IGNORED

RIFE's Patented RollGroove?

Note: This thread is 5275 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Does it really work? I'm thinking of getting a 2 bar Rife.

Also considered a Cleveland VM milled putter.

Thanks for any feedback!

In my clicgear.gif 2.0 Push Cart and callaway.gifgolf bag are - 

Z-Star driver 10.5  Mashie 3 and 7 metals  Mashie 4 hyrbird  Z-Star 4-PW Irons  cleveland.gifCG Black 48, 52, 56 degree wedges  GoLo putter  upro mx+ gps

Does it work?

Oh my yes lordie.

I bought a Rife Antigua a few months back. Said it before here, nothing has improved my game aside from custom fitting like this putter. I can't imagine a single club making such a difference. Especially with so many fad and flash in the pan ideas. Golf products are notoriously scams in my opinion. The Rife putter is the real deal. I personally didn't like the 2 bar style, so I choose the Antigua. Had Scotty Camerons, Ody 2 ball, Bettinardi, etc.. and they are all sentenced to closet duty. My Rife putter is just in a league of its own. Check out their website for more info. More and more online retailers are and will be selling these putters.

http://rifeputters.com/

http://www.golfwarehouse.com/categor...n+Rife+Putters

http://thesandtrap.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30215

Thanks for the endorsement.

I think my putting stroke is more straight back & through.......I've read that face balanced putters work better.

Which Rifes are face-balanced?

btw...I currently use a Odyssey 2-ball....I don't know if it is face balanced or not...but I have lost confidence in it.

Z-Star driver 10.5  Mashie 3 and 7 metals  Mashie 4 hyrbird  Z-Star 4-PW Irons  cleveland.gifCG Black 48, 52, 56 degree wedges  GoLo putter  upro mx+ gps

I think, but check the website listed above, that all the Rife Range tends toward being face balanced.

I also have an Antigua model, it is more or less face balanced (very slight toe hang) which I feel helps me to keep my stroke consistent (although not straight back and through).

I've had the putter a couple of months and really like it.

Driver - RAM FX V
3 Wood - Callaway Steelhead Hybrid - Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 21 degree
Irons - Titleist DCI 4-PW
Wedges - Cleveland CG10, 52, 56, 60 degree
Putter - Rife Antigua

I think my putting stroke is more straight back & through.......I've read that face balanced putters work better.

The putter is arguably the most important club in your bag. Get a putter fitted to you. Many golfers get the rest of their clubs fitted, but buy a putter because it looks and feels good without getting fitted for it.

A golf pro will watch your putting stroke, watch your putting path tendencies, take measurements, and offer you advice on what type of putter to purchase and then fit it to your height/stroke/etc.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

I recently picked up a Rife Barbados because I was looking for more of a mallet-style putter after struggling some with my Odyssey blade. This thing is amazing. I love it so far. I don't know how much of my love for it is actually the Roll Grooves or just the fact that I can line it up so much easier. The feel and distance control is awesome though.

I also have a straight back and through stroke and I LOVE my Rife 2 Bar Mallet! The roll groove is FOR REAL, very smooth roll everytime. I switched from a Odyssey 2 Ball as well, so if you are thinking of getting the Rife......it is at least worth a shot.

In My University of Kentucky Bag:

R9 460
R9 T3
TP Rescue 17, 21 degree R7 TP 3-PW W/ Project X 6.0 Rac Z TP Wedges 50, 54, 58 Rife Two Bar Hybrid Mallet TP Black Pro V1

Thanks for the advice. I'm going by a Golf Galaxy tomororw to try out some Rife putters.

bsettle....good to see a Kentucky fan...me too.....I can't wait for Friday!!

I just bought my Rife putter just a few months back and it has the best feel of any putter I've played around with. My putts per round have dropped and I'm confident over any putt. Coincidentally, you're from about the same area I'm in. If you're going to the Golf Galaxy in the Fair Oaks area, then you might be disappointed in the selection there with Rife putters. Last time I went there about a month ago, they had only 2-3 Rife models there; and one was a lefty.

Yanks Fan...that is said to hear about the golf Galaxy. I was going there. Thanks for the heads-up.

Where do you normally play? I'm retired military...so I play a lot on Ft. Belvoir. Two weeks ago a I played Lake Presidential in MD.

Yanks Fan...that is said to hear about the golf Galaxy. I was going there. Thanks for the heads-up.

No problem. It's a great store and truth be told, all the employees know me and give me crap (jokingly) all the time for coming in to ooooo and awwww at everything and not buy anything lol. I'd give them a call before you drive there though and check in because for all I know, they could of got more models in. I usually play at my work out at Bristow Manor Golf Club. I play at Virginia Oaks once in a while too but it's nothing to call home about to be honest. Old Hickory is a nice track to play especially when I got a friend there to play cheap lol. I almost got to play Heritage Hunt a few weekends back but it rained and that killed that chance. Honestly though, it's rare when I play anything but my home course since it's free and always in top-notch condition.

all,

I just bought a Rife Golf 2Bar Hybrid Mallet Putter. I got it on ebay for $49 + $13 shipping. It was an "open box". I'll let you know how it is when I get it :]

I don't think its a gimmick at all. I used a Barbados for a while and loved the feel of it - and it was very nice in tracking through my stroke (face balanced). I also like the way it set up at address. I recently switched to the Abaco, and it too, is a great putter, though it's heel/toe weighted.

Rife may be the most underrated putter out there. I suspect they may be frowned upon because they have an infomercial!

WTIB:
Callaway FT-9 Tour 9.5° Scads of shafts - now: Kai'li 63 stiff
Tour Edge Exotics 3 & 5 FW
Callaway X-22 Tour irons
Bobby Jones 3 & 4 hybridsRife Abaco/Odyessy Black Series i9 puttersWith a few more hangin' around

Note: This thread is 5275 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!