IGNORED

Big Break Disney

Duffy
Note: This thread is 3693 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I am an Andrew fan (yes I am the one) but I saw nothing wrong with the guys ganging up on him. He is the strongest player I could see why they want him gone.
Driver R7 Superquad NV 55 shaft or Bridgestone J33 460 NV 75 shaft
3 and 5 Wood X
Hybrid original Fli Hi 21* or FT 22*
Irons AP2
Wedges Vokey 52* - 8 , 56* 14, 60*-7Putter California CoranodoBall TP RedGPS NeoRange Finder- Bushnell Tour V2 When Chuck Norris puts spin on the ball, the ball does not...

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Iam going to jump on the Blake has to go bandwagon. What happen to Pat Perez? He just disappered before the elimination challenge. Maybe he was making Mike nervous and left. I know he was not shown anymore after the B-R-E-A-K challenge. Just a side note, does anyone know when this was taped?
IowaChop WITB
Driver:
Hyper X 9*
Fairway Metals:
Big Bertha (2004) 15*, 19*Hybrid:Big Bertha Heavenwood 23*Irons: 4-6 710 CB, 7-PW 710 MBWedges:655TM Fluid Forged Wedge (55/11*) CG 12 DSG 60/3*Putter: Tour Platinum 7801Ball: TP Black LDP
"Lick the lollipop of mediocrity once and you'll...

I am an Andrew fan (yes I am the one) but I saw nothing wrong with the guys ganging up on him. He is the strongest player I could see why they want him gone.

But they're not saying they want him gone, or to face elimination, because of his ability as a player. It's all been personal.

Big Break always has at least one episode when the contestants are allowed to single out other players toward elimination. Last time, at PEI, it was a circle challenge over water. Aaron won the challenge and got to identify one other player to hit the same shot, either winning immunity or sent straight to elimination. The hosts asked Aaron why he picked Derek and he was very blunt, saying Derek was the biggest competition. There has been nothing similar in this Big Break. Actually I just listened to Golfgal's interview with Vincent tonight, after his elimination. She asked the perfect question: In assigning the letter, how much was based on ability and how much was about the person. Vincent initially said it's, "a case of who you like, and who you don't like." Then he softened it by claiming he wanted to target Andrew because he hadn't been in elimination yet, and if given a second letter he might have identified Tony since he also had not faced elimination. I'm not buying it. Based on their attitudes, and everything that has been said on the shows and in Golfgal's interviews, I think anyone who handed a letter to someone other than Andrew would have faced shock and bitter feelings from the others. Vince can rationalize anything he wants, this long after the fact.

Just a side note, does anyone know when this was taped?

Taped in early to mid July. That's a quick turnaround time, compared to recent Big Breaks, particularly PEI which was filmed in September 2008 but didn't air until April 2009. But the last all male Big Break, Mesquite in 2007, was the same schedule, filmed in July then aired at this time of the year.

I have to say I am now rooting for Andrew to win outright. I also thought it was fitting that after Vince called out andrew first in the rediculous horse game, andrew said he was going to "beat him down" well he did just that in the elimination challenge, and Vince got what he deserved. I also liked that through all that bulls#(*# Andrew held his head high said all the right things and still has never said anything negative about another player. I would have strangled Mike and Blake by this point if I were him. Like when MIke tried to make him eat those strawberries when they were eating a couple episodes ago. Seriously? How old are you Mike? Your the definition of douchebag. I liked Vince and up to this point thought he was a threat to win, suprised to see him go. I was shouting at the TV and so pissed off that he and andrew did not finish Blake off. Had a couple chances to. I didnt think I could hate Blake any worse than I already did, but man this episode brought me to a whole new level of distaste for that gigantic toolbox. I mean are you kidding me, the way he went off on Erdman after he won that first challenge. The guy just won and was happy, go congratulate him like everybody else. Then he makes that snark comment about how he cant believe that Erdman is still on the show. I know Erdman is a weak player who Andrew basically carried to this point, but dude you have been playing worse than he has! If Andrew doesnt win I would honestly like to see Blake win, just so I can watch that guy in the Disney tournament next year get his S$*$ kicked in and see highlights of his terrible attitude and horrible golf game.

Clubs:

Driver: Ping G10 10.5 UST Mamiya Proforce V2 Stiff
Fairway: Ping G10 15.5 UST Mamiya Proforce V2 stiff
Hybrid: Ping G10 18.0 UST Mamiya Proforce V2 H stiffIrons:  Ping S56 3-PW KBS tour StiffWedges:  Ping Tour S 56, 60 degree KBS tour stiffPutter:  Ping scottsdale anser 2 34"

I watched the 2 shows last night in full. This is the first time I really have. Not knowing the history, I think Andrew is the most deserving. Besides the brothers, I'm not even sure why the others are there. They act like brats, but then again, maybe they are suppose to.

Eclipse Stand Bag
Big Bertha 2007 460 11°
Big Bertha 2007 3w 16°
Big Bertha 2007 7w 22°
C9 475 2h 18° Insight XTD 5i-SW White Hot XG #7--------------------------------http://www.linkedin.com/in/normh3

I used to be on the "not a fan of Andrew" bandwagon but I've since come to my senses. I'm rooting for Andrew to win it all. Either him or Tony. Andrew thus far has been the most humble player; just going about his business. As someone else said, Andrew has yet to make one negative comment about another player. Even when Kevin was sucking it up in the team challenge, Andrew was right there cheering him on trying to get his game turned around. I would have really loved to see how Blake or Mike would have reacted to Kevin's poor play had they been on his team.

