IGNORED

new irons...help

Note: This thread is 5301 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I started playing golf in the spring with a couple of my friends. I have been playing nonstop since and have become pretty good. I have been playnig with my dads old X-14's and i get to pick a new set of irons for my birthday in november. I think I'm ready for some better clubs since iron play is my best attribute. I like the Ping i15 alot but was wondering if anyone had other suggestions for me. I'd like to try alot of clubs before I make my choice, but I'm not quite sure what to try.

keep the x-14's. Those are awesome sticks.

Nike Sweet 16

Callaway Steelhead Plus 19*

Srixon I-701 3-P

Cleveland CG-16 Black Pearl 52* & 58*

Cleveland VP Milled No. 3

I had the X-14's, they're nice. But since I started gaming my current Mizuno MX950, tell you the truth, I am not going to play anything else but Mizuno irons. They're just SWEET!
At 12 handicap, checkout the MP52 or the MP57. The latter's price has dropped recently.

If you're looking for something more budget wise, check the Srixon I701 on Edwin Watts, they have them brand new for $400, or check the Bridgestone J36 irons (blades, cavity backs or pocket cavities), you could find them brand new on ebay for $400 or less.

Call me a fanboy or a ••••• or anything, but these are my favorite 3 irons brands!! :)
My achievements:
Eagles: 0
Birdies: 18
Best Round: 89

Note: This thread is 5301 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!