IGNORED

My Swing (safetrip)

safetrip
Note: This thread is 5277 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've finally manage to shoot my swings. To give you some background, I've been playing about year and half. As much as I like playing, I never felt I had a solid swing. So I stopped going to courses and decided to build my swing from scatch on the range from last September. I didn't keep track of it consistently but my HI was probably 30-35 then.

I've been self studying from Hognan/Nicholas/Haney's books and going to range 1-2 times a week. I feel much better now having worked on my grip and setup. I'm still working on my back swing plane and weight shift on down swing. Hopefully I'll have some solid fundamentals by next spring.

Among other things, distance is one of the major issues. My driver goes fairly straight but carries only about 200 now. Thanks in advance for your comments.

"During our weekly Lamaze class, the instructor emphasized the importance of exercise, hinting strongly that husbands need to get out and start walking with their wives. From the back of the room one expectant father inquired, "Would it be okay if she carries a bag of golf clubs while she walks?"

You have a nice swing, I especially like your high finish, my golf dad always was trying to get me to finish high like your swing.

I like this video as a basic fundamental to the golf swing.

My only othe comments is to try to keep your rear shoulder slightly lower this help you generate more club head speed.

There are other You Tube sites that are very helpful to your golf swing, check out Mark Crossfield and the proper grip.

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

Swing and swing plane do not look bad at all from what i can see. The reason your lacking distance is your swing speed looks really slow and lacks acceleration and power. Hitting the ball straight means alot more then distance tho. I would just work on your hip drive on your down swing and accelerating through your swing, that will help you get more distance.

I'm going to give you a little advice. There's a force in the universe that makes things happen. And all you have to do is get in touch with it, stop thinking, let things happen, and be the ball.
Whats in my Walter Hagen stand bag.

Driver: VR Pro 9.5 Stiff

5 wood:SQ Stiff

3 Iron Hybrid:SQ Stiff Aldila Proto Vs 95-S

4-PW:VR Split Cavity Irons

SW:VR Black Satin 56

60:  CG 12

Ball:

^What he said...it looks like your swing is all arms too...get that lower body into action and you will see distanace improvements.

In My Bag:

Driver: HiBore XLS 10.5º (Fujikara Fit-on M Gold R Flex)
3-Wood: HiBore XLS 15º (Fujikara Fit-on M Gold R Flex)
5-Wood: S2 Straightneck 19º (Fujikara Fit-On Max 65 FW Stiff)Irons: HiBore XLi 3-PW (Fujikara Fit-on M Red S Flex)Wedges: CG14 Chrome 56º SW/60º LWPutter: ...

LOOSEN UP. You look so tense... Loose muscles are fast muscles

G10 (VS Proto 65 X) or 905S (speeder X) / X Tour 3W (VS Proto S) / Adams Idea Tour Proto 18* (VS Proto S) / S59 Tour, Z-Z65 Cushin (D2) / Mizuno MP-T 51-06 , 56-10, / Miz TP Mills #6 ~or~ Cleveland BRZ #5

After a year and a half and it sounds like your studying some good material. I would say great progress so far. I believe a lot of improvement will come by your own work and study.

You would be suprised at some of the doo doo's that post a video of themself in flip flops and a hoodie with their Moms 7 wood asking "what am I doing wrong?"

Great work so far..

-Beane

Suggest on your backswing to keep the club head up and not come inside so quickly -- you will get more arc. Make sure as you reach waist high with your hands that the club shaft does not point right of your target.

RC

Suggest on your backswing to keep the club head up and not come inside so quickly -- you will get more arc. Make sure as you reach waist high with your hands that the club shaft does not point right of your target.

I had a same reaction when I compared above video side by side with those of professionals. Among the numerous differences that I see of course, it seems like my back swing is too much inside. It wasn't like that in the beginning but as I started following Ben Hogan's recipe- sticking upper arm tightly to the body, it became more flat and inside. I have to say though, this was one of the swing thoughts that cured my slice. My arms feel much more connected to the body and that helps my down swing path inside.

So am I over doing Hogan's recipe? BTW, there is one thing I thought people will point out right away but haven't yet. It seems to me there is too much of lateral shift of my hip during the back swing i.e. instead of turning around, my hip seems to shift back. Any one see that?

"During our weekly Lamaze class, the instructor emphasized the importance of exercise, hinting strongly that husbands need to get out and start walking with their wives. From the back of the room one expectant father inquired, "Would it be okay if she carries a bag of golf clubs while she walks?"

Your swing plane is fine for now.

Your right hip isnt doing anything that I would consider odd.

If anything you seem to have a bit of a reverse pivot working. If your trying to do the stack and tilt thing, you need to keep your weight more-so on your left side throughout the entire swing.

If you goal is a more traditional pivot. Get your head behind the ball at address, keep it quite, and make sure you get off your right side going through the shot. It may feel like you are "hanging" on your left side. Thats OK, you just never want your weight moving backwards.

-Beane

Swing and swing plane do not look bad at all from what i can see. The reason your lacking distance is your swing speed looks really slow and lacks acceleration and power. Hitting the ball straight means alot more then distance tho. I would just work on your hip drive on your down swing and accelerating through your swing, that will help you get more distance.

Yeah, that's a pretty solid assessment.

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Note: This thread is 5277 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!