IGNORED

vBulletin 3.6.0 Features

iacas
Note: This thread is 6476 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
Check this big list out (there are seven days worth, so keep scrolling!).

LOTS of new features are coming to this site... just as soon as the skins are updated to work with vBulletin 3.6.0. We use the "Aria" skin from vbstyles.com if you care to follow along (and perhaps alert me before I notice myself).

The skin is heavily modified, though, so I'll have to back-port a lot of changes. The process may be painful, but I hope it's not. I'll post here when I begin and when the process is done.

I'm looking forward to several of the new features.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
The "Aria" skin that this forum uses will be ready "by the end of the week" according to the guy who makes 'em, so, perhaps this weekend I'll be doing the upgrade.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Check this big list out (there are seven days worth, so keep scrolling!).
Big doesn't do it justice. I am feeling that my forum skills are sub standard . I am resorting to copy and paste since I can't seem to quote properly. What is a signature infraction?

1W Cleveland LauncherComp 10.5, 3W Touredge Exotics 15 deg.,FY Wilson 19.5 degree
4 and 5H, 6I-GW Callaway Razr, SW, LW Cleveland Cg-14, Putter Taylor Made Suzuka, Ball, Srixon XV Yellow

Looks good! The multi-quote option and auto-picture resize will be a nice touch. Looking forward to the features.

Jeff

10.5° Callaway FT-iZ Tour

18°, 20°, 23° Adams Idea Pro Prototype Hybrid

4-9 Titleist 690.CB
48° Titleist Vokey Tour Nickel
54°, 58° Titleist Vokey Tour Oil Can

Scotty Cameron NP2, 33"

Yep, 3.6 looks great. I would have upgraded my forum from 3.5.4, but there is a rather lengthy bug list and it was unstable the last time I checked. Sooner or later I'll jump in.
IN MY BAG

Irons Big Bertha Fusion Irons 3-PW, SW, LW (Nippon 990 UNFX)
Driver Big Bertha Fusion FT-3 (Aldila NVS 55-R 350)
3 Wood ERC Fusion 3w - RGS (RCH Sys 55R)4/5 Wood Big Bertha Fusion 15D Fairway Wood (Aldila NVS 55-R 350)Bag 10.5" orange fusion tour bagPutter Scotty Cameron Newport...

• Administrator
Yep, 3.6 looks great. I would have upgraded my forum from 3.5.4, but there is a rather lengthy bug list and it was unstable the last time I checked. Sooner or later I'll jump in.

It's gold now. Did you look at one of the betas or RCs?

Yep you are right. I reinstalled the other night and the downloads section was telling me that 3.5.4 was still the latest stable version, but now it says that 3.6 is stable.
IN MY BAG

3 Wood ERC Fusion 3w - RGS (RCH Sys 55R)4/5 Wood Big Bertha Fusion 15D Fairway Wood (Aldila NVS 55-R 350)Bag 10.5" orange fusion tour bagPutter Scotty Cameron Newport...

• Administrator
Our skin (Aria) is ready, but the "sand" color is not. It should be done "in the next 48 hours." I'm hopeful that's before about 6pm on Sunday, since I'd like to spend Sunday evening upgrading the forum. The timing might just work out perfectly.

That would be nice.

I updated my forum today from 3.5.4 to 3.6, went pretty smoothly and only had one error. Hopefully it goes pretty smooth for you too

IN MY BAG

• Administrator
All the updates I need are now out. I'll be closing down the forum shortly. Hopefully for no less than an hour.

• Administrator
Incidentally, the theme/skin was not properly updated (by the developer), so temporarily the site will be "skinny."

• Administrator
OK, the skin has been fixed to be the true "expanded" version, so now y'all get to play around.

PLEASE delete your browser cache. Otherwise you'll be seeing a lot of old images when the upgrade included a lot of new images.

I'll work on hacking in some of the changes I had in the last skin as the day goes on. So yes, things may change here and there.

Just make sure you delete (clear) your cache so you see the proper images. You may have to delete it a few times today as the CSS gets updated, too.

Next Steps
1. Get the forum looking like it used to before (with some improvements) (today)
2. Explore the new features (tomorrow)

• Administrator
Next Steps

I may leave it largely the way it is for the future. It'll certainly be much easier that way.

Incidentally, the theme/skin was not properly updated (by the developer), so temporarily the site will be "skinny."

Just testing the multiquote functionality.

Note: This thread is 6476 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!