IGNORED

Golf Pride Grips

Note: This thread is 6483 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I read the article on grips a while back, but I was wondering if anyone could share first hand knowledge of the New Decade MultiCompound Cord grip by Golf Pride. This is the picture (courtesy of the Sand Trap article):

I am fan of the cord grip on my wedges, and am thinking of making a wholesale switch of irons and woods. Thanks for any feedback.

For some reason the picture does not show, even though it's uploaded.
(Ed: removed the attachment)

WITB: Driver: Titleist 910 D2 10.5 R / 5 Wood: r7 ti / Irons: Ping G15 Steel R (3-P, U), / Wedges: Vokey SM4 56/11 SM4 60/07 / Putter: Scotty GoLo 33" / Ball: Titleist Velocity / Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 4.0 / GPS: SG3

• Administrator
I read the article on grips a while back, but I was wondering if anyone could share first hand knowledge of the New Decade MultiCompound Cord grip by Golf Pride. This is the picture (courtesy of the Sand Trap article):

The image shows for me... but you didn't need to attach it if we already have it on the site. Just use the [img] tag.

Like this: Anyway, the GP ND MC is my favorite grip. I regrip every club in my set with these after I'm certain it's worth my while (i.e. it's a club I'll use after I'm done reviewing it).

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

GoingfortheGreen,

The Decade Multi Compound is too expensive and results in poor durability for consumers. When you buy cord grips you pay a premium for the cord fabric. So why not get the most cord for the dollar? The Lamkin Tour Black Full Cords are cheaper, about $5 a grip tax inlcuded, are 10 times more durable, and have far more cord than any other grip on the market. They've found a home on all my clubs, and they only get replaced once a year. Plus they have the clean appearance that most golfers like.

• Administrator
The Decade Multi Compound is too expensive and results in poor durability for consumers.

Sorry, but you don't get to decide what's "too expensive" for others, gas_can.

I've not experienced "poor durability" either, and even if the grips did have poor durability, the benefits still outweigh the cost ("poor durability" included). Most people, as you know, rarely regrip their clubs. Those that do often regrip frequently enough that grips that last a year are all they need. You can get these grips, installed, for $6.95 (and that's just the price at my country club).
When you buy cord grips you pay a premium for the cord fabric. So why not get the most cord for the dollar?

Perhaps because you don't want cord on your bottom hand. The NDMC a top-half cord for a reason.

The Lamkin Tour Black Full Cords are cheaper, about $5 a grip tax inlcuded, are 10 times more durable

Wow, 10x more durable. Let's just make stuff up now eh?

Plus they have the clean appearance that most golfers like.

Again, let's stick to personal opinions here, or at least presenting them as such. Don't make stuff up (10x), don't presume what's too expensive, don't presume to know the tastes of others, etc.

A good number of pros use the NDMC, so there's clearly some value to them (and yes, we all realize they don't pay for their own grips). I've not found them to be less durable, and the top-half-cord with the rubberized bottom has its benefits. Plus, I find the looks appealing (and now they're available in other colors, too.) I appreciate all the knowledge you've shared with folks here since you've joined, but be wary of crossing the "opinions as knowledge or fact" line.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Sorry, but you don't get to decide what's "too expensive" for others, gas_can.

iacas, Perhaps it's because of the impersonality and lack of tone of the internet that you sometimes miss the dry humor and scarcasm of my posts? Or perhaps it's because your self esteem is tied to your golf equipment that you can't stand hearing someone talk poorly about it. /emoticons/a3_biggrin.gif" title="Grin"/> Did reading Jonathan Swift's "A Modest Proposal" make you cry?

Thanks for the enthusiastic comments -- I have ordered three ND MC grips to replace the stock grips on my driver, 3-wood, and hybrid. I'll test those and then make a call on a replacement for the irons.

On a similar note, I have used the Winn G8/V17 grips in the past, and have been unhappy with the performance (tackiness).

WITB: Driver: Titleist 910 D2 10.5 R / 5 Wood: r7 ti / Irons: Ping G15 Steel R (3-P, U), / Wedges: Vokey SM4 56/11 SM4 60/07 / Putter: Scotty GoLo 33" / Ball: Titleist Velocity / Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 4.0 / GPS: SG3

• Administrator
Perhaps it's because of the impersonality and lack of tone of the internet that you sometimes miss the dry humor and scarcasm of my posts?

As someone who ends up on the short side of that stick all the time, no, it has nothing to do with that. You can say "too expensive" and make up "facts" (like "10x as durable") in nearly any tone of voice and they still come across wrong.

Or perhaps it's because your self esteem is tied to your golf equipment that you can't stand hearing someone talk poorly about it. <----- Sarcasm!

Disagree. But do so properly. What would have been so hard about saying it this way:

"Many of my customers find the NDMC to be too expensive for only a half cord grip - regripping a full set will run over $150 or so! I've also found that it's not nearly as durable as the Lamkin Whatever that I typically recommend, and I think the quality of cord is better in the Lamkin than the Golf Pride anyway. Plus, you may like the black/red color scheme, but I've always found it distracting and garish." That gets all the same thoughts out there but without mislabeling them as the truth, fact, or gospel. Now let's get back to topic.

