Mizuno irons. My buddy and I were the first in the store on an early Sat morning. Rain out day. I went over to the hitting bay and hit several shots with the Mizunos. The sales guy stopped by and I asked if he could turn the launch monitor on in the bay I was in because I wanted to see the launch angle. He basically told me he wouldn't turn it on unless I was serious about buying the irons. I was pissed.

When I got home I e-mailed Golfsmith and relayed my experience. To the store manager's credit, I heard back the next day. He said he was truly sorry and I should have been aloud to use the monitor. That being said, he offered no incentive to come back in. I haven't been back since.

I'm fortunate to have two fantastic local stores here in SE MI. That have as much stuff as Golfsmith plus a real driving range to demo the clubs. One is the previously mentioned Carl's Golfland in Plymouth. The other Miles of Golf in Ypsi. Superb customer service.

Kevin

-------
In the Bag
Driver: G15 9.0*3 & 5 Wood: BurnerHybrid: Pro Gold 20*; 23*Irons: MP-58 (5-PW)Wedges: Vokey Spin Milled 52*8; 56*14Putter: Newport 2.0 33"Balls: NXT

It really is amazing how many of us have bad experiences. Im 16 and everytime im in golfsmith the workers look at me like i shouldnt be touching clubs and stuff and it just really gets on my nerves. I cant believe that they dont close with how bitter and plain out mean some of their workers are (sorry about the bad stereotype).

In my Ping bag:
Driver: Titleist 909 D2 9.5*

3 Wood: Nickent Pro
Irons: Titleist AP2 Project x 5.5Wedges: Titleist Vokey 200 Series Vokey 52*, 56*, 60*Putter: Scotty Cameron Detour 1 (just ordered it)

You live in MI and you should really consider making the drive to

I used to work 3 miles from carls and have made many purchases there. I have zero complaints about Carls. actually bought my hogan blades from there. I live about 85 miles from there now, so it's a bit of a hike, but their service, knowledge and attitude are second to none there.

Titleist 913 D3
Taylormade RBZ 3 Wood

Taylormade RBZ 3 Hybrid

Taylormade RBZ 4 Hybrid

MIzuno MP52 5-PW

MIzuno 52* MP-T10 Wedge

Mizuno 56* R Series Wedge

Mizuno 60* R Series Wedge
Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 Notchback

Did you call the guy whose credit card number Golfsmith gave you and let him know of the situation?

No, I emailed Golfsmith back with their email copied in it. Then I deleted mine in my inbox and the copy I sent. I didn't feel right having someone elses info like that. Not that I would ever do anything with it, just didn't feel right having that kind of info on my computer when it didn't belong to me. I thought about contacting the guy, but didn't know what kind of response I would get and didn't want him to for whatever reason think I got his info some other way.

Titleist 913 D3
Taylormade RBZ 3 Wood

Taylormade RBZ 3 Hybrid

Taylormade RBZ 4 Hybrid

MIzuno MP52 5-PW

MIzuno 52* MP-T10 Wedge

Mizuno 56* R Series Wedge

Mizuno 60* R Series Wedge
Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 Notchback

On other threads, I've read where they place tape over the face of the iron and allow people to hit them. That aside, if you're selling a product, would you not have at least one iron available to demo?

I agree, if they're selling irons they should have a demo iron available to try out (usually a six iron). But, all I'm saying is in this case, for whatever reason, they didn't have a demo. So, not much you can do about it. I wouldn't have let you hit a brand new set off the rack either even with tape. Most places do tape up drivers, but I've never seen or heard of them taping irons.

The Golfsmith near me let me demo a few wedges with tape on the faces. Seems reasonable to expect it for irons, but of course, it's up to the store. If they don't want your business, no sense forcing it upon them...

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

I have been frequenting one near my house for the last 5 years. They have a "used" section that is funny. They have a Cleveland wedge there that has a rust spot in the middle of the face and a grip that has just about disintigrated. It has been there for 5 years...listed at $75 bucks. I tell the guy I'll give him 25 bucks for it (thats all its worth), they say no...and there it sits. Its kind of a joke at this point.

I feel sorry for you guys who don't have a friendly GolfMart or equivalent type of golf store in your area. The competition is thinning out as Pro Golf and other stores close their doors, let's hope the places that provide good service and good advice survive. We need to patronize the better stores so that they stay in business.

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

Note: This thread is 5338 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!