IGNORED

Best way to ship golf clubs?

Note: This thread is 2260 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Bubble wrap is cheap and light, it doesn't contribute to any weight. Make sure you pack in every head individually and pack it so that there is no rattling going on, not on shafts or clubheads. I've recieved some unsatisfactory packed packages and always pack stuff properly. Being golf clubs or any other object. My primary goal is to pack it such that there are no rattling going on. Bubble wrap and newspapers does the job.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 2 years later...

Anybody ship their clubs recently? How much did they charge to package and ship? I'll be traveling from PHL to LAX.

I'd normally just check my clubs, but wife and kid are coming this time, so we'll be pretty hefty on our carry-on load.

Lately Ive found that USPS is the best way to ship clubs.  The shipping rates are cheap (usually costs me about $7 for 3-5 days shipping and $13 for 2-day shipping) and the clubs always arrive on-time and undamaged.

I used to like shipping UPS but theyve gotten so expensive that its not worth it anymore.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Originally Posted by GaijinGolfer

Lately Ive found that USPS is the best way to ship clubs.  The shipping rates are cheap (usually costs me about $7 for 3-5 days shipping and $13 for 2-day shipping) and the clubs always arrive on-time and undamaged.

I used to like shipping UPS but theyve gotten so expensive that its not worth it anymore.

$13?? Wow. Is that including your bag and full set of clubs? Did you package it yourself? Or grab an empty box from a local pro shop, etc?

• 5 years later...

If you're going to do this regularly, you might look up a place called ULine.

You can bulk-purchase 48" x 4" x 4" boxes (200 lb. test) for less than $3 each.

TaylorMade had a clever arrangement using a 42 x 4 x 4 (approx): two foam blocs that each held four iron heads. You put 4 clubs head down in bottom of box, and four clubs head up at top of box. The top and bottom blocs, with pressure from the shafts, self-cushion the whole shipment.

Edited by WUTiger
Add remark on TM

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 2260 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!