IGNORED

2009 MLB Playoffs

Grndslmhttr3
Note: This thread is 5229 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Boy, did the Phils send a message "loud and clear" to the Cardinals, Dodgers, and the American League-----a dominating 5 to 1 complete game victory by Cliff Lee! Lee retired 16 batters in a row during his 9 innining stint.

Mitch Pezdek------Dash Aficionado and Legend in My Own Mind

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boy, did the Phils send a message "loud and clear" to the Cardinals, Dodgers, and the American League-----a dominating 5 to 1 complete game victory by Cliff Lee! Lee retired 16 batters in a row during his 9 innining stint.

Started off a tad bit shaky but then got in a hell of a groove. What an outing.

-Rich

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

There is certainly something to be said for Cliff Lee to pitch the entire game. Quite a feat.

More impressive however is the Dodgers winning after the majority of people wrote them off to not win a single game in the series. Including many of the die-hard Dodger fans we have at my club.

I'll be at today's game! Go Dodgers!

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

There is certainly something to be said for Cliff Lee to pitch the entire game. Quite a feat.

Yeah I know what you mean; ESPN and Fox seemed pretty damn sure the Phillies had no chance against the Dodgers or Rays last year. Anything can happen in the playoffs!

-Rich

My BELOVED Boston Red Sox are in trouble. I hope Beckett pitches well today, and they win, or they will really have their "backs against the wall"!

Yeah I know what you mean; ESPN and Fox seemed pretty damn sure the Phillies had no chance against the Dodgers or Rays last year.

How do you think Matt Holliday slept last night - oh my!

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Thanks Matt Holliday!

Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Thank God that I root for the Phillies as well as Boston. My Red Sox are done, unfortunately. That was a good pitching duel last night until the 7th inning, when the roof caved in. It is almost impossible to come back from a 2 game deficit, especially when you used your two best pitchers in games #1 and 2.

The mrs and I were at last nights Yankee game and it very well may have been one of the best games I have ever seen.Granted there was a blown call by the ump but thats baseball.Minny had bases loaded no one out and Robertson got out of it A Rod earned his stripes and Tex woke up!!! WOW what a game.Best part was We were invited to sit with Minny's family seats and were on the arm

In my new FT carry bag
FT-9 Tour nuetral 9.5
FT-15 degree 3 wood
Fussion Hybrids #2&4
Fussion irons with Grapholoy Pro launch Red shafts56&60 Cally X forged wedges with Red shaftsSG9 putterCally I ballBushnell Meadealist range finder

The Red Sox were swept. Hey, the Angels are a good team, deserve to take on the Yanks. Thank God my Phils are still going. They should win today.

The Red Sox were swept. Hey, the Angels are a good team, deserve to take on the Yanks. Thank God my Phils are still going. They should win today.

Phillies bat .359 against Hammel, so that's a plus. He also has a terrible ERA when pitching at Coors Field.

Happ on the other hand, although having only faced the Rockies once, was excellent against them, like he has been all season.

-Rich

What a comeback. 3 runs scored with 2 outs. That's what I call a 2-out rally

One of the best games this year.

In my Ogio Ozone Bag:
TM Superquad 9.5* UST Proforce 77g Stiff
15* Sonartec SS-2.5 (Pershing stiff)
19* TM Burner (stock stiff)
4-U - PING i10 White dot, +1.25 inches, ZZ65 stiff shafts55*/11* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)60*/12* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)Ping i10 1/2 MoonTitleist ProV1

In a way I'm sad to see Philly win. Dodger's record against them this year, I think 3-4, or 4-3, one of the two. Against the Rockies 14-2.

I am, however, glad Philly won. Now the Dodgers don't have to play a game in 28* weather! What is that BS about? Freakin' Colorado.

Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Note: This thread is 5229 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!