IGNORED

2009 MLB Playoffs

Grndslmhttr3
Note: This thread is 5249 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

As the regular season nears the end, a some teams, such as the Yankees, Dodgers, Phillies, and Red Sox, Angels, and Cardinals, have all clinched their playoff spots. What are your predictions for the playoffs?
I'm obviously cheering on the Phillies and I think they can/will go back-to-back; how about you guys? I'm leaning towards the Angels for the AL team in the World Series.

-Rich

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a DIE HARD NY METS fan, I was hope'n to see them v. the TIGERS. I would like to see the Tigers and St Louis, but my hopes aren't that great any longer. I do however have a practicle feeling that the Yankees and Dodgers may go to the finish. I would much rather see the Angels and Cards.

I would like to see a Monday playoff between the Tigers and Twins that goes 15 innings and Verlander pitches 10 of them.PS I am a Yankee fan in case you could not tell.

In my new FT carry bag
FT-9 Tour nuetral 9.5
FT-15 degree 3 wood
Fussion Hybrids #2&4
Fussion irons with Grapholoy Pro launch Red shafts56&60 Cally X forged wedges with Red shaftsSG9 putterCally I ballBushnell Meadealist range finder

I'm hoping the Tigers can just clinch their playoff spot either tonight or tomorrow so we can rest Verlander. I'm excited to see the playoffs start, but the Yankees will be a very, very tough match up.

Grom Stand Bag
2009 Burner Driver 10.5*
2009 Burner Fairway Wood 15*
A7 3H, 4H 5-PW
Affinity 56* SW CG15 60* White Hot XG 330 Mallet Putter Z Star Yellow Balls

As the regular season nears the end, a some teams, such as the Yankees, Dodgers, Phillies, and Red Sox, Angels, and Cardinals, have all clinched their playoff spots. What are your predictions for the playoffs?

The Phillies and Cardinals are looking good. I have not seen the Cardinals play this year since I watch mainly the American League, but they may have the best pitching staff in the Majors. My Red Sox really slumped in the last two weeks, and they have stumbled into the playoffs. Nonetheless, I have high hopes they can muster some enthusiasm and beat the Angels, but that will not be easy. The Yanks should have an easy time vs. the Tigers.

Mitch Pezdek------Dash Aficionado and Legend in My Own Mind

The Phillies seem to have some pitching problems, so for me the jury is still out. Although I live fairly close to Philly, they aren't really my team. Having been born in Baltimore, I'm more of an Oriole fan.. (I know..but I have never been just a fair weather fan...gotta stick with your team no matter what.)

Eclipse Stand Bag
Big Bertha 2007 460 11°
Big Bertha 2007 3w 16°
Big Bertha 2007 7w 22°
C9 475 2h 18° Insight XTD 5i-SW White Hot XG #7--------------------------------http://www.linkedin.com/in/normh3

The Phillies seem to have some pitching problems, so for me the jury is still out. Although I live fairly close to Philly, they aren't really my team. Having been born in Baltimore, I'm more of an Oriole fan.. (I know..but I have never been just a fair weather fan...gotta stick with your team no matter what.)

I'd much rather you be a devoted Oriole fan than a fair-weather Phillies fan. At least they've won a few World Series titles too.

-Rich

I am glad that the Tigers and Twins have to play off the last spot in the American League playoffs. It gives me something to watch tonight. After that, I almost hope the winner knocks off the Yankees, but since I am a Red Sox fan, I would rather have my boys deliver the knockout punch (after the Sox take out the Angels, of course).

I hope the Yankees get bounced in the first round so they can show us how meaningless their $230 million payroll is, like how they showed us last year by not making the playoffs.

-Rich

I hope the Yankees get bounced in the first round so they can show us how meaningless their $230 million payroll is, like how they showed us last year by not making the playoffs.

I agree with you. Big money has too much influence in all professional sports today. By the way, in my previous post, I messed up. I said that I would watch the Tigers and Twins play tonight. A buddy just told me they are playing tomorrow.

I'm hoping the Tigers can clinch their playoff spot tonight.

In my Xtreme Sport bag
'09 Burner 9.5*
F50 15* 3 Wood
Burner 18* 5 Wood
MX-19 4-GW SV Tour 54.12 & 58.08 White Hot 2-Ball SRT

I'm looking for the Cards to make the WS this year. Not sure who they'll be playing though.

Driver.... Nickent DX Evolver V2 65 stiff /07 Burner YS6+ stiff .
4 wood..... Nickent 4DX
Hybrids.....Tour Edge Geomax 22* 25* 28*
Irons.....TM R7 6-P + AW,SW,LW
Putter.....Odyssey White Hot XG 2 BallBag.......Callaway ORG 14 A.L.I.C.E. Ball........Bridgestone e6 / Srixon Soft Feel...

WHAT a THRILLER---Twins and Tigers all tied at 5 each in the 12th. This is baseball at its best, no matter who wins.

WHAT a THRILLER---Twins and Tigers all tied at 5 each in the 12th. This is baseball at its best, no matter who wins.

That was an awesome game. I really hope the Twins beat the Yankees.

-Rich

Your from that town that hates Santa sop I would expect you to hope the Yankees lose.Before you go on crowing you have to get past St Lou so you can lose to the yanks in the series.

In my new FT carry bag
FT-9 Tour nuetral 9.5
FT-15 degree 3 wood
Fussion Hybrids #2&4
Fussion irons with Grapholoy Pro launch Red shafts56&60 Cally X forged wedges with Red shaftsSG9 putterCally I ballBushnell Meadealist range finder

Now that the Twins are taking on the Yanks, the playoffs are in "full swing". For baseball fans, this what we have been waiting for.

Your from that town that hates Santa sop I would expect you to hope the Yankees lose.Before you go on crowing you have to get past St Lou so you can lose to the yanks in the series.

Phillies have the Yankees' number this year, and what does Santa have to do with anything?

And I'm not a fan of the 2:30 start time...

-Rich

Note: This thread is 5249 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!