I love my Winn oversize grips. More important than what they are made of is that they fit your hands. I have big hands and went to the Wynn oversize with an extra wrap.

I put one of these grips on my newest driver, and although I can only compare to a basic "velvet" grip, I did feel a big difference. Primarily, these grips allow me to hold the club looser in my hands and still swing at full speed.. no more death grip and cramping hand muscles. I plan to put these on a new set of wedges I am building and regrip the rest of my clubs with them when GS has their big sale in January.

Andrew

Whats in the bag:
Cleveland HiBore XL 9.5 fuji red stiff
SE Viper Ti-4 3wSE QSII 19 & 23 degreeSE 600XC irons w/Rifle 6.0 flighted shafts 4-PWSE 650PM 48, 52, 55 wedgesPing iSeries Anser4ball: X-out ProV1... built them myself.. so ehhh... stand clear of the swing plane.....

I've wanted to throw these on my clubs, the cheapest I could find these grips was 11 including tax and installation... I hate regripping myself, I wish I had one of those small regripping stations

Daniel Duarte
905R UST Proforce V2 76g 44" S
904F 15, Graphite Design YS6+
MD Hybrid, 19 Degree, UST V2 Hybrid S
Pro M Gunmetal 5-PW, Nippon 1150GH Pro SVokey Oil Can 52 - RAWVokey Spin Milled Oil Can 56, 60 - RAWTEI3 Newport II - Torch Copper- Prov1x

I've wanted to throw these on my clubs, the cheapest I could find these grips was 11 including tax and installation... I hate regripping myself, I wish I had one of those small regripping stations

They run about 6.xx on Golfsmith, and you can get about 50% off during the friends and family sale

, which goes on july and jan. I think I remember seeing that coupon code posted here.

Andrew

Whats in the bag:
Cleveland HiBore XL 9.5 fuji red stiff
SE Viper Ti-4 3wSE QSII 19 & 23 degreeSE 600XC irons w/Rifle 6.0 flighted shafts 4-PWSE 650PM 48, 52, 55 wedgesPing iSeries Anser4ball: X-out ProV1... built them myself.. so ehhh... stand clear of the swing plane.....

Have only tried that grip once.

Personally I'm a BIG fan of Lamkin Crossline Full Cord grips. I had them onmy old Hogans, and will regrip my Tour Stages with them once the current grips give up the ghost.

I'm not sure I'd be a bit fan of the colours either, for me the red wouldn't be the best...having said that, my putter has a yellow and white grip so I can't really be that bothered..!!!!
In the bag:
Driver - FT-i 9.5* Neutral Speeder 686 Stiff
Fairway Wood - X-Tour 15* Stiff
Hybrid - Nickent 3DX Ironwood 17* Aldila NV Hybrid 75S
Irons - Tour Stage Z101 Forged Irons DG S300 Shatfs (2-PW) Wedges - 52* Callaway X Tour Vintage, 58* Callaway X Tour Mack Daddy VintagePutter - Scotty...

I've gone to all Golf Pride grips, with the exception of my putter. My woods and wedges have the New Decade MC grips, and my irons have the trusty Tour Velvets. I also had the Dual Durometer grip on a driver I tested, and that is a grip that I would consider using on my woods in the future. I have the NDMC on my woods now, but they really seem to be most practical on my wedges, which I'm more apt to grip down on.

I just had my wife's clubs regripped at Golfsmith, and the tech who did the work talked my wife out of the Winn grips she initially liked. He said they've had all sorts of quality problems over the last year or so. FWIW. She ended up chosing Lamkin Crosslines (another good grip).

in the bag today:
Driver: TaylorMade R9 10.5° (Fujikura Motore 65 stiff)
3-wood: Tour Edge Exotics XCG (Aldila DVS Fairway 75 stiff)
hybrid: Sonartec Md 21° (UST Proforce V2 Hybrid 85 stiff)
4-PW: Titleist 755 (Titleist TriSpec Regular)Wedges: Titleist Vokey Design 252.08 bent to 50.5° (Oil...

I always used to use the GP Tour Velvet Cord grips but now there are these new multi-material (and color) ones being made by all the different companies I'm very confused. I guess I'll wait and see which one "surfaces" as the best before I go that route.

WBL

What's In the Bag
Callaway FTiq Tour i-mix 9.5º with stiff Mitsubishi Rayon Javlnfx 6
Cobra F-Speed LD 3-wood 15.5º with 43" YS Tour AD regCobra Baffler DWS 20º & 23º with Aldila VS Proto HL regPing S59 3-PW with Nippon PRO 950GH stiffTitleist Vokey Spin Milled 56º wedgeInazone B...

I prefer the Golf Pride Tour Wraps. They just seem to work the best for me and when they get the least bit slick you can wet them and wipe them dry and they are tacky again. I like them alot!

Golf is not a game, it's a way of life!

Driver...Cubic Balance offset
Fairway wood......Flying Saucer
3-Wood....Cleveland LauncherIrons.......Callaway Great Big Bertha w/graphite shaftswedges....Cleveland sand wedge, Callaway Lob wedge putter....Claveland VAS.

Note: This thread is 6483 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!