IGNORED

Practice balls

Note: This thread is 5311 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

In the early 90's, when space was tight I used to practice with hard plastic balls. These used to travel about 30% of the distance of a real ball. I have looked everywhere for these to no avail. Does anyone know if they are still made? If so, where can I get them? I am in the UK.

Thanks

Brian

Ping Eye 2 Beryllium Copper irons
Cobra S9.1 10.5 degree driver
Cobra 23 degree baffler
Yes Sandy putter

I don't think your talking about the wiffle balls are you?

At a store here, I bought a bag that had 24 yellow foam balls and 12 plastic wiffle balls. They work great for me due to the ability to hit them in the back yard.

I think your talking about something different though maybe.

In my bag
Burner 10.5* reg
3h & 4-P S57
Wedges: 56* CCI and 60* SV Tour
DF 960

Are Wiffle balls the ones with holes in? If so, they are not those. I found some on Amazon called 'Almost Golf'. There are some others called 30% Distance Practice Balls. They will spin just like a real ball so will draw or fade (or hook or slice). The beauty is they only go about 30% of the distance of a real ball and will not cause damage to anything. I believe that a driver will knock it about 80 - 100 yards, good for limited space practice areas. I have ordered some of the 30% balls from Amazon UK, they are £6.99 (about $11) for 18 balls.

Cobra 23 degree baffler
Yes Sandy putter

You might try these practice golf balls "Almost Golf Balls". They seem to be popular here. Planning on purchasing them and trying them at the park to save some $$$.

« Keith »

No, the ones that I have now found are called 'Almost Golf' balls, another make is 30% Distance Practice Balls which are cheaper. Both can be found on Amazon UK, I don't know about the USA Amazon. I have ordered 18 of the 30% balls for £6.99 ($11). They have a hard outer coating with a soft inner and will go just the same as a real ball i.e. fade, draw, slice, hook but will only go about 30% of the distance of a real ball. I believe that a driver will knock one about 80 - 100 yards.

Brian

Cobra 23 degree baffler
Yes Sandy putter

No, the ones that I have now found are called 'Almost Golf' balls, another make is 30% Distance Practice Balls which are cheaper. Both can be found on Amazon UK, I don't know about the USA Amazon. I have ordered 18 of the 30% balls for £6.99 ($11). They have a hard outer coating with a soft inner and will go just the same as a real ball i.e. fade, draw, slice, hook but will only go about 30% of the distance of a real ball. I believe that a driver will knock one about 80 - 100 yards.

Brian

Cobra 23 degree baffler
Yes Sandy putter

The "Almost Golf" website claims the balls fly around 1/3 distance, however from my experience they fly much further.

I'm not sure how accurate this chart is, as it seems everything longer than the 5 iron flies 200+

Revolver Pro
FT-5 Tour 8.5°
Diablo 15° 3W
MP57 3i-PW (Project X 6.0)
52°, 56°, 60° Rossa Daytona

Get a Birdieball! It doesn't even look like a ball but the flight characteristics are exactly the same. Also, they don't fly far at all either.

- Tour Issue Taylormade R7 Superquad TP Matrix Ozik Xcon 5 X-stiff
- Nike Dymo 3 Wood UST Axivcore Stiff
- Nike Dymo 5 Wood UST Axivcore Stiff- Nike Blades 3-PW S300- Nike SV Tour 50* 54* 58* S400- Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport Beach- Nike Tour D

• Administrator
Get a Birdieball! It doesn't even look like a ball but the flight characteristics are exactly the same. Also, they don't fly far at all either.

No, they'll only fly sifty or seventy yards with a 7-iron, right onto the roof of your neighbor's house across your back yard, two sidewalks, the street, and their front lawn.

There aren't any practice balls that you can use at home unless you have a LOT of room on your property. And that's unfortunate.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I Just Finish purchasing some of ebay for a few dollars. they have all kinds of balls available there. I personally say go with the foam balls. Much better feel at POI

Driver: Titleist 910D2 9.5
Wood: Titleist 910Fd
Hybrid: Titleist 910H
Irons: Titleist AP1
Wedges: Titleist Vokey 56/11 60/7
Putter: Titleist Scotty Cameron Custom Shop Newport 2

Note: This thread is 5311 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!