IGNORED

2009 Goals - Recap Your Year

iacas
Note: This thread is 5256 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Get down to a 2.8 handicap or less

No where near this, started working with a new instructer after spending a winter messing around, playing no golf competitions or practising effectively, joined a new club and went straight up to 7, so have done fairly well to bring it back down to 5.

Get on the second team at golf college

On the team, played in the first match and lost 5&4, I played scramble golf and the guy shot 3 under

Increase clubhead speed by 5 mph

Useless goal, hitting it straight is far more important than distance once your hitting it 270 +

Continue to get high marks in my golf coaching degree

First year complete and on course for a 2:1

In my Ping UCLAN Team Bag

Nike Sasqautch 9.5 - V2 Stiff
Cleveland HiBore 15 - V2 Stiff
Ben Hogan Apex FTX, 2 - PW - Dynamic Gold StiffNike SV Tour 52, 58 - Dynamic Golf StiffYes Golf Callie - 33 inchesBall - Srixon Z star X

• 2 weeks later...
My 2009 golf goals:
  • Join a league.
  • Get handicap to less than 4.0.
  • Shoot a 69 or better.
  • Make a hole in one.
  • Focus and commit to every shot.
  • Hit more fairways and greens.
  • Make more putts
  • Make fewer bogeys.
  • Take time to warm up before rounds.
  • Play 100 times.
  • Play (and Break 80) at: South Wind CC, Prairie Dunes CC, Colbert Hills. _

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

This is my first crack at actually writing down and tracking my goals over a yearly basis so bear with me.

• Adjust to my new equipment. This was definitely my years for "adjusting to new equipment". I didn't really have any issues transitioning to new equipment but I did mix things up again, a lot. Once again I swapped out my irons, 3-wood and putter. Overall I think that these were good changes and now that I've worked with the new gear some, I think that these will be the clubs to stay in the bag for while. I'd still like a smaller, more workable driver, but short of that, I don't think that I'll make any changes next year.
  • Practice more. I did pretty good here. I found myself on the driving range quite a bit more than any of the last couple of years. I also stopped at the practice green more often. That said, there was room for improvement. I didn't hit the practice bunker as often as I should have and I need to dedicate myself to the practice green a bit more.
  • Get back into positive numbers. I made it back to the +0.1 - +0.3 range a couple of times but couldn't keep it there consistently. Consistency was my biggest problem this year which I attribute to my low round count. Practice is good but I need to apply that on the course more often.
  • Better course management. Not really a "measurable" area but one that I feel that I did improve in. I found myself playing smart shots more often and getting in far less trouble than I have years past.
  • Short game, short game, short game. Despite not practicing as often as I would have liked to my short game did improve quite a bit. I found myself getting U/D quite a bit more often and had a lot more confidence around the green.
  • Play some competitive golf. I totally failed here. I didn't play in a single event (other than the best shot tourney discussed below). This was mainly due to the fact that I didn't really get to play consistently until late in the year (a lot of my goals can be attributed to this though) due to a move. Moving, owning and taking care of multiple homes, and all that is associated with that ate up a lot of my time over the majority of the golf season.
  • Best shot tournament: We owned the best shot this year. After finding out that we were tied for the lead with 4 holes to play we went eagle, birdie, eagle, birdie to win by 4 strokes.
  • Get in better shape. Hard to make a call on this one. I did get in better shape but not as good as I really wanted. This is more of an ongoing goal though so I'll just have to keep at it and work a little harder.
  • Some stats: I'll have to check Scorecard for this info. Too bad I can't view round history/stats on my iPhone.

Yonex Ezone Type 380 | Tour Edge Exotics CB Pro | Miura 1957 Irons | Yururi Wedges | Scotty Cameron Super Rat | TaylorMade Penta

I couldn't find my 2009 goals. But if I remember them correctly, it was:
1. Practice short game.
2. Play once a week at least.
3. so on...

Now I think about them, it wasn't direct enough to execute them except #2.
Anyway, I did got my statistics this year. I will make more direct goals for 2010 so that I can better my game. Anyway.. here they are.

1. Found grass short game practice area this fall and love it. I worked on my wedges between 70-110 yds... but haven't played yet after the practice
2. Not even close. 1 rounding / 2~3 week maybe.

P.S. When r u going to post 2010 Goals posting? (I can't wait to start early )

Golf: Agony & Love over 3 Generations

I haven't posted in the 2009 goals thread, but my personal goal was a rather simple one - get my HCP below 20 from 24.1 at the beginning of the year. Didn't happen, too busy until June (studying for CFA..) and then I just didn't commit enough throughout summer, then ran into some back problems and here we are with 24.3 at the end of the season.
Next year it is, baby :).

Establish a 10 handicap

take a lesson - check!

improved my mental approach and course management - check! establish a 10 handicap - no, but down to an 11.5 from an 18!

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

sheesh, It's already December!?

- Multiple wins on the Golden State and Pepsi Tours

Kinda. Had two wins, but they both come on the Pepsi Tour.

- Get to Japan for '09 Japanese PGA Tour Q School [and qualify]

Nope... But, I am headed to Thailand for Asian Tour Q School in January.

- Shoot 8 under par

No... Had a chance a few weeks back though when I started out going 6 under on my first 9.

- Figure out correct balance between practice time and play time

Pretty sure I have.

- Qualify to play LA Open, Buick Invitational and US Open

No dice. I'm ready to challenge that again for 2010 though.

- No 3-putts

hahaha, I made it about 4 weeks with this one. But like above, ready for 2010.

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

• 2 weeks later...

My results:

Practice More
Failed

Break 72
Failed. Closest is 73 !

Mentally commit to the next shot.
Sometimes really lost the focus

Continue to work on the short game.
60% there

Improve Putting
Yes. Dropped about 4 to 6 shots this year with Stan Uttley's tips.

Some Stats
Score (avg): 76 ~77
FWY: 77%
GIR: 53.0%
Average Putts:
- per Hole:1.80
- per GIR:1.85
- per 18:32.32 ( reduce to
I m pleased with my improvement this year although i hardly put my time at the range except putting at home.

I want to be the club champion by 2010 !

What I Play:
913D3 9.5°Diamana Kai'li 70 Stiff  "C3" | 910F 15°, Diamana Kai'li 80 Stiff "D2" | 910H 19°,  Diamana Kai'li for Titleist 85 Hybrid Stiff | Titleist 714 AP2 4 to P Aerotech Steelfiber i110 S | SM4 Vokey 50.12, 54.14 & SM5 60.11K| 34" Edel Umpqua + 40g Counter Weight

Note: This thread is 5256 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!