IGNORED

How long should a golf bag last?

Note: This thread is 4708 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I bought a 2009 Titleist premium stand bag within the last year. I really like it but I have one problem. The back pad (the padding that rubs against you when you have your bag on your back) is starting to fuzz up and wear out. Now I can send it back to Titleist and they'll just give me another one but it'll do the same thing. But how long should a carry bag last? I walk some but not so much that I should have something wear out already. I got a pretty good deal on this bag but it still wasn't cheap. Just wondering if I should plan on getting a new bag every 12 to 18 months.

I got a new Nike sasquatch tour stand bag this year. It replaced my Nike super series stand bag which I'd had for 7 years. It was still in great condition and didn't need replacing, I just wanted a new one.
adams.gif Speedline fast 10 9.5˚
adams.gif Speedline fast 10 15˚
adams.gif A7 17˚
adams.gif Idea Pro 3-PW
mizuno.gif MP T-11 52˚, MP T-10 58˚  cameron.gif Red X  titleist.gif NXT

I change my carry bag every 3-4 years because 1-I canafford it so I treat myself 2-I walk alot and must be comfotable when carrying.My current bag is a grom with a blown out zipper which OGIO would not stand behind so Santa will be getting me a Cally FT stand bag as I see the 09 has allready come down to 169.00 so by christmas probably 149.00.

In my new FT carry bag
FT-9 Tour nuetral 9.5
FT-15 degree 3 wood
Fussion Hybrids #2&4
Fussion irons with Grapholoy Pro launch Red shafts56&60 Cally X forged wedges with Red shaftsSG9 putterCally I ballBushnell Meadealist range finder

It might just be an issue with the one batch of bags yours came from. I have had a Titleist premium stand bag for 5-6 years now and have not had any problems at all.

Overall, depending on how you use the bag, the frequency and the quality when new, you should be able to get several years out of a bag. My thinking is probably 5 years at least.

I will judge my rounds much more by the quality of my best shots than the acceptability of my worse ones.

I got a new Nike sasquatch tour stand bag this year. It replaced my Nike super series stand bag which I'd had for 7 years. It was still in great condition and didn't need replacing, I just wanted a new one.

Ouch i hope you kept the old one, my sasquatch bag lasted me 3 months.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

i had a wilson bag which came with my beginner set and the part that connects the shoulder straps to the bag broke. I'm getting a Titleist x97 because most juniors at my golf club have it and they're very happy with it. i would expect the new bag to last at least 3 years

Ouch i hope you kept the old one, my sasquatch bag lasted me 3 months.

I've had mine 3 months thus far, have used it at least 3 times a week, and it looks brand new. You're post and the OP seriously makes me wonder why some people have very different experiences with the same exact bags. I understand why you'll see the varying experiences with clubs, but I would think bags would be a different story. Definitely wierd...

Follow me on Twitter - TST_Justin
 -  -  - 

This Week's Bag Drop - Miura Passing Point 9003 Forged Irons and Adams Idea Pro a12 Irons and Hybrids  - Sweet new forged cavity backs from Miura (do they make any irons that arent simply beautiful?) and irons/hybrids from Adams created with...

A good bag should last you many years if taken care of. I'd think that a little strap wear would be normal.

Driver.... Nickent DX Evolver V2 65 stiff /07 Burner YS6+ stiff .
4 wood..... Nickent 4DX
Hybrids.....Tour Edge Geomax 22* 25* 28*
Irons.....TM R7 6-P + AW,SW,LW
Putter.....Odyssey White Hot XG 2 BallBag.......Callaway ORG 14 A.L.I.C.E. Ball........Bridgestone e6 / Srixon Soft Feel...

A good bag should last you many years if taken care of. I'd think that a little strap wear would be normal.

And that's what I'm thinking. But the old phrase, "they don't make things how they used to" comes to mind. I tend to take very good care of all my equipment but the bag is simply wearing out where it rubs against my back. It's not like I wear sandpaper shirts or anything.

Yeah I agree that they will wear out if you walk 3 times a week.The sweat and rain will help destroy the vinyl and or composite stuff.Used to be years ago only the legs gave out but now Zippers,straps and where the straps attach seem to wear out much faster.Sorry to hear about the Sumo bag It was in my top 3 along with the Ping lattitude and FT to replace my Grom.

In my new FT carry bag
FT-9 Tour nuetral 9.5
FT-15 degree 3 wood
Fussion Hybrids #2&4
Fussion irons with Grapholoy Pro launch Red shafts56&60 Cally X forged wedges with Red shaftsSG9 putterCally I ballBushnell Meadealist range finder

• 1 year later...

Originally Posted by Doctorfro

I bought a 2009 Titleist premium stand bag within the last year. I really like it but I have one problem. The back pad (the padding that rubs against you when you have your bag on your back) is starting to fuzz up and wear out. Now I can send it back to Titleist and they'll just give me another one but it'll do the same thing. But how long should a carry bag last? I walk some but not so much that I should have something wear out already. I got a pretty good deal on this bag but it still wasn't cheap. Just wondering if I should plan on getting a new bag every 12 to 18 months.

I have an ogio bag that lasted 3 months. I walk 9 holes a week from april until august. I had the same problem. The material on the outside of a baack pad frayed, then just shredded apart. The company replaced the bag last week. I took it out for 18 holes walking and after 9 noticed the same wear and tear.

I cant imaging I am carrying incorrectly, but could a company really make a bag with this much of a defect!

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 4708 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!