IGNORED

Going after a shot...

Note: This thread is 6482 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I was at the range the other night and I tried to "get after a shot" and for some reason when I did this I seemed to hit the ball shorter. Is there any logical reason behind this? Could it be that I'm trying to power my swing and actually slowing down my club head speed? I was also hitting a 5 to 10 yard fade with every club and i've never done this before so if anyone has any pointers for me on either of these issues it would be greatly appreciated.

ZEBRA

also how do people get the logos in their signatures? By logos I mean the Titleist and TaylorMade and all the others.

Titleist 910 D2 10.5 Aldila RIP Phenom

Callaway RAZR fit 3 wood Avixcore 69 series

Mizuno MP650 19* hybrid

Scratch SB-1 DS 4-PW R+ C-Taper

Scratch 1018 DS 53 & 60

Low Tide Fin 

3UP 3F12

You may have been squeezing the club too tightly...that will sap a lot of power.

To include the logos, just wrap their location (ending in .jpg or .gif) in image tags ([IMG]Image location here[/IMG]). You can get the location by right clicking the image and viewing properties (or just right clicking and selecting "Copy image location" if you use Firefox).

I was at the range the other night and I tried to "get after a shot" and for some reason when I did this I seemed to hit the ball shorter. Is there any logical reason behind this? Could it be that I'm trying to power my swing and actually slowing down my club head speed? I was also hitting a 5 to 10 yard fade with every club and i've never done this before so if anyone has any pointers for me on either of these issues it would be greatly appreciated.

I thought you could selct more in the smileys and get most of them. Is that what you mean?

1W Cleveland LauncherComp 10.5, 3W Touredge Exotics 15 deg.,FY Wilson 19.5 degree
4 and 5H, 6I-GW Callaway Razr, SW, LW Cleveland Cg-14, Putter Taylor Made Suzuka, Ball, Srixon XV Yellow

allin, thanks it worked like a charm and looks great now, thanks again

Mizuno MP650 19* hybrid

Scratch 1018 DS 53 & 60

Low Tide Fin 

3UP 3F12

As far as "going after a shot" and having it wind up going shorter or more askew, that's one of the secrets of golf (or paradoxes if you prefer). When you swing harder, you are less likely to make good contact in the sweetspot, and therefore, the ball doesn't go as far (or as straight). Most of the pros try to use 80% effort on their swings. The fact that they can step it up from time to time is one of the reasons they are pros. Still, you'll even see them mess up when they try to put a little more into one. Swing under control and you'll find many more of your balls farther out in the fairway than you would if you simply try to hit them hard.

Now if I could just get myself to do that ... ;)

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.
--Groucho Marx

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

This happens big time to me. My back swing tempo gets quick and I can't keep my arms relaxed if I go after it, especially with the driver. I know, try to hit it better not farther, obviously a mental defect.

1W Cleveland LauncherComp 10.5, 3W Touredge Exotics 15 deg.,FY Wilson 19.5 degree
4 and 5H, 6I-GW Callaway Razr, SW, LW Cleveland Cg-14, Putter Taylor Made Suzuka, Ball, Srixon XV Yellow

ZEBRA, In addition to what others have mentioned, hitting a ball harder puts more spin on it. Choosing this course of action into the wind can cost you major yardage, sometimes a club or more. When I finally adopted the strategy of "take one more club and swing it easy" my ball striking on course considerably.

thanks for the info, i'll keep that in mind. I mean I knew that it would have a huge impact on where I struck the ball with the face of the club but was not aware of the spin affecting the distance quite that much.

thanks again

ZEBRA

Mizuno MP650 19* hybrid

Scratch 1018 DS 53 & 60

Low Tide Fin 

3UP 3F12

Note: This thread is 6482 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!