All I continue to hear from Blake is how good he is and how bad Andrew and Kevin are. Seriously, why can't Blake just shut up and play? There is no reason to call out Kevin on his poor play every single time you hit a bad shot. Blake hits some poor shots at the track and all he could mention under his breath was "How is Kevin still on the show?" It's a damn game and thus far Kevin has been in the right place at the right time. He's not the best player but that's the nature of the show. The best player may not win.

Honestly though, the show is taped over the course of two weeks I think. In the course of two weeks, how much could Andrew really be getting on everyone's nerves? C'mon, even if you didn't like the guy, you should be able to stand him for two weeks. Looks from the previews of next week that Tony picks Andrew in the team challenge. I think maybe he (and others?) are starting to realize that Andrew isn't the problem at all.

What did he mean "get your lip off my ball dude...."? Was he talking to Andrew?

yeah i was wondering that too

:cobra: Speed ld-f 10.5 Stiff
:snake_eyes: 3 & 5 Woods
:adams:A4 3 hybrid
:bridgestone: J33 Forged Irons 4-pw
:ping: 50th Aniv. Karsten Ansr Putter56*, 60* wedges

Ive just watched the last two shows after browsing through the previous episodes and i think the guy that got elimited yesterday was one of most solid players there. Its kinda silly but i guess that is the way their format works. The guliani kid seems to annoy the other players, but from what i can see - he is probably better than all of them. Anyone who wins the Met Open has to have legit game.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

It's a great show this season, but man, is it just me or does anyone else dislike that Andrew kid from NYC? (the son of en ex mayor) Ah, he's just great to add drama to the show...
In My Under Armour Links Stand Bag or PING Hoofer Vantage Team Bag :
i15 9.5°, Project X Graphite -7A3 | i15 15.5°, Project X Graphite -8A4 | S57 2 - PW, Project X 6.5 | Tour-W 56.10/60.8 Project X 6.5 | Redwood Black Satin Anser | Titleist Black | Golf Pride Tour Velvet Round Grips With Logo...

What did he mean "get your lip off my ball dude...."? Was he talking to Andrew?

yeah i was wondering that too

Yeah he was talking to Andrew and he was referring to Andrew's comment where he said something to the effect of "get down" or "check up" (I can't remember exactly what he said). It was reference to Blake's ball as it was in the air. Some people are weird like that and evidently Blake is one of them. I was playing in the Lexington City Championship this year and heard stories about how one of the past winners of the tournament hates anyone to talk to his ball while it's in the air. If he hit's a shot and you say something like "go in" or "get down" he will lose it. I guess a fellow competitor did something to that affect in the tournament with him and he want on a cussing rant telling him that "He had better NEVER talk to his ball again." As if someone talking to the ball has anything at all to do with the outcome. Seems like a harmless gesture to me. I do it all the time without even thinking when I'm playing with my usual group. Someone hits a shot or something and you just say "get down" or "get up" if you know it's too long or short. Not a big deal in my eyes. I assume that is what Blake meant by "get your lip off my ball."

Ok because it is clearly not an established phrase in golf. I googled simply "lip off my ball" and only came up with three results, all this thread!

I have to say, I was worried about Andrew going out. Missing the first shot in elimination had me on my seat.

Its also sad and juvenile the way the group ganged up on him. Especially Gipper, thought he was a sportsman. Honestly, I want to see him have a bad day and get eliminated.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

It's a great show this season, but man, is it just me or does anyone else dislike that Andrew kid from NYC? (the son of en ex mayor) Ah, he's just great to add drama to the show...

It's just you. We all think Andrew is probably the best of the bunch.

Eclipse Stand Bag
Big Bertha 2007 460 11°
Big Bertha 2007 3w 16°
Big Bertha 2007 7w 22°
C9 475 2h 18° Insight XTD 5i-SW White Hot XG #7--------------------------------http://www.linkedin.com/in/normh3

Its also sad and juvenile the way the group ganged up on him. Especially Gipper, thought he was a sportsman. Honestly, I want to see him have a bad day and get eliminated.

It wasn't sad or juvenile. Vincent had to give Andrew the first letter. Think about it this way: If Gipper or Tony wins the first shot, the brother isn't getting the second letter. Same for Blake/Mike if either of them had won the first shot. I feel like had Vince given either of the Finau brothers the letter, they would have given it back to him later. Also, it's clear that Andrew isn't going to play himself into elimination (like Blake does every week), he's too good. If the other players want him gone, a challenge like that was the best chance to make it happen.

In the bag:
Ping G5 Driver 9 degree, Ping G10 3-wood, Nike 3 hybrid, TaylorMade R9 Irons 4-AW, Cleveland CG15 56 and 60 degree wedges, Odyssey 2-ball blade putter

I'm pulling for Andrew....I allways go for the underdog and I think he may be the best golfer there.
Blake needs to go. He's the worse golfer there and the biggerst cry baby in Big Break history. How would you like to play 18 holes with him? I would probably put my foot you know where after the first 9.

Joe

G10 Driver
G5 3 wood
G5 5 wood
G10 21,24,28 & 32 Hybrids
2010 710 AP2 7-PW w/DG300SVokey 58 & 52 2009 Spin Milled 2 Ball Blade 34" ProV1 2009 Pioneer Bag

Note: This thread is 3693 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!