IGNORED

2009 MLB Playoffs

Grndslmhttr3
Note: This thread is 5257 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I wonder if it is raining in the Bronx. Here in Central New York, the rain stopped a few hours ago, and the Doppler radar shows no more rain tonight. It would be great if they get to play the game.

Mitch Pezdek------Dash Aficionado and Legend in My Own Mind

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Major League Baseball desparately needs the ability to challenge calls, like the NFL does.

I think that's what makes the game better: the fact that there aren't stopages to look back at plays and that what umpires call stays (for the most part).

As for Phils-Yanks, ARod is much better than Feliz. Rollins is better than Jeter at both d ("past a diving Jeter!") and o. Phils have the clear advantage at 2nd and possibly first (if Howard continues what he's been doing). Ruiz is better than Posada, and I expect the Phils to run a lot on him...Yanks won't test Ruiz. Outfield has to go to the Phils, too. But, I think the Yanks have a little better starting pitching and a much better closer. Bulpens haven't been great this postseason, so that's a toss up. It would be a great series IMO, but I wouldn't mind Angels-Phils either.

In my Ogio Ozone Bag:
TM Superquad 9.5* UST Proforce 77g Stiff
15* Sonartec SS-2.5 (Pershing stiff)
19* TM Burner (stock stiff)
4-U - PING i10 White dot, +1.25 inches, ZZ65 stiff shafts55*/11* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)60*/12* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)Ping i10 1/2 MoonTitleist ProV1

^^^ No! Posada and Jeter are botn much better than Ruiz and Rollins. Blasted Phils (Not Philly Mick) fans!!

r7 Limited 9.5
r7 tp or r9 15*
300 series 3-9
48* 200 & 64* 07' SM
588 Chrome DSG 53* & 60* GM2 Exchange #5 34in Pro V1

They're actually 16-5, but that's totally besides the point.

fair enough

^^^ No! Posada and Jeter are botn much better than Ruiz and Rollins. Blasted Phils (Not Philly Mick) fans!!

in 1999 I would have agreed with you, Posada you are just wrong...and it isn't close. Jeter is one of the classy guys in baseball and I will say nothing bad about him. He is now a push a best...he may be a hair behind.

Driver- Callaway Razor somthing or other
3W- Taylor Made R11S
3H Rocketballz
4I-PW- MP-59
Gap- Vokey 54

Lob- Cleveland 60

Putter- Rife

Skycaddie SG5  

As much as I like Rollins, I'd put up Jeter as a better hitter any day, though he's probably a better fielder than Jeter. I agree with you about Ruiz though. He's hitting very well and his throws are spot on every time.

-Rich

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Game postponed as the weather is supposed to shit on the Bronx tonight

So now it will be back to back games---Sunday and Monday nights?

So now it will be back to back games---Sunday and Monday nights?

Well I'm sure you dont hope for a monday game but yes. Tonight at 7:30. I was really upset that they didnt play last night. I want to see the phils again dangit!

In my
Extreme Sport bag:
FTiq 10° Stiff Flex Driver
906F4 Fairway 15.5°
SQ 3/5i Hybrids 21°/26° AP1 S300 4-W SV Tour 54° Vokey Oil Can 58° Nike iC 20-10A Blade Putter"The only Pro-V that I use is my shampoo." - Me

OK, the preliminaries are over, and the two heavyweights go at it. GO, Phils! Give us the THRILL of two World Championships in a row. If Lee outduels Sabathia, it will be a short series.

This could be one of the best World Series in a lifetime!

Two bona-fide aces (CC and Lee)
Two streaky pitches (Burnett and Hamels)
Two vets that just know how to get it done (Pettitte and Pedro)

And to say two really strong lineups could be an understatement! Two magnicficent home field advatanges!

I cannot freaking wait!
In my bag
Machspeed 9.5 Stiff
CrossBax 5 wood
Idea Tech 19* Hybrid
a3 22* Hybrid Slingshot 4D Graphite 5-AW Burner XD 56* & 60* Wedge Callie Putter e6+Home Course: www.dogwoodtracegolf.com

Yea it is hard to agrue with that...revised pick is now just Back to back please!!!!!

Driver- Callaway Razor somthing or other
3W- Taylor Made R11S
3H Rocketballz
4I-PW- MP-59
Gap- Vokey 54

Lob- Cleveland 60

Putter- Rife

Skycaddie SG5  

I think I will have to go with the home team!

I like homefield advatage alot for both teams.

Yankees in 6.
In my bag
Machspeed 9.5 Stiff
CrossBax 5 wood
Idea Tech 19* Hybrid
a3 22* Hybrid Slingshot 4D Graphite 5-AW Burner XD 56* & 60* Wedge Callie Putter e6+Home Course: www.dogwoodtracegolf.com

I agree with you. I was excited in 2004 because my Beloved Red Sox were in the Series after coming back from a 3-0 deficit to the Damn Yankees, and I cheered wildly as they swept the Cardinals, but this year's should be close and each game will be exciting!! GO, PHILLIES!!

I agree with you. I was excited in 2004 because my Beloved Red Sox were in the Series after coming back from a 3-0 deficit to the Damn Yankees, and I cheered wildly as they swept the Cardinals, but this year's should be close and each game will be exciting!! GO, PHILLIES!!

Please dont remind me of 2004. Ughhhhhh

In my bag
Machspeed 9.5 Stiff
CrossBax 5 wood
Idea Tech 19* Hybrid

Please dont remind me of 2004. Ughhhhhh

My BELOVED BOSTON RED SOX MADE HISTORY in 2004! They came back from a 3-0 deficit, and then SWEPT the World Series!

Yankees got smoked

Only caught the 9th inning. But what an inning to catch. Wow, Cliff Lee going all the way. Go on Phillies. Even though they beat the Dodgers, they are still looking good.

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Note: This thread is 5257 